ED Wiki contribution requested

MemphisBelle

Hello guys,

as the wiki has been reopened again by the Wiki Admins and a contribution is possible again, I want to continue my effort that I´ve put in 3 years ago already, before that wiki has been closed for security issues. So I plan to do several things in order to have a Wiki that is filled well with easy to find and properly sorted information and downloadable stuff.

Many guys of you already know the A-10C Tutorial Collection and the DCS root page as well as the Module´s root page, where all important information can be accessed from quite easily.

Since then many Modules have been added to our favourite game and all those Modules need those pages as well in order to provide easy to access Information.

As I will prepare the Platform, I assume that I depend on your help. So Ì´d please you to send me your stuff via PM so that I can feed the wiki again. You can of course do that by yourself, if you have an account...it´s just an offer. But please wait until all the needed pages have been created.

Dont wonder if it takes some time untill all Modules are prepared as I have to do this in my spare time.

As most of those stuff has an own topic within this forums, just send me the links to your topics.

I would need things like:

• Tutorials
  • common guides
  • reference Documents
  • Technical information
  • Hardwarte profiles (Joysticks, Track IR and so on)
  • Youtube links for tutorial Videos
  • and what you thing is worth to be part of the wiki

The latest pages I am currently about to prepare are the F-86 Sabre related...:

all yet WIP of course

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

OK Guys,

I´ve been a little busy the last couple days and have achieved a lot of work on the wiki.

• Now the Module overview pages (like the one from the A-10C Warthog) are finished for all modules.
  • The C-101, the Mig-21 and the Hawk did have "Module Breakdown" Information pages. Those ones have been moved to another place and are accessible now from the respective overview pages
  • The Tutorial Collections have been added now for all available Modules, some already existing pages were altered and updated with some new Navigation stuff to enable an more easy use of the respective wiki pages
  • The images (the small ones, that have been placed once next to the Content) have been entirely changed.

So what does that mean now?

That means that you can now either put your stuff into the respective Tutorial Collections or if you dont want to, then you can simply send me your stuff via PM now and I´ll do that.

Next to this I´ll start searching the Forums and youtube for useable content to be gatherd in the wiki.

If you have suggestions about content that you consider worth beeing added to the wiki and probably dont have an own account, so let me know and I´ll take a look on that.

below you find a list of all Tutorial collections and overview pages from all the currently available Modules now to take a quick look on them.

Sidenote: These links can be accessed easily by using the wiki and dont represent an individual creation

DCS: A-10C

DCS: KA-50

DCS: Combined Arms

DCS: P-51

FW-190D-9 Dora

BF-109K-4 Kurfürst

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3 A-10A

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3 SU-27

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3 F-15C

UH-1H Huey

Mi-8 MTV2

F-86F Sabre

Mig-15BIS

C-101 Aviojet

Mig-21BIS

Hawk T.1A

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Why are you doing work twice over?

There's already pages for some of the aircraft

for example

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/F-15C_For_DCS

Why are you doing work twice over?

There's already pages for some of the aircraft

for example

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/F-15C_For_DCS

it doesnt simply make sense to copy Content and link them to nothings. This link that you are showing me here has no relation. How do you get to this page? The "what links here" function doesnt provide any ressource, so how shall someone find this page?

Start right from the beginning at the mainpage and hit the DCS Wolrd link...then you´ll see what I mean

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Start right from the beginning at the mainpage and hit the DCS Wolrd link...then you´ll see what I mean

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/DCS_World

Eagle Dynamics Modules (linked images)

Partner Modules (linked images)

Licensed 3-rd Party Modules (linked images)

perhaps if one was to click on one of the images...

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/DCS_World

Eagle Dynamics Modules (linked images)

perhaps if one was to click on one of the images...

thats why they are called linked Images...since 2012 by the way ;)

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

The Hardware Profile Page has recieved a great update today. A huge amount of profiles for many of the currently available Modules as well as for certain Devices and certain solutions like Helios, has been added to the ED Wiki Hardware Profile Page.

Additionally to this, this page contains now a profile page for Voicve Attack Profiles

I have digged through the user files in order to locate and add as many as possible Profiles, I also searched for Profiles spread around here in the Forums. Although I was able to find many Profiles, so I am still rely on your help...so it would be great if you send them to me in order to have them all on the wiki.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Thanks, thats great. I'II add them as soon as I get hands on the wiki next time.

great tutorials by the way, very informativ especially for beginners.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

... so I am still rely on your help...so it would be great if you send them to me in order to have them all on the wiki.

MemphisBelle: I'm a new DCS sim-pilot in the beginning stages of figuring out how to configure my controls (Saitek X-65F & Combat Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, and Track-IR5) for DCS. I can program the X-65f very well, and the TM MFD controllers seem easy to program as well, but I'm having difficulty finding info specifically on the DCS control setup GUI beyond what is in the DCS World Manual and the "DCS World Input Controller Walkthrough".

Since CHARLY_OWL has been kind enough to create aircraft guides that apparently also cover control config, I'll have to check out his A-10C guide. Thanks for sharing your work, Mr. Owl!

I'll continue looking for info while getting my controls to work the way I want them to in DCS, and If I find anything useful, I'll let you know.

Edited by LuckyStiff63
Added TrackIR 5

"We call them MISSiles for a reason. If they always worked, we'd call them HITtiles." - Unknown Combat Aviator

"I was just pondering the immortal words of Socrates who said: ' I drank WHAT??!! '...- Val Kilmer as "Chris Knight" in REAL GENIUS

I suggest you check the first post here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

There are guides for the MiG-15, MiG-21, F-86F, P-51D (will be rewritten, but link URL will remain the same), Bf.109K-4, FW190D-9, UH-1H and A-10C.

I have moved those Tutorials to the Module Overview page on the wiki now. It happened for the A-10C and the P-51 already. The Tutorials for other Modules are about to follow within the next couple days.

...I'll continue looking for info while getting my controls to work the way I want them to in DCS, and If I find anything useful, I'll let you know.

Welcome to the Community and thanks in advance for any Info you´ll get together.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection