Post your first flightsim

Random

AND I had the color monitor for my Commodore 64!

image.jpg.c879c7ae59948d79c9d96a6336a2270d.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1981, I bought a Atari 400 and a space game called Star Raiders

Then in 1988, an Amiga 500 game called Fighter Duel Pro 2

I also had fighter duel one, but the graphics were really bad.

********************EDIT*********************

Now that I have looked over all of the posts, I think there were three games I

saw that I have not owned. Two of them were for a spectrum computer.

Edited by ctguy1955

Red Baron (the one from 1990), one of my first video games at all, followed by MS Flight Sim 95.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Old ? Don't worry :)

I feel experienced :D

Psion Flight Simulation on Sinclair ZX Spectrum (1982) :joystick:

Psion_Flight_Simulation_on_ZX_Spectrum.pngPsion_Flight_Simulation_cover.jpg

Me too, although I had the zx81 version which was black and white!!

I had to buy a 16K memory expansion to run it (the onboard memory was 1K which was good for about 100 lines of code)

Psion_Flight_Simulation_on_ZX81.png

Edited by whiteladder

MSFS 1.0 Com64:pilotfly::joystick::smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Fighter_Pilot_-_1983_-_Digital_Integration.jpg

Fighter Pilot on a CPC.

That was back in 1983...

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Not even close to being a simulator but mine was Ace of Aces on the Atari 800XL:

It was the Atari ST that got me into sims though (still only games really); mostly F19 Stealth Fighter, F29 Retaliator, Fighter Bomber, Flight of the Intruder and of course Falcon. For 2 player action you couldn't beat Skychase:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Come on old gentlemen !

None mentioned F16 Combat Pilot ! Dynamic compains, logistics casualties of war, and scrabling response of enemie, MFDs, Nav data. ED are you listening ? Amstrad 6128 back in 1989

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

Fighter_Pilot_-_1983_-_Digital_Integration.jpg

Fighter Pilot on a CPC.

That was back in 1983...

This, Fighter pilot on the Spectrum was my first very own followed by Microprose Gunship.

Then on the Amiga I was all over F19 Stealth fighter dodging Fulcrums and Flankers, awesome stuff.

mqdefault.jpg

But my first taste was on my friends BBC micro playing the original Elite, we set up a den between his and his brothers bed with the monitor smuggled in there like our own three man capsule voyaging through space.

Elite_The_Dark_Wheel_Novella.jpg

elite1.gif

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I had The Dam Busters on a floppy for my XT.

Looking at the video now it all seems so easy, but back then this game was hard.

${1}

Later I sunk many hours into LHX and Red Baron.

${1}

Do you remember a game called Sopwith on DOS?

Maintain thy airspeed lest the ground rise up and smite thee!

YiizHx5.gif

Come on old gentlemen !

None mentioned F16 Combat Pilot ! Dynamic compains, logistics casualties of war, and scrabling response of enemie, MFDs, Nav data. ED are you listening ? Amstrad 6128 back in 1989

One of the best games ever made! Durandal attacks on Airfields deep behind enemy lines happy days.:)

The dynamic campaign was way ahead of its time, one of the first games where you could assign wingmen separate tasks with TOT. Persistent damage between missions. You could set the game up with 2 joystick, one for the control column and the other for the throttle, again way ahead of anything else at the time.

Also one of the first flight sims with polygon graphic, when most still had vector.

Digital Integrations finest hour.

Do you remember a game called Sopwith on DOS?

You mean this one? I think I still have it somewhere. Need to try it out and see if still works with Win7.

I think my first was ACE II for C64. Of course the best part being the music by Rob Hubbard :) .

Also remember playing Solo Flight with my dad.

Then later came the PC stuff like Falcon AT, Red Baron, Falcon 3.0, etc and eventually Su-27 Flanker as the first ED title I played.

One of the best games ever made! Durandal attacks on Airfields deep behind enemy lines happy days.:)

The dynamic campaign was way ahead of its time, one of the first games where you could assign wingmen separate tasks with TOT. Persistent damage between missions. You could set the game up with 2 joystick, one for the control column and the other for the throttle, again way ahead of anything else at the time.

Also one of the first flight sims with polygon graphic, when most still had vector.

Digital Integrations finest hour.

Yes your memory details are remarkable. Are you an elephant ? I do used a flight stick and a pacman coin-op controller as a throttle with a sungsam made wooden handle attached on it . :D

Edited by sungsam

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

Sydost - Thanks for reminding me about the hours I spent with Solo flight for commodore 64 - wow this game simply slip from my memory

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular