Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This MI-8 is going to be great.

Will the Key binds for the PKV collimating sights elevation knob be added?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Do you know if any of these updates will come before 2.0? Or is 2.0 the next update we will get.

This would be very nice to know!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

This MI-8 is going to be great.

Will the Key binds for the PKV collimating sights elevation knob be added?

You can have it right now on axes by adding the following

---added

{action = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.PKV, name = 'Pilot Sighting Station Intensity'},

{action = device_commands.Button_3, cockpit_device_id = devices.PKV, name = 'Pilot Sight Elevation'},

{action = device_commands.Button_17, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECH, name = 'Wheel Brakes'},

at the end to the default.lua file from

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Input\Mi-8MTV2\joystick

in quote there are 3 functions, what they do is self explanatory at the end. Notice that wheel brake on axis disables if slightly actuated the parking brake! meaning that if yo put the Mi-8 on parking brake and press the brake axis will disengage the parking brake and you will have to press again the key. Solution to this behavior would be to put a bigger dead zone to brake axis.

if you have one of the preset joysticks there you can add it to it also.

best way is to create a JSGME Mod so you can edit backup safely all.

Same functions can be added as buttons also in default.lua from keyboard folder if one prefers keys. I use axes.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

News No.8

News No.8

Siren is implemented.

Mi-8MTV sirena system belongs to assault-transport equipment.

To give an audio signal for troops the S-1 siren is installed on overhead pannel at frame 6 in cargo bay.

To turn on siren the following actions to be done:

− turn ON switch «РАКЕТЫ / СИРЕНА»;

7448739.jpg

− press «СИРЕНА» (siren) button located near to external payload control pannel.

7439523.jpg

Siren will sound and annunciator pannel «СИРЕНА ВКЛЮЧЕНА» (siren is on) will light up. Upon button release siren will turn off as well as annunciator pannel.

7424163.jpg

Now You shouldn't be worrying about troops, they'll disembark in right time hearing the powerful sound of siren activated by You. :)

Translated by - 7246389.jpg Laivynas Moderator/ED Testers Team:thumbup:

Still in Beta? Where's the manual and the updates?

I just installed the 1.2.16 DCS World version of the Mi-8, downloaded from the main modules page.

Are there any updates to be downloaded anywhere that incorporate all of the items mentioned by Alex in the NEWS post or do I have to wait for an official update?

I purchased this upon release as a Beta and while it is easily the most realistic and beautiful heli that I have ever flown in a sim, I was hoping after more than a years break from DCS that this would have been released by now.

I would like to read the final manual if that has been released?

Toby

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

The latest features are waiting for an official update. DCSW2 hopefully:)

Manual is included in the docs IIRC and if I may link you to this by Charley Owl if you need some refreshers http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144126

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Toby asks about the final version of the full-English manual. It hasn't been released yet, but the draft version of it, available in this forum section, gives lots of useful info about the "Hip".

I would guess, however, that implementation of new features will be followed by a major revision of this draft.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Have they said anything about the windscreen wipers? They are not functional yet, right?

+1 ive wanted those to work too.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I'd like them to work, but they would be useless unless we get rain effects on the glass...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

News No.8

Siren is implemented.

Now You shouldn't be worrying about troops, they'll disembark in right time hearing the powerful sound of siren activated by You. :)

Excellent, thank You for sharing and Thanks to Belsimtek for this upgrade!

antonio.

love my Sy~reen.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.