Storm Of War: The Battle of Britain

Witchking

Oleg's new sim is looking great

all_019a_013.jpg

all_019a_008.jpg

Features:

• Flyable aircraft - At least 10-11 highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft - including Spitfire, Hurricane, Messerschmitt, Junkers, etc. Flyable fighters and multi crew position bombers.

Non-Flyable aircraft - From 15 to 20 AI controlled aircraft.

Huge number of single missions - 20 single-player missions & 10 multiplayer missions (At least).

Brand new game map - The game will take place from central England in the North, to Northern France in the South (The part of map will include Belgium - area close to French border, from where Italian AF were flying, involved in BoB). The game-world will consist of a single large map and will encompass cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas.

Enhanced campaign system - The dynamic campaign system will be an "evolution" of the Forgotten Battles campaign engine and will include expanded pilot and squadron management.

Dynamic campaign system - Allows players to rewrite history (ability to set two variants in realistic settings for campaign system. One for realistic, and one for "rewriting history").

Scalable gameplay - Not only appealing for sim enthusiasts, it will attract the novices too through an enhanced novice mode.

An even more accurate flight model - based on the IL-2 series development with advanced modules of precise calculation.

New weather effects - Weather conditions changing in-flight. Moving storm fronts and changing weather throughout the day.

• Changing, moving weather- and location-dependent air masses.<LI class=bodytext_black>New 3D engine - highly detailed objects and ground, including accurate coastal lines and realistically looking sea waves. For the first time in any flight sim, details like working ground vehicle suspension use our real-time physics engine. Animated weapon physics, such as recoiling tank guns, etc. Expandable with add-ons for new theatres.

Air-stream effects - Authentic turbulence and atmospheric circulation unique for each cloud type. When flying directly behind another aircraft, there will be a noticeable realistic prop-wash and turbulence effect.

• Multiplayer option - 32 at minimum, dogfights, cooperative and team play modes with basic and special maps.

We would not bother asking Oleg to speculate on a release date, but it's looking like sometime the end of this year would be a reasonable assumption. We'll let Oleg and Ubisoft field that one for you.

- Hornit

"

source: Simhq.com http://www.simhq.com/_all/all_019a.html

They are calling it the flight sim nirvana :D

---------------------------------------

Just imagining how ED's next flight sim will be gives me jitters :pilotfly: :lol:

Just hope that ED can somehow make it like oleg's engine...I mean 50 planes in the sky in combat with minimal fps drops when in a heated battle with ground AAA is nothing short of amazing.

If only ED can put all their rich details with a efficient engine that can give us constant 20 fps in a intense battle on a system with 2 gig ram, dual core pc, 256 MB vid card atleast at a res of 1024 x 768....I will be happy. They can have my money for it already :p :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I can't wait...

Now I will have an good allied force with me... the prop wash :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

can't wait for it guys. It definately is amazing. I am pretty sure Oleg will make it run like butter even on our current PC's :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hope you're right Witchking since I can't even dream of doing any upgrades at the moment.

In a sort of related subject BTW, have you seen the thread at SimHQ about a developer using the existing IL2 engine to make a World War 1 simulator? Haven't got a link handy, but it sounds quite promising.

no jester, I haven't seen anything regarding that. But I do know from another Oleg and simhq interview that was posted today that some games are actually licensing the Il2 engine. Thats pretty kewl and shows how well the engine is optimised.

Btw...on a similar topic of graphics....this left me speechless :

931252_20060512_screen012.jpg

Look at those trees....WOW..

931252_20060512_screen018.jpg

great water + carrier

931252_20060512_screen022.jpg

Anyone interested in a safari tour...I am :p

I don't think it will be a slide show, but atleast the fps will be constant...not as bad as when we shoot cannon rounds in water in lomac.

well...MSFS are not that interesting in my opinion. Its just the same flying over and over....However, the intro of LIFE into the sim opens up some possibilities...I would love to fly in an helicopter and see animals on the ground grazing. Lol! wonder if they have AI.

something like : code= If AC=close then all.animal= look up .....if ani=carnivore then ani = growl. lol!

MSFS is essentially just a 'chassis' for the better addons nowdays. All of which are payware of course. So, it's good that the terrain is so nice I suppose. It can get really expensive though if you see a lot of stuff that you want.

P.S. Here's a link to a video of some of that stuff, including some elephants (briefly) walking around:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/c/1/ac1c12d9-e5ea-4e43-8444-183d27200428/FlightSimX_streamHI_615k.wmv

MSFS tries to sell on graphics but fails on content, IMHO.

I own several MSFS versions.

* let's not mention the helo's ... or should I say, flying saucers *

They've been trying to fix them for 3 releases rofl.

well...lol! I got msfs 2k4 played for 10 min and removed it...lol! I guess its too sterile for me.

BTW....looking at that trailer of the heli saving ppl off the oil rig...it reminds me of good ol' sim copter. :)

• 2 years later...