SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Thanks for your support, John!

Do you use both BK and JetSeat with SimShaker?

Currently using just the BK.

I plan on packing the metal seat base with Styrofoam insulation and injecting the hollow plastic bucket seat with polyurethane foam. I bet that solves my prob.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Fellas it seems the sim shaker software is not passing the new integrity checks, anything we can do? It specifically conflicts with the kneeboarding lua in scripts folder in main install location.

• Like 1

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Fellas it seems the sim shaker software is not passing the new integrity checks, anything we can do? It specifically conflicts with the kneeboarding lua in scripts folder in main install location.

Oh man, this was driving me NUTS... guess I will have to disable/uninstall it until we get a fix.

• Like 1

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Yes, there is a conflict between dcs-core-export that SimShaker uses to get extra data from the sim and the new integrity checks system.

Once it shown up in the horizon in April 2016 we asked ED team to resolve the conflict by enhancing export.lua possibilities. But we still don't have an answer when it's going to be done and if it will be done at all.

Looks like the only option we have now is to make using dcs-core-export possibilities optional. In this case DCS client will be able to pass the new integrity checks but many effects will stop working. That's a hard choice for us, but we are ready to implement it in short time.

If anybody has other ideas, please, share.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh man, this was driving me NUTS... guess I will have to disable/uninstall it until we get a fix.

I suppose not to launch 'SimShaker for DCS' and 'Repair DCS World' once should be enough to pass the check.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suppose not to launch 'SimShaker for DCS' and 'Repair DCS World' once should be enough to pass the check.

Yep, that's what I did.. I am now able to join servers and hop in aircraft just fine.

Maybe if enough of us make a fuss about this ED will be more inclined to work with you, I mean this impacts every jetseat user in DCS, that had to be a fair amount of people.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Yes, there is a conflict between dcs-core-export that SimShaker uses to get extra data from the sim and the new integrity checks system.

Once it shown up in the horizon in April 2016 we asked ED team to resolve the conflict by enhancing export.lua possibilities. But we still don't have an answer when it's going to be done and if it will be done at all.

Looks like the only option we have now is to make using dcs-core-export possibilities optional. In this case DCS client will be able to pass the new integrity checks but many effects will stop working. That's a hard choice for us, but we are ready to implement it in short time.

I am sad to hear this.

I hope you and ED can get it resolved.

I guess the short-time solution is to make dcs-core-export possibilities optional, as you said.

Which effects will be affected by that?

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

• ED Team

Some of the testers have added their voice to our internal bug report on the issue, hopefully we will see a work around or other solution in the future.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Some of the testers have added their voice to our internal bug report on the issue, hopefully we will see a work around or other solution in the future.

Sweet, hopefully that gives ED a bit of a nudge. :megalol:

Yes, hope it gets solved.

Ran into it already, and had to disable SimShaker and run repair before I could enter a protected server. :(

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Afteburner effects, ground touchdown effect and most part of the effects added by Olaf recently.

Ouch. :(

Especially the touchdown effects would be hard to be without, but also the other ones. :(

System specs:

Andre, can you tell me which DCS files exactly get modified by SimShaker, so it does not pass the integrity check?

As an intermediate measure, I was thinking of making a JSGME mod to switch these files on and off depending if I wanted to go online.

System specs:

Andre, can you tell me which DCS files exactly get modified by SimShaker, so it does not pass the integrity check?

As an intermediate measure, I was thinking of making a JSGME mod to switch these files on and off depending if I wanted to go online.

SimShaker modifies 2 "protected" files

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\COCKPIT\KNEEBOARD\declare_kneeboard_device.lua

and

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Cockpit\device_init.lua

adding

creators[705] = {"avLuaDevice", lfs.writedir() .. "Scripts\\SimShaker-export-core\\ExportDevice.lua"} 

string into them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SimShaker modifies 2 "protected" files

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\COCKPIT\KNEEBOARD\declare_kneeboard_device.lua

and

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Cockpit\device_init.lua

adding

creators[705] = {"avLuaDevice", lfs.writedir() .. "Scripts\\SimShaker-export-core\\ExportDevice.lua"} 

string into them.

Thank you very much Andre. :)

I made a small JSGME mod called "SimShaker disable". that replaces these two files with the original "clean" ones.

I attach it here.

To deactivate SimShaker, in order to play online on a protected server:

1. Exit DCS
  2. Exit SimShaker
  3. Enable "SimShaker disable" mod in JSGME
  4. Start DCS again

To activate SimShaker again:

1. Exit DCS
  2. Disable "SimShaker disable" mod in JSGME.
  3. Start SimShaker
  4. Start DCS again

I hope this is helpful, until we get a better fix.

At least it's faster than running "Repair" every time.

SimShaker disable.zip

System specs:

I'm interested in purchasing this software - will it be discounted now that its no longer usable online?

Also, if I forget to disable it - is there any chance I could be banned?

Thanks for your help.

I'm interested in purchasing this software - will it be discounted now that its no longer usable online?

Thanks for your help.

You won't get banned, you will just get booted from the server until you can get a clean IC again. Since so many people ran legit mods that are flagging the system I doubt any server admin would full on ban you for failing an IC.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Thanks for your help.

I am sure it will be continued in some form so that it gets compatible with the integrity check.

As I understand it, ED just want server admins to be able to address "cheats" with sensor sharing or extensions, so that all players can have a level field when playing online.

Since SimShaker is only about reproducing internal vibration effects, I'm sure a way can be found to allow this.

About being banned, as StandingCow wrote, you only get kicked, and can then in your multiplayer UI see which mods are incompatible with the server check, so you can disable them and connect again.

System specs:

Thanks for your help.

Uh it does work online find better servers with better missions without integrity check or join a group that doesn't bother with that stuff because their servers are password accessed. This software is more important than the spamraam servers in my opinion it's so good I refuse to fly without it.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Thanks for your help.

Hi Deathticket1974,

if you can't afford it, just ask me for a voucher in my e-shop. I'm not greedy.

No need to depreciate the software.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Deathticket1974,

if you can't afford it, just ask me for a voucher in my e-shop. I'm not greedy.

No need to depreciate the software.

Wasn't trying to do that. Apologies if it came off that way...I've only ever played offline. I have no idea how any of it works and was only asking genuine questions that I had.

Wasn't trying to do that. Apologies if it came off that way...I've only ever played offline. I have no idea how any of it works and was only asking genuine questions that I had.

No problems mate.

I've sent you the voucher discount code.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]