'Stories Behind Images' Thread

I'm making this thread after the last one I made about finding the story behind the image of the canopy-less F-14 (thanks everybody that helped in that thread!), this time anybody can feel free to post their own photos they have questions about,

I'll get the ball rolling with these two,

1365277750_An_Iraqi_man_waves_his_AK_47_rifle_in.jpg

This one is interesting, a farmer waving an AK-47 in front of an Apache? What? I've trying to find the story behind this image for a while but have never been able to get an answer, maybe I am just not searching hard enough. :helpsmilie:

new_F_18_and_Mi_G_21_1.jpg

This image I am intrigued about, just as to how a Fishbed managed to get on a Hornets six o'clock? (It may have only been there very briefly though, haha! :hehe:)

Any help with these images is appreciated, feel free to post your own images/question here. :thumbup: :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Give me two Australian divisions and I will conquer the world.."

- Erwin Rommel

They must had a lot of confidence in their goatkeeper point defense system, taking pictures like that. Are there any whereabouts about the helicopter? Did US recovered the machine, or airstriked the site, or Iraqi send it to (or parts of) Russia?

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Meh, The US said they destroyed it in place, then it showed up on a low loader in Baghdad. Then it was supposed to have been destroyed later. Then the Americans showed up, not on a low loader in Baghdad. The crew said it was mechanical and not combat related - the Iraqi's disagreed. On that night quite a few apaches were hit though...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why yes, I did just crash...