SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

25 minutes ago, funkster said:

Thanks Andre. 

So SSA is the same as the Sound Module and adds to export.lua? The sound module is an expansion of SSA? 

The SimShaker Sound Module by me is an addon to the SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Dear Andre,

I have installed the simshaker sound module demo to use with my BK, mainly for DCS. I bought a dedicated usb sound card. When I test the operation within the simshaker soundmodule test, everything works perfectly. However, when I try it inside DCS, I do not register any vibration. Did you have any advice? I attached some pictures.

Thank you in advance,

imagen.png

I used this dedicated usb sound card

imagen.png

24 minutes ago, eric.gh22 said:

Dear Andre,

I have installed the simshaker sound module demo to use with my BK, mainly for DCS. I bought a dedicated usb sound card. When I test the operation within the simshaker soundmodule test, everything works perfectly. However, when I try it inside DCS, I do not register any vibration. Did you have any advice? I attached some pictures.

Thank you in advance,

Hello Eric,

SimShaker Sound Module is  an addon to SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 software, but not to DCS itself. Do you have SimShaker for Aviators installed and running?

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Hello Eric,

SimShaker Sound Module is  an addon to SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 software, but not to DCS itself. Do you have SimShaker for Aviators installed and running?

Thank you very much Andre! now is working perfectrly fine. I know it is just stall and bumps, but the inmersion is already incredible! I will look to purchase the full version.

Kind regards,

Eric

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2021 at 1:15 PM, funkster said:

Thanks Andre. 

So SSA is the same as the Sound Module and adds to export.lua? The sound module is an expansion of SSA? 

SSA reads DCS telemetry and outputs to JetSeat and similar USB devices. The sound module takes that same telemetry and instead outputs to regular audio output devices.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, agrasyuk said:

Andre, quick question.
what event would trigger deactivation of your sound module expansion? no changes to PC aside of windows update. had to reactivate today for some reason.

May I see a good quality screenshot?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am using two Dayton Audio pucks as bass shakers. SimShaker Wings works really well in IL-2 and provides strong vibrations.  

However, when I play the aviator sound module effect test clips the vibrations are so weak as to be nearly undetectable. The amplifier and sound card settings are unchanged. Even with the boost settings at 4x the vibrations seem much weaker. Any idea what might be wrong?  

On 6/13/2021 at 4:59 PM, scottike said:

I am using two Dayton Audio pucks as bass shakers. SimShaker Wings works really well in IL-2 and provides strong vibrations.  

However, when I play the aviator sound module effect test clips the vibrations are so weak as to be nearly undetectable. The amplifier and sound card settings are unchanged. Even with the boost settings at 4x the vibrations seem much weaker. Any idea what might be wrong?  

Windows 10 features an individual volume control for every sound generating application.

Please check that you have got it at 100% for the SimShaker Sound Module while having it running.

I attached a screenshot with the SimShaker Wings, just for example.

Screenshot 2021-05-03 113941.png

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Andre, I checked and the sound module slider is at maximum, similar to your Wings screenshot.  As I'm sure you know, there is also a green bar that displays the current level of sound generated on that channel.  The Sound Module will generate a sound level 50% up the scale at default settings. My Wings module pegs the level at or above 100%.  By setting a 4x boost on the sound module it will do something similar. Perhaps my problems is the Wings module gain is too high?  I don’t remember doing anything to boost its output. Seems odd they are so different “out of the box”. 

30 minutes ago, scottike said:

Thanks Andre, I checked and the sound module slider is at maximum, similar to your Wings screenshot.  As I'm sure you know, there is also a green bar that displays the current level of sound generated on that channel.  The Sound Module will generate a sound level 50% up the scale at default settings. My Wings module pegs the level at or above 100%.  By setting a 4x boost on the sound module it will do something similar. Perhaps my problems is the Wings module gain is too high?  I don’t remember doing anything to boost its output. Seems odd they are so different “out of the box”. 

Yes, such a big difference sounds strange.

I guess, you could try to make them even by those Windows Mixer sliders?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 minutes ago, JIGGAwest said:

@=Andre=

Is there anything we can do with the new module Mi24 (Hind) to make the sound module work? Or will we have to wait for an update?

Yes, you have to wait for the update of the SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0. There is a discussion in that thread [Official] SimShaker for Aviators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I have downloaded SimShaker Sound Module installer but it won't install. I get about one second of the spinning blue ring next to the mouse cursor and then, nothing.

Windows 10, Jet seat, and SSA already installed and working.

Any ideas? Thanks!

UPDATE:

Got it working, had to right click it and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility" for it to install.

Edited by jocko417

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm using the 5.1 channel sound card from my motherboard and only using the rear right channel for the 1 shaker I have.  Is there a way I can select this with SSA?  As I can select the soundcard, but not a specific channel.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm using a SB X7 as my main sound device and my motherboards built-in sound for the buttkicker. I also am using Voicemeeter, but when I play the game, I hear the telemetry clicks on my main sound. Is there a way to let dcs just get the telemetry alone and still have my game audio?

27 minutes ago, L0ngbow said:

Hello, I'm using a SB X7 as my main sound device and my motherboards built-in sound for the buttkicker. I also am using Voicemeeter, but when I play the game, I hear the telemetry clicks on my main sound. Is there a way to let dcs just get the telemetry alone and still have my game audio?

This is what I do in Voicemeeter:

Set A1 Hardware out to your SBX7

Set A2 to Mobo sound for Buttkicker

In DCS, Set output to Voicemeeter VAIO3

In SimShaker, Set output to Voicemeeter AUX

In "Virtual Inputs", direct VAIO3 to A1 and AUX to A2

Edited by InfinityWingman

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

• 1 month later...

Hi @=Andre= im wondering if you can help me out a bit here, I've been running SSM with no hassles for about a year now however ive just had a massive issue with my computer and have had to basically start again. do i have to buy a new key for SSM or is there a way to get my current key re activated?

sorry disregard the message above, it just started working again lol, however, while your here, i will be doing a long awaited pc build in the next 6 months or so, and i was wondering the same question, will i have to buy a new key or will i be able to transfer my current one over?

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

13 hours ago, PSYKOnz said:

Hi @=Andre= im wondering if you can help me out a bit here, I've been running SSM with no hassles for about a year now however ive just had a massive issue with my computer and have had to basically start again. do i have to buy a new key for SSM or is there a way to get my current key re activated?

sorry disregard the message above, it just started working again lol, however, while your here, i will be doing a long awaited pc build in the next 6 months or so, and i was wondering the same question, will i have to buy a new key or will i be able to transfer my current one over?

Hi,

I will issue a new key for you to let you transfer it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@=Andre= Should i use the stable or the beta version? i have the stable installed, if i move to beta i have to setup everything from scratch?

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I 've recently started using simshaker module with a bass shaker, it's such a blast and very well done. I feel though that in mi-8 and uh-1h I do not feel the transitional lift.

Especially in mi-8 when you are close to 50km/h the cockpit starts shaking but there is no change in the vibrations. Am I missing something or how can I verify?