Concerning BEER vs. flight sims

msalama

I think moderation is the key to everything. no! Not sithspawn!! NOOOO!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Mmmmm my favourite! Kasteel Donker

They do make others too...

IMG_0604_zps8be8a408.jpg

Scotland does some strong beers too...

Tactical Nuclear Penguin by Brew Dog 32% ABV stout

IMG_0603_zps21995301.jpg

AAAH Tactical Nuclear Penguin. I had the chance to buy a bottle a few years back but didn't I hope they produce another batch.

Micro breweries are the trend in the whole of the UK now, and we beer connoisseurs (should that be beernnoisseurs?) are now spoilt for choice when it comes to real ales.

Belgium is of course the world centre for speciality beers - boasting that they can select a different beer for every course of a meal - and it is without doubt that when it comes to lagers and pilseners, Germany and The Czech republic and Slovakia have it sewn up.

It is great to be a European!

AAAH Tactical Nuclear Penguin. I had the chance to buy a bottle a few years back but didn't I hope they produce another batch.

Would love another bottle too, tho, getting it over to Belgium here cost as much as the bottle did:cry:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 1 month later...
OK, Friday night again so I'm gonna down a couple after a crappy work week. Who's with me?!?

Sure thing, gonna see a couple live bands tonight, expecting great music and (not really great, but very acceptable) local beer to go along with it: Herrenhäuser Pilsener (aka "Herry"). :)

(Maybe I'll toss in a Jever or two, as well. Very tasty, dry beer from a small town near the North Sea coast).

(Maybe I'll toss in a Jever or two, as well. Very tasty, dry beer from a small town near the North Sea coast.
Never tasted Herrenhäuser, but yeah, Jever's great! Although the best German pils IMO is the Radeberger. Yummy! Mmmmm...

Me, I've got a couple of Warsteiners and Gambrinuses. Prost / na zdraví!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh BEER!

What a great topic. :thumbup:

We used to have a Coke machine in the corner of the hangar. Outsiders were not allowed to insert coins. Coke machines make very good beer fridges!

I don't know what Coke thought about never ever resupplying the machine with soft drinks.

What they don't know won't hurt them. :doh:

These days I've been introduced to a good strong Tank 10 otherwise known as Tanqueray#10.

With lemon/lime of course!

The occasional Glenmorangie/Macallan or Courvoisier xo to clear the nostrils.

(re: Message #7)

In 2050 I will be age 99, if I live that long.

I think I'd rather live less long with a beer or two and a peppermint schnaps chaser once in awhile, than on a no alcohol diet!

It is quite fun sim flying in MP, talking on TS3, everybody kinda' soused, and not flying so great.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like belgian beer... but... take a favorite beer and freeze it, then unfreeze it and let it warm at room temperature while it is opened. Then drink a bit. Bad isn't it? Makes you think... almost all all it needs to be good is bubbles and to be cold. So maybe we should not over rate it.

:beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 weeks later...

Mead.. Even better than beer. I still don't understand why you German guys love beer with corn in it. Pißwasser.. I love good beer, and I prefer Belgian beers even though we have 1700 micro brewers here on last count. Oh and one or two particular French beers. Pelforth and Fischer beer.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

Only thing......Flight Sims haven't lead me into any really bad decisions. I can't say that for beer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

A good 10 to 12 year Islay whiskey is the only way to go for me.

It goes down so good it truly is too late when you realise you have had too much.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

A good 10 to 12 year Islay whiskey is the only way to go for me.

It goes down so good it truly is too late when you realise you have had too much.

Amen to that, although a nice cold glass of beer is also very welcome at times.

Just discovered a new local beer called Oops.

The brewer told me it started off as a mistake, but tastes quite nice, so he kept the recipe.

It's a dangerous one though, it goes down like lemonade, but contains 9% alcohol.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

personally, I designed my beer holder first and then build my sim-sled around it :music_whistling: check it our here...

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=693&pictureid=5348

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy