SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Error messages

Hi Andre/Olaf,

I´m still having some problems with simshaker, some effects (landing gear for instance in L-39 and some other planes) just don´t work.

Once in a while I get a bunch of successive error messages. That also happened just now and I took some screenshots of the messages, see attachements.

A5M6KVM3YusHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCHappens with both the beta shimshaker and normal simshaker. Maybe I should mention that I have the old stable DCS, beta 1.5 and 2.0 installed. I once moved the 2.0 version by copy-paste to another SSD. Hope you can help me with this one. Thanks.

Geert

2070565851_simshakererrormessage1.jpg.56a44836fb3955213a7e28099ba55ed9.jpg

1860098760_simshakererrormessage2.jpg.366f40df6eb68430326349ab67f7add2.jpg

1896614560_simshakererrormessage3.jpg.b882cf3a1b10129b79741a46b2647b57.jpg

991475582_simshakererrormessage4.jpg.fe490cc7a04a84519253bda33d97c18a.jpg

546818222_simshakererrormessage5.jpg.b156c8b247a982749edad66bdcdc8d63.jpg

Hi Andre/Olaf,

I´m still having some problems with simshaker, some effects (landing gear for instance in L-39 and some other planes) just don´t work.

Once in a while I get a bunch of successive error messages. That also happened just now and I took some screenshots of the messages, see attachements.

Happens with both the beta shimshaker and normal simshaker. Maybe I should mention that I have the old stable DCS, beta 1.5 and 2.0 installed. I once moved the 2.0 version by copy-paste to another SSD. Hope you can help me with this one. Thanks.

Geert

Hi Geert,

please check that only one SimShaker instance is running in the taskbar (lower right side). Coping DCS installations will confuse SimShaker. To correct the behavior, same manual steps with the registry editor are necessary. Basically adjusting/correcting the DCS installation paths in the registry...

4 shakers support?

hi i just bought your sound module, and sent the email for my key. I have 4 transducers at four corners of my rig. Is there anyway to get all four working? your software only uses the front two. IF not, how can i force it to use the back two transducers instead of the front two?

Hi helios123,

to be honest, I don't know the way, since I don't have 4 transducers.

I do not plan to support more than 2 channels in sound module.

May be you could try to feed up other two channels with the same signals using a mixer?

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr...ter/banana.htm

If you have any success with 4 transducers, please, share with us.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi helios123,

to be honest, I don't know the way, since I don't have 4 transducers.

I do not plan to support more than 2 channels in sound module.

May be you could try to feed up other two channels with the same signals using a mixer?

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr...ter/banana.htm

If you have any success with 4 transducers, please, share with us.

I tried to use the mixer program and put on stereo mix, but it still not work for all four. NOt sure why.

I tried to use the mixer program and put on stereo mix, but it still not work for all four. NOt sure why.

You are aware that you need a separate amplifier for the transducers?

In general I would recommend to use a bigger stereo amp with 2 pairs of stereospeaker outs. (Speakers A and speakers B).

Now you can connect both front L/R transducers to Speaker output A and the rear L/R pair to speaker output B.

Connect the PCs second soundcard stereo signal to the Amp and activate both A and B outputs.

Alternative: http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Speaker-Selector-Switcher-Combiner/dp/B00CZNXKRA

CHECK the IMPEDANCE requirements of your AMP when connecting multiple speakers/transducers! Usual impedance is 4Ohm for stereo, using 4 speakers/transducers in parallel often requires 8Ohm speakers/transducers!

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

hi i just bought your sound module, and sent the email for my key. I have 4 transducers at four corners of my rig. Is there anyway to get all four working? your software only uses the front two. IF not, how can i force it to use the back two transducers instead of the front two?

Easiest solution to just use the rear pair is to connect them to the cables/outputs currently in use for the front pair? :smartass:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Easiest solution to just use the rear pair is to connect them to the cables/outputs currently in use for the front pair? :smartass:

in regards to your earlier post, i have two 2 channel amps running two transducers each, this is coming from simvibe for racing. your right i could just swap the cables, but was hoping to avoid that.

in regards to your earlier post, i have two 2 channel amps running two transducers each, this is coming from simvibe for racing. your right i could just swap the cables, but was hoping to avoid that.

Two amps? Then it should be possible to use a cinch Y-Cable (very rare unless you solder it yourself) or a Y-splitter box...

Hmmm, if you use 3,5mm plugs for the soundcard there should be cheap dual Headphone splitters to put two "headphones" to your smartphone to listen to music... should work for yoir setup.

The question is it practical to split before the two amps?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/headphone-splitter

Edited by shagrat
Added link

Shagrat

Hi Geert,

please check that only one SimShaker instance is running in the taskbar (lower right side). Coping DCS installations will confuse SimShaker. To correct the behavior, same manual steps with the registry editor are necessary. Basically adjusting/correcting the DCS installation paths in the registry...

Thanks. I don´t really know what I was doing in the registry, but I found some entries (2 or 3) somewhere which refered to an installation that I had deleted, so I deleted those entries. Those same entries (dcs.exe and updater) for the new path were I had copy-pasted that installation were already there.

Should that suffice? Will do some testing later.

Two amps? Then it should be possible to use a cinch Y-Cable (very rare unless you solder it yourself) or a Y-splitter box...

Hmmm, if you use 3,5mm plugs for the soundcard there should be cheap dual Headphone splitters to put two "headphones" to your smartphone to listen to music... should work for yoir setup.

The question is it practical to split before the two amps?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/headphone-splitter

Thanks i'll use the 3.5mm y splitter. should work. we'll see in a days.

Hi guys...wondering if anyone can help.

My simshaker works fine in DCS stable release but just noticed I am getting nothing in the alpha and the beta. I see the entries in the export LUAs for both. And also the core module folder in the saved games....any thoughts?

Regards, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Hi guys, used this with the Hawk for the first time last night. However I seem to have an issue, that I get no effects while on the ground. No engine or taxing vibration whatsoever. When I'm flying, the I can feel all G effects and wing shudder, Stalls with no issues whatsoever.

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue or any idea what setting I need to change to solve this.

All other aircraft that I've tried, Huey, Gazelle, Mirage seem to work fine.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi guys, used this with the Hawk for the first time last night. However I seem to have an issue, that I get no effects while on the ground. No engine or taxing vibration whatsoever. When I'm flying, the I can feel all G effects and wing shudder, Stalls with no issues whatsoever.

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue or any idea what setting I need to change to solve this.

All other aircraft that I've tried, Huey, Gazelle, Mirage seem to work fine.

Cowboy10uk

Hawk is not implemented, reason: I don't own it...

Hi guys...wondering if anyone can help.

My simshaker works fine in DCS stable release but just noticed I am getting nothing in the alpha and the beta. I see the entries in the export LUAs for both. And also the core module folder in the saved games....any thoughts?

Regards, Jason

Did you move your alpha/beta installations after the installation to a new location(e.g. new SSD)?

Hawk is not implemented, reason: I don't own it...

Lol, well that would explain it then. ;) surprised that the G feedback etc works with it really well. :)

Cheers mate.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Nope haven't moved anything. Installed SimShaker after having all three versions of DCS on the same hard drive already. To be honest I can't remember if I've tried SimShaker on the alpha and beta yet

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

• 2 weeks later...

hey andre

Also, i plan to use jetseat and buttkicker for Assetto Corsa and Warthunder.. how can i control the output to both jetseat and buttkicker in these games?... is there some kind of option like in DCS World simshaker console?

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 2 weeks later...