Odd issue.

Chief1942

Recently I have had an interesting issue crop up. Whenever I go to an outside view, and attempt to zoom in or out via the mouse (MouseZ Zoom View), all I get is a stuttering picture. If I hit ESC and select "Adjust Controls" from the window that appears, I can fix it simply by exiting out of that screen without touching anything in the controls, back into the sim and it works as expected. It happens so randomly, that I have not been able to associate anything I may be doing that would cause this. I can also tell when the problem is present in the cockpit view (F1) because as I move around the pit via my TrackIR, I see some stuttering of the view. Go to the F2 Outside View and Bingo, there it is.I did search on the forums to see if anything like this had been discussed. No joy!

Can anyone give me some insight into where I might start to eliminate this issue? Happens with all modules. Thanks for any feedback.

Edited by Chief1942

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Sounds like there may be 2 controls set for zoom view to me. Is this true in your settings?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

My settings

Sounds like there may be 2 controls set for zoom view to me. Is this true in your settings?

I have my cockpit view zoom set on the slider of my Warthog throttle. I have the external view{F2} zoom set to the wheel on my mouse {mouse Z) in the controls settings. I don't see where the two would conflict. Could be wrong. I removed the Mouse Z setting in "Controls" but then I cannot zoom when in F2 outside view. I thought it might be my TrackIR longitudinal camera but in removing that, all I did was lose that ability in-cockpit and the issue in external view remains. Still puzzled. Thanks for your input.

Edited by Chief1942

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I may have stumbled on what is causing my problem. I looked in the "Saved Games" folder at the "Input" folder and found a default mouse .lua under the F-86 which had some odd additions to it. None of the other a/c even had that .lua in their folder.I deleted that .lua and so far the issue has not appeared.

Well, that wasn't it. The issue remains. As I said it is random so I cannot seem to nail down the problem.

Edited by Chief1942
Update

The sliders are set to control zoom. once you move one slider it conflicts with the position of the other slider? Feel free to jump in here guys. :) I am assuming here.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

You don't have "Reset zoom" or "Centre view" accidently bound to a toggle switch or slider, do you?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Nope!

You don't have "Reset zoom" or "Centre view" accidently bound to a toggle switch or slider, do you?

As I said earlier, the only "view" settings I have are the Zoom View set to my Warthog Throttle Joy slider 1 and my center mouse wheel set to zoom in/out when in outside view (F2).

I thank you guys for your ideas. I went in Options-Controls and removed every key assignment that had to do with views. Couldn't believe how many there were in the modules I NEVER fly, such as the "Easy" ones. I also found that there were two mouse key assignments under "Cockpit View" that assigned Mouse 3 to Camera Transpose Mode(press and hold) and Mouse 2 assigned to Enable Visual Recon Mode. I have removed all those even though I'm not sure how "Cockpit View" assignments would affect the F2 External View. Well, I'm off to see if all these deletions did any good. I'll report back if that was the solution and again, thanks for all the help.

Edited by Chief1942

Well No Joy! Also found out that even if one makes changes in the "OPTIONS-Controls" page on every module, those changes are NOT reflected in the game when you hit the ESC key and are presented with "Adjust Controls" option. One has to go into each place and remove unwanted key assignments. Went through that little exercise with every module and iteration, still have my problem. Onward and upward.