2015 DCS Summer Sale - Steam Summer Sale 6/11/15

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great sale!

Now, um... give me something else to buy. At least put the Jug up for pre-order!

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Im full up, minus the 2 trainers (Hawk and C101) and any immediate future modules.

I however have a mess load of "Credits" from buying full price modules, and those cant be redeemed during the sales, so I'll likely wait and get the trainers so I can use my credits.

Also have Backer rewards for the WWII Stuff....

The Modules i KNOW for a fact I'm gonna fly relentlessly I buy full price, the rest I buy during sales just to fill out my stable and support devs without breaching my budget.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

skipped lunch and got the Saber.... fair trade says I :beer:. A workmate bought lunch... no loss here! Thanks

again ED

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

I love all the WWII Planes, the flight models for them are fantastic...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

So if I have DCS World on Steam, can I take advantage of this sale or do I have to have two separate versions?

Please refer to posts 26, 27, 28, 29, 34 and 36, this thread!

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Just got the Mig 15 and the Su-27 campaign... Just need to figure out the FOV bug the Russian jets seem to have my end now so I can learn the Flanker properly.

(can't change my view so I feel like I'm pushed up against the canopy at all times)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Please refer to posts 26, 27, 28, 29, 34 and 36, this thread!

Short, simple answer is No

Fishbed or Flanker?

Sukhoi does sexy design, but the MiG has all the switches!

But the MiG will be cannonfodder against those newer jets?

Design-wise I'd go for the MiG 15! I was grinding for it when I still played War Thunder, but it simply takes too long. It doesn't have missiles and radar, so I need at least the Fishbed.

I need some input here.

Fishbed or Flanker?

Sukhoi does sexy design, but the MiG has all the switches!

But the MiG will be cannonfodder against those newer jets?

Design-wise I'd go for the MiG 15! I was grinding for it when I still played War Thunder, but it simply takes too long. It doesn't have missiles and radar, so I need at least the Fishbed.

I need some input here.

i have both su-27 and mig-21 and i often fly with them.

they both have unique Flight Dynamics which has not applied any simulator before.

Maybe I will? But for now I have to make one a priority.

Get the MiG-21.

I have all 3 (Su-27, MiG-21, and MiG-15) and fly the MiG-21 MUCH more than the other 2.

The MiG-15 is also an excellent module, but I think the MiG-21 is a just a bit more fun and has more roles/weapons to explore. Plus, it just feels a bit more "real" to me, not sure why.

The MiG-21 has the ideal balance of being a comprehensive, ultra-immersive module; but modern enough at there are systems to explore and the performance is what you'd expect from a Mach 2 fighter. Plus, it is challenging to fly and land, which keeps me entertained. The MiG-15 has easier handling for sure.

You are outclassed by most of the US aircraft, but you learn tricks and tactics to make up for it. Or just set-up lots of 1V1 with guns and enjoy the handling. If you fight against the F-4E a lot, things are definitely much better than facing off against a gaggle of Hornets (at least you can out run them :D).

Get the MiG-21, I really doubt that you'd regret it.

-Nick

Get the MiG-21.

I have all 3 (Su-27, MiG-21, and MiG-15) and fly the MiG-21 MUCH more than the other 2.

The MiG-15 is also an excellent module, but I think the MiG-21 is a just a bit more fun and has more roles/weapons to explore. Plus, it just feels a bit more "real" to me, not sure why.

The MiG-21 has the ideal balance of being a comprehensive, ultra-immersive module; but modern enough at there are systems to explore and the performance is what you'd expect from a Mach 2 fighter. Plus, it is challenging to fly and land, which keeps me entertained. The MiG-15 has easier handling for sure.

You are outclassed by most of the US aircraft, but you learn tricks and tactics to make up for it. Or just set-up lots of 1V1 with guns and enjoy the handling. If you fight against the F-4E a lot, things are definitely much better than facing off against a gaggle of Hornets (at least you can out run them :D).

Get the MiG-21, I really doubt that you'd regret it.

-Nick

Mach 2? So it comes down to baiting missiles? I do it with the Ka-50. But not quite at Mach 2...

bdb49a81Just waiting for that sale to pop up in STEAM.bdb49a81

Steam governs their own sales.

Steam governs their own sales.

How can VALVE rule when publisher has the sales?

There has been games that are often in sales, like almost once a month etc. You can get daily, weekly, weekend or special holiday/season sales if wanted. But if wanted to get to specials, then there is likely own rules too for periods etc.

As far I know Valve allows publisher to push wanted sales.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes, but with a waiting time of three months after the last sale.....

No waiting times. Often games are in Steam in sale even couple weeks after previous sale has ended.

I have multiple times bought something once I skipped or failed to buy on sale, it is good risk to wait like sometimes you get -50% few weeks before summer sale, where it can come then -75-80% off. Or before Christmas there can be sales for -25% and then just after Christmas you find -75%.

You just need to know the special sales periods like when publisher is having own catalog open, theme sale or season sale etc. It as well helps to follow other sites sales as publishers often place Steam as well when their product is in sale in other places like GOG, Humble Bundle and so on.

There is no reasons that Eagle Dynamics with its partners couldn't make Steam Sales same time as their own site. But it is way to keep their own E-store customers happy as they get them first (or often only) and often even little cheaper (unless Steam in your country has benefits).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

No waiting times. Often games are in Steam in sale even couple weeks after previous sale has ended.

I have multiple times bought something once I skipped or failed to buy on sale, it is good risk to wait like sometimes you get -50% few weeks before summer sale, where it can come then -75-80% off. Or before Christmas there can be sales for -25% and then just after Christmas you find -75%.

You just need to know the special sales periods like when publisher is having own catalog open, theme sale or season sale etc. It as well helps to follow other sites sales as publishers often place Steam as well when their product is in sale in other places like GOG, Humble Bundle and so on.

There is no reasons that Eagle Dynamics with its partners couldn't make Steam Sales same time as their own site. But it is way to keep their own E-store customers happy as they get them first (or often only) and often even little cheaper (unless Steam in your country has benefits).

Yes, but with a waiting time of three months after the last sale.....

How can VALVE rule when publisher has the sales?

There has been games that are often in sales, like almost once a month etc. You can get daily, weekly, weekend or special holiday/season sales if wanted. But if wanted to get to specials, then there is likely own rules too for periods etc.

As far I know Valve allows publisher to push wanted sales.

Steams Massive Summer Sale starts soon, its very rare not.to.see ED's products discounted On steam during that time.