SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Andrey, I need your help again

I installed new system with new OS (Windows 10 64bit) and I can't get test sound to run on ButtKicker

- I installed all drivers (3 sound cards, all 3 working when tested in Windows, including the one to which my ButtKicker is connected to)

- I installed SimShaker from your website

- I selected correct sound device in Sound Module

- I selected Sound (Buttkicker and similar devices) option in SimShaker service tab

I am sure I got everything correctly setup, yet when I press PLAY for test sound, nothing happens.

I need to add that I have tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 as I know this is requirement, but when I try to run it, setup says I already have this (or newer version) as part of the Windows 10 OS and that I don't need it. I wonder if this is somehow causing it not to work? If it is, what can I do to fix this?

screenshot.thumb.png.80cffd8321df1719bb0327836d1a38de.png

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I installed new system with new OS (Windows 10 64bit) and I can't get test sound to run on ButtKicker

- I installed all drivers (3 sound cards, all 3 working when tested in Windows, including the one to which my ButtKicker is connected to)

- I selected Sound (Buttkicker and similar devices) option in SimShaker service tab

I am sure I got everything correctly setup, yet when I press PLAY for test sound, nothing happens.

I need to add that I have tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 as I know this is requirement, but when I try to run it, setup says I already have this (or newer version) as part of the Windows 10 OS and that I don't need it. I wonder if this is somehow causing it not to work? If it is, what can I do to fix this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=143215&d=1467199400

Kuky, on your screenshot, the Buttkicker is marked as a communications device, not sound.

Could that be the culprit?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

hm... didn't notice that, I'll check sound device setting once more, maybe there's something that needs changing. Thanks.

EDIT: nope, makes no difference if I change this to another sound card. I have tried setting this sound device as stereo and 5.1, in both cases I get nothing in Buttkicker when I play the test sound.

Edited by Kuky

Hi Edin,

looks like you did all right.

You don't need to install .NET Framework 4.5 at Win 10.

What about green bars indicator right to your Buttkicker device when you press 'Test sound play' button on the Sound Module?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Edin,

looks like you did all right.

You don't need to install .NET Framework 4.5 at Win 10.

What about green bars indicator right to your Buttkicker device when you press 'Test sound play' button on the Sound Module?

Alright, so its not .NET Framework. The green bars move so there is definitely sound being transmitted from the sound card.

Its driving me nuts, I don't understand what could be wrong.

Alright, so its not .NET Framework. The green bars move so there is definitely sound being transmitted from the sound card.

Its driving me nuts, I don't understand what could be wrong.

I suppose it tells us that Sound Module does it job.

Let's check that volume is at 100% in Buttkicker comm. device Properties ->Levels.

What if you press Test button at Properties->Advanced tab?

Let's check cables from the PC to BK Amp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's check that volume is at 100% in Buttkicker comm. device Properties ->Levels.

Yes it is, sound is at 100% for both main output as well as Subwoofer volume

What if you press Test button at Properties->Advanced tab?

Sound comes through to ButtKicker as normal (I get the shake when bass speaker is being tested). The green lights on sound device playback is also moving green

Let's check cables from the PC to BK Amp.

Cables are definitely fine also, otherwise I would not be getting sound when I go to Advanced tab of the sound device and click on Test button. It all works fine, but for some reason playing test sound in SimShaker audio module doesn't. :noexpression: I need to go to sleep now... hopefully better luck tomorrow.

Yes it is, sound is at 100% for both main output as well as Subwoofer volume

Sound comes through to ButtKicker as normal (I get the shake when bass speaker is being tested). The green lights on sound device playback is also moving green

Cables are definitely fine also, otherwise I would not be getting sound when I go to Advanced tab of the sound device and click on Test button. It all works fine, but for some reason playing test sound in SimShaker audio module doesn't. :noexpression: I need to go to sleep now... hopefully better luck tomorrow.

Please check that you have the same settings stereo-stereo or 5.1-5.1, etc. in Windows Sound settings ->Configure and Realtek Audio Manager.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Works fine at my end with this file. Seems the reason isn't here.

May be I should connect over TeamViewer to your PC?

Just to say big thanks to Andrey for great & fast support!

My SimShaker works again!!! :cheer3nc:

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

They are the same. I'll try tomorrow reinstalling the sound card driver. Not sure what else is left to try. :(

I suggest you could try different outputs of the sound card, especially if it has more than 2 channels configured.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Last night I finally got ButtKicker to work, it was some settings I missed, but I can't think which one now as I have been playing around with different things at the same time (as I have few more issues to iron out with my new system).

I think the issue was that volume for certain speakers (among them for C/Sub) was set to zero for some reason, when I was playing around with un-installing/installing the sound card driver I noticed that it was always putting this volume to zero. So anyway, it's working now, that's the most important thing. :)

• Like 1

Last night I finally got ButtKicker to work, it was some settings I missed, but I can't think which one now as I have been playing around with different things at the same time (as I have few more issues to iron out with my new system).

I think the issue was that volume for certain speakers (among them for C/Sub) was set to zero for some reason, when I was playing around with un-installing/installing the sound card driver I noticed that it was always putting this volume to zero. So anyway, it's working now, that's the most important thing. :)

Great news :)

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre,

I'm getting an audible coarse reverberating sound with the in-game vibrations. I'm running default sounds thru external sound blaster and SimShaker thru onboard Realtek. Occurs with test mode also.

Doesn't happen when using buttkicker without SS.

Any thoughts.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

SimShaker is definitely worth it.

Absolutely. Especially for helicopters it is a definite game changer...

In the Gazelle the ability to "feel" near VerticalRingState and changes to translational lift is incredible. You feel critical conditions way before cockpit shake gets noticeably different.

For me Force Feed"butt" is worth every penny.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello,

Do you have more tips or a guide on tweaking the sound files? For example, besides changing pitch, what else is relevant to change in audacity?

Also it would be nice if you can directly control the pitch in Hz using your program. If you're familiar, you can do this directly in simvibe/simcommander which is alot easier.

Hi Andre,

I'm getting an audible coarse reverberating sound with the in-game vibrations. I'm running default sounds thru external sound blaster and SimShaker thru onboard Realtek. Occurs with test mode also.

Doesn't happen when using buttkicker without SS.

Any thoughts.

Hi John,

mmm... I can't get what kind of reverberating sound you've got... Do you here it via external sound blaster? Or may be you here it from the BK hammer?

Test mode... Do you mean Test sound play button?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi John,

mmm... I can't get what kind of reverberating sound you've got... Do you here it via external sound blaster? Or may be you here it from the BK hammer?

Test mode... Do you mean Test sound play button?

Thanx Andre for your usual rapid response.

The rapid staccato sound seems to come from the BK unit.

As I said, doesn't happen when using BK to direct sound output (no SS).

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

SimShaker uses very low frequensy samples to activate BK. I suppose it more rich in bass than game sound.

Could you please record that rapid staccato sound for me to hear it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess you hear this sound when flying a helo or a prop plane, right?

SimShaker uses very low frequensy samples to activate BK. I suppose it more rich in bass than game sound.

Could you please record that rapid staccato sound for me to hear it?

Update; I have since been able to reproduce the "sound" without SS running. It appears to be my BK setup.

BK (LFE) is bolted to my seat. The seat is bolted to a metal box. It appears that the box is an effective tympanic echo chamber. Looks like ill be remodeling the pit cuz I don't want to give up SS.

BTW; another donation on the way. I see an important role for this work in the future of DCS.

Thanks.

JUST CHOPPERS