ISVA/USN flyable mods

F-18C mod - currently in the testing phase for DCS 1.5.1

F-14A mod - 3D model does not allow to use it normally due the cockpit glitch. No plan for a public update yet.

Thanks for that update Morkva. Been trying to get the F-18C for days and was just coming here to ask why I kept seeing that message. Appreciate the hard work you're doing and the communication as well!

REMARK

F/A-18C added as NEW FA-18C (additional) plane and uses F-15 avionics and altered Su-33 Input settings.

F/A-18C added as NEW FA-18A (additional) plane and uses Su-25T avionics and altered Su-25T Input settings.

At this moment, there is no other possibility to make F/A-18 flyable with the working hook, aerial refueling and wing folding...

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

It is possible via writing custom luaDevice which will set the necessary animation argument for aircraft external model.

Also you need to synchronize these arguments via additional entry in the net animation list in the plane's declaration lua file.

I can do it, but absence of a good 3d model for F-14 makes this attempt not worth the effort.

Actually I can do nearly anything with external animation using ingame sensors data and custom system device.

P.S.

Find the author of VNAO models, convince him to provide the original 3D Max files, and then I can help you.

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

Because the F-18a mod:

The A/G capability is very limited - key bindings for EOS and LLTV are missing and only unguided weapons can be used.

But it has the Su -25t avionic so it should be possible to use gbu and agm 65?! Or am I wrong?

By the way - great fun to fly!

Same for me. You can use AGM88 in SEAD missions tho.

Yeah, I use the F-18 for SEAD.

I was kind of surprised because it looks like they included 2 pods, the ELINT pod and I think a jamming pod. Of course, there are 2 slots for jammers along the side of the aircraft anyway so an extra pod there didn't make sense. But on the A-7 they have the ELINT pod and the LLTV pod from the Su-25T. So maybe they meant to put the LLTV pod there (which would have given us the ability to fire mavs) but got the wrong pod? Just a guess.

Another thing I noticed was how slow the top speed seems to be. I know the bug isn't very fast, but I couldn't get it to break the sound barrier at low level with a clean configuration. Doesn't seem terribly spry up high either.

It's a minor thing because it's just nice to fly something with SEAD capability and the work done to make it able to air refuel and do carry work is great, so I'm not complaining. Still enjoying it! :thumbup:

Is the A7 compatible with 1.5.1 or is it only for 1.12?

UPDATE

16192cd9b2b1.jpg

056bc4cad8a0.jpg

Bad news:

- Since DCS World Beta 1.5.1 Update - all external lighting effects are... mad.gif broken.

Good news:

- Cockpit position corrected,

- Countermeasures declaration and position fixed,

- Park brake system implemented (set throttle to idle and open cockpit),

- Auto speedbrake retraction implemented (set gear to extend in flight and speedbrake will retract automatically - like IRL).

Download

(78.2 mb)

Last page...

Yeah, I use the F-18 for SEAD.

I was kind of surprised because it looks like they included 2 pods, the ELINT pod and I think a jamming pod. Of course, there are 2 slots for jammers along the side of the aircraft anyway so an extra pod there didn't make sense. But on the A-7 they have the ELINT pod and the LLTV pod from the Su-25T. So maybe they meant to put the LLTV pod there (which would have given us the ability to fire mavs) but got the wrong pod? Just a guess.

Another thing I noticed was how slow the top speed seems to be. I know the bug isn't very fast, but I couldn't get it to break the sound barrier at low level with a clean configuration. Doesn't seem terribly spry up high either.

It's a minor thing because it's just nice to fly something with SEAD capability and the work done to make it able to air refuel and do carry work is great, so I'm not complaining. Still enjoying it! :thumbup:

Ok got it working! The commands for the Eos are just excludet in the default.lua:

delate the "--" before the parameter and it will work.

Morkva_55: was there a bug? or why was it excludet? Mavs, GBU 10/12/16 works now. But there is no working LLTV Pod, and the lua for the weapon stations is cyptic, so can maybe someone with permission add the ELINT Pod to an station?

Ok got it working! The commands for the Eos are just excludet in the default.lua:

delate the "--" before the parameter and it will work.

Morkva_55: was there a bug? or why was it excludet? Mavs, GBU 10/12/16 works now. But there is no working LLTV Pod, and the lua for the weapon stations is cyptic, so can maybe someone with permission add the ELINT Pod to an station?

I have not touched this mod.

I reported the problem to the Slebedeff.

su-24.gif

SLebedeff is out of range so...

F/A-18 MOD UPDATE :pilotfly:

Fixed:

- Input for F/A-18A (Optics, Laser, Night Vision, etc.)

- Station 10 ME loadout for F/A-18A (Mercury pod)

REMARK

To configure F/A-18A & F/A-18C input settings you have to use menu item for the Su-33 in settings panel.

Download

(163 mb)

Additional liveries

(627.5 mb)

Copy files in [iSVA_FA18C\Mods\aircraft\FA18C\Liveries\FA-18C and FA-18А ] respectively.

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

Is there a certain procedure to fire weapons for the f18A? The TV pod unlocks targets too soon after I drop laser guided weapons. AGM65 (G model I think) just rolled to the left and blows up. I wasn't able to fire the AGM 85. The only thing I can successfully put on target are dumb bombs.

It is fun to fly with though. Thanks!