Problem with weapon tutorial. Need help.

jadebullet

So I recently started flying the Huey again after a two year break, and now I have track IR, so things are going pretty well.

Unfortunately I have run into an annoying issue. I am doing the weapon tutorial and even though I am following things properly, it isn't working. The first thing is that it tells me to press M and the Pilot reticle will come up. It doesn't, it just drops the copilots sight.

The second, and more important thing though is that the flexible sight isn't working. I can get it to drop, I can adjust the brightness and turn off the reticle, but I can't make it adjust. I tried pressing Lalt+c like it wants, but it didn't do anything. Is there some step that I am missing in order actually enter into flexible mode?

Finally, I can't seem to select the door gunners. I press 3, and despite my control binding saying that that should select the door gunner, it just jumps to the pilot seat. There are also no gunners visible in the cockpit.

Anyone know what is going on?

Edit: Further issue. The right side minigun also refuses to fire, even if I isolate it as the only gun to fire.

Edited by jadebullet

First : check your keyboard, is it AZERTY or QWERTY ?

if it's AZERTY, the key M will be the key [?,]

Second : i'm not sur to have well understood what you ask.

try - Rshift+M if qwerty

- Rshift+? if azerty

Third : to have your door gunners in the cockpit, you have to ask for rearming (Lalt + %) and install the M60 or minigun at the gunner places.

Gunners come with the armament so if you didn't install the guns... no gunners :smilewink:

Jade, hit the #2 key to move to the co pilot position, look over at the pilot gun site while its down. You will see a switch behind the site.n that will light the site. I mapped it to switch on my stick from their.

Tokenjo

TokenJo - aka: Jospe

Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97, i7 4770K 3.5G, GTX 980, 240 GB SSD, 16GB Corsiar DDR3, TM Warthog, CH Pedals.

Okay, that solves the gunner issue, but I am still having two annoying issues.

First is that the flexible sight still refuses to move. It comes down and the crosshairs light up, but I can't get it to move at all.

Secondly, only the lefthand weapons work. The right minigun and right missile pod do not fire. I have tried with them selected to both fire, and only the lefthand weapons fire. I tried selecting only the right weapon systems, and nothing fires. The guns don't even spin up.

I can live without the flexible sight, but I feel really hamstrung by half my weapons not being usable.

Okay, that solves the gunner issue, but I am still having two annoying issues.

First is that the flexible sight still refuses to move. It comes down and the crosshairs light up, but I can't get it to move at all.

Secondly, only the lefthand weapons work. The right minigun and right missile pod do not fire. I have tried with them selected to both fire, and only the lefthand weapons fire. I tried selecting only the right weapon systems, and nothing fires. The guns don't even spin up.

I can live without the flexible sight, but I feel really hamstrung by half my weapons not being usable.

I suggest you read my guide, it explains all these issues in detail in the Weapons & Armament section.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143684

The flexible sight will not work if you do not have "Track IR aiming" option ticked in in the "SPECIAL OPTIONS" tab, even if you want to use your mouse to aim and not your trackIR.

Also, only one gun will fire in these situations:

1) the gun selector is set to the left gun only

2) the flexible gunsight is aimed too far left or too far right. There is a mechanical system preventing the gun from firing into your fuselage.