ISVA/USN flyable mods

Do you have the Flaming Cliffs 3 or A-10A modules?

These mods use the cockpit from the A-10A so if you don`t have the module that might be stopping you from getting in.

Well that explains it. I knew it was using an A10 pit but I only have the A10C. Well guess I'll grab the A since its on sale and see what happens. Thx for the reply!

14th_JAR

First thank you for the awesome paint jobs and thanks to the original creators of the Mod.

The plane is fun to fly and handles great on the carrier approach

Quick question is there a good graphic or source for the weapon store configurations for the A-7E?

I'm trying to create some simple missions with realistic loadouts

Thanks

Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Hi Xeno, my interpretation is that you are free to edit the payloads if you want to.

That's not possible, though; the format of the payload file is unknown, and it looks like it's been compiled somehow. It's under A-7E Corsair\Entry\, under the file name "Aa" (no extension).

I have no idea how to edit such a file.

Xeno426,

There is a Unit Payload file called A7ECorsair.lua

I'm going to try to see if I can put some of the VA-113 loadouts without crashing my DCS World

Wish me luck

Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Xeno426,

There is a Unit Payload file called A7ECorsair.lua

No, those are the preset loadouts, i.e. what would normally be found under \MissionEditor\data\scripts\UnitPayloads. I'm looking to edit the files that determine what can and can't be loaded onto a hardpoint, i.e. what would be located under \Scripts\Database\planes.

Specifically, since this is a mod, it would be a file rather like \CoreMods\aircraft\F-86\F-86.lua

Hi Xeno426,

What I've discovered is that you can tailor those preset loads to have them as a default load in the A7ECorsair.lua.

You just need to look at the A-10A file for the CLSID codes for the munition.

The down side is that you may not be able to select that weapon for that particular station from the drop down because the creators may have locked the file.

What I will do is modify that file to have the load outs depicted from the infographic from 14th_JAR and use those loadouts as my default and tailor my missions I create around them.

Hope this helps

Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

That's not possible, though; the format of the payload file is unknown, and it looks like it's been compiled somehow. It's under A-7E Corsair\Entry\, under the file name "Aa" (no extension).

I have no idea how to edit such a file.

<Google translate On>

Yes it is. :music_whistling:

I have to obfuscate plane and weapons file (like MiG-21 declaration) to prevent any dirty hack and unwanted modification.

Just say that you need to add in payload, and we will make it. It's about 5 minutes question.

This is originally German mod was redone by me and SLebedeff.

MK-83, MER, payload, main declaration file, gui theme... Almost all mod structure was written from the scratch.

If you have any suggestions and additions please share them in this forum thread.

Since we in principle/historically do not start our own thread on the forum.

Added: Working on loadouts...

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

It is possible to modify aircraft payloads, found a thread somewhere that explained it and some mods for dcs, but I can't find it anymore nor do I have them. Now I tend to stay away from mods for DCS, I found they can cause issues. Now I'm all about modding fc2 though!

On another note, the hornet and a7 are kinda buggy from the Wings of Russia guys. Refueling the hornet on the ground never stops and the A7 seems way to over powered IMHO. I figured that thing would be sluggier than the A10.

But it is nice to have *some* sort of Naval ops, now I can relive my navy days on the carrier once again...lol

Well, I tried the A-7E with a clean profile and man can that thing turn and fly. :D And I have to admit the cockpit is the perfect match for the purpose.

There is one thing that bothers me a bit - the F-8 Crusader (which is basically the airframe the A-7 is built on) was the model with the afterburner, but the A-7 doesn't have one. Right now the mod feels a bit overpowered exactly because of the afterburner and the insane acceleration. Any way to shut it off permanently, short of changing the throttle curve so it doesn't go past 100% RPM?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

Any way to shut it off permanently, short of changing the throttle curve so it doesn't go past 100% RPM?

It's the only way to get out from the deck without catapult...

Ramp start requires power at low mach (0.0-0.2) values.

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

That's LAU in this list is not necessary?

{ CLSID = "{9BC82B3D-FE70-4910-B2B7-3E54EFE73262}" }, -- LAU-68-MK5 * 3 (HE)
               { CLSID = "{174C6E6D-0C3D-42ff-BCB3-0853CB371F5C}" }, -- LAU-68-MK5
               { CLSID = "{A021F29D-18AB-4d3e-985C-FC9C60E35E9E}" }, -- LAU-68-M151
               { CLSID = "{647C5F26-BDD1-41e6-A371-8DE1E4CC0E94}" }, -- LAU-68-M257
               { CLSID = "{0877B74B-5A00-4e61-BA8A-A56450BA9E27}" }, -- LAU-68-M274
               { CLSID = "{319293F2-392C-4617-8315-7C88C22AF7C4}" }, -- LAU-131-MK5
               { CLSID = "{69926055-0DA8-4530-9F2F-C86B157EA9F6}" }, -- LAU-131-M151
               { CLSID = "LAU_131x3_HYDRA_70_M151" },                -- LAU-131-M151 * 3
               { CLSID = "{DAD45FE5-CFF0-4a2b-99D4-5D044D3BC22F}" }, -- LAU-131-M257
               { CLSID = "{6D6D5C07-2A90-4a68-9A74-C5D0CFFB05D9}" }, -- LAU-131-M274
               { CLSID = "{FD90A1DC-9147-49FA-BF56-CB83EF0BD32B}" }, -- LAU-61 - 19 2.75' (COM)
               { CLSID = "M261_MK151" },                             -- LAU-61 - 19 2.75' (HE)

su-24.gif

<Google translate On>

Yes it is. :music_whistling:

I have to obfuscate payload and entry file (like MiG-21 declaration) to prevent any dirty hack and unwanted modification.

Huh, didn't think that was an issue. People can still modify the vanilla payloads just fine, so it is not a server balance issue.

Just say that you need to add in payload, and we will make it. It's about 5 minutes question.

Well, the payload from SLUF is pretty good. According to the RAZBAM manual for the A-7E, here are some further loadouts.

Stations 1 & 8:

2xLAU-10 pods

6xMk-82 Snake eye

AGM-45

AGM-88

Stations 2 & 7

6xMk-82 Snake eye

AGM-45

AGM-88

Stations 3 & 6

3 or 2xMk-82 Snake eye

3 or 2xMk-82 LDGP

If AIM-9s are loaded on stations 4 & 5, then only two Mk-82s could be carried on stations 3 & 6 (the inboard shoulder position was left empty).

The David A. Anderton book LTV (Vought) A-7A/E Corsair II (Profile Publications Number 239) also lists the AGM-62 Walleye as an armament. No location is given, but since other guided weapons were carried on stations 1, 2, 7, 8; those are probably the pylons that could use the AGM-62 as well.

The Al Adcock book A-7 Corsair II in Action No 120 lists the AGM-84 as another weapon it could use (probably 1, 2, 7 & 8 as well). The AN/AAR-4S FLIR could be carried on station 6.

GBUs could also be carried, but the A-7 had no way to self-designate.

While the player won't be able to use the AGM-88 or AGM-45, the AI should still be able to make use of them.

It is possible to modify aircraft payloads, found a thread somewhere that explained it and some mods for dcs, but I can't find it anymore nor do I have them. Now I tend to stay away from mods for DCS, I found they can cause issues. Now I'm all about modding fc2 though!

Yeah, it's pretty easy to do, including the preset mission payloads. The issue with the A-7 is that the file controlling that is blocked off by being compiled.

As for mods, use JSGME. If a mod gives you issues, it's very easy to remove.

• Like 1

I would be very grateful if you share your's IRL payload in this thread.

Only plane and weapons declaration is compliled - One plane/No fork's.

I can share CLSID's if needed.

Now I'm working on combined ISVA/VFA-113 mod.

SEAD role (Su-25T eng cockpit) will be added as an variant.

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

The David A. Anderton book LTV (Vought) A-7A/E Corsair II (Profile Publications Number 239)...

Thanks! Got it and reading now.

Why I like to be on the English-speaking side of the forum?

Yes... I can't forget about vodka, fur hat and my domesticated bear.

But...

The constructive dialogue! That says it all...

Thank you all for the help and advice!

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

Thanks! Got and reading now.

Keep in mind it is rather old, from 1972. Things like the FLIR pods and newer weapons aren't covered in it.

Another good source are modeling forums. Many former pilots and ground crew will give actual loadouts that their squadron used.