SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

On 11/22/2021 at 1:09 AM, tomeye said:

I 've recently started using simshaker module with a bass shaker, it's such a blast and very well done. I feel though that in mi-8 and uh-1h I do not feel the transitional lift.

Especially in mi-8 when you are close to 50km/h the cockpit starts shaking but there is no change in the vibrations. Am I missing something or how can I verify?

I'm not sure that's implemented in the SimShaker for Aviators. Without it the SimShaker Sound Module can do nothing about it.

• Thanks 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi there Andre,
I want add two shakers to my rig, one at the seat base, and another attached to the seat backrest. On the guide you mention this:

2 (stereo) - suitable if you operate 2 bass-shakers. I assume that bass-shakers are placed left and right of the player. Out of the box SimShaker is configured for such placement. But that may be customized by the player.

Could you please elaborate how I modify that left-right setting?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

7 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

hi there Andre,
I want add two shakers to my rig, one at the seat base, and another attached to the seat backrest. On the guide you mention this:

Could you please elaborate how I modify that left-right setting?

Hi,

what exactly you'd like me to do?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hi,

what exactly you'd like me to do?

Pointing out how to set the 2 shakers left-right stereo system to a front-back system

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

2 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Pointing out how to set the 2 shakers left-right stereo system to a front-back system

Well, I think we could walk through some examples so you could get a main idea behind it. The customization details depend on your rig configuration. Is your front-back system still going to be stereo, i.e. consisting of 2 separate channels?

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, =Andre= said:

Well, I think we could walk through some examples so you could get a main idea behind it. The customization details depend on your rig configuration. Is your front-back system still going to be stereo, i.e. consisting of 2 separate channels?

yes i will be using stereo option from soundmodule.
I wanted to put left and rigth but had to gave up the idea because of the frame of the seat being two small to place the two shakers together.
so it´s seat(butt area) and backrest.

53 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

I wanted to put left and rigth but had to gave up the idea because of the frame of the seat being two small to place the two shakers together.

I see, thank you.

Let's take for example the missile launch effect. It may engage 3 samples:

• hp_11_0_L.wav - left
  • hp_11_0_M.wav - middle (both)
  • hp_11_0_R.wav - right

The samples contain 3 sets of waveforms as on the screenshot attached.

hp_11_0_L.wav sample activates only bass-shaker connected to the left channel, 

hp_11_0_R.wav sample activates only bass-shaker connected to the right channel,

hp_11_0_M.wav sample activates both bass-shakers.

In your case it's going to be felt unnatural. So, you will want to modify the samples, which is not hard. Basic information you can get in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound 

Important: at this point we have to clearly understand how do you want it to be felt.

If you want it to to be felt in the butt area only, you should keep the waveforms only in the channel connected to that bass-shaker. Let's say it's connected to the left channel. In such a case make all 3 samples as hp_11_0_L.wav.

If you want it to be felt in the backrest area only, make all 3 samples as hp_11_0_R.wav. Assuming that the backrest area bass-shaker is connected to the right channel.

If you want it to be felt in the both areas, make all 3 samples as hp_11_0_M.wav

For simplicity sake, you can make 2 copies of the reference sample and give them the others names.

Is this clear to this point?

Screenshot 2021-12-31 193001.png

Edited by =Andre=
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

20 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

I see, thank you.

Let's take for example the missile launch effect. It may engage 3 samples:

• hp_11_0_L.wav - left
  • hp_11_0_M.wav - middle (both)
  • hp_11_0_R.wav - right

The samples contain 3 sets of waveforms as on the screenshot attached.

hp_11_0_L.wav sample activates only bass-shaker connected to the left channel, 

hp_11_0_R.wav sample activates only bass-shaker connected to the right channel,

hp_11_0_M.wav sample activates both bass-shakers.

In your case it's going to be felt unnatural. So, you will want to modify the samples, which is not hard. Basic information you can get in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound 

Important: at this point we have to clearly understand how do you want it to be felt.

If you want it to to be felt in the butt area only, you should keep the waveforms only in the channel connected to that bass-shaker. Let's say it's connected to the left channel. In such a case make all 3 samples as hp_11_0_L.wav.

If you want it to be felt in the backrest area only, make all 3 samples as hp_11_0_R.wav. Assuming that the backrest area bass-shaker is connected to the right channel.

If you want it to be felt in the both areas, make all 3 samples as hp_11_0_M.wav

For simplicity sake, you can make 2 copies of the reference sample and give them the others names.

Is this clear to this point?

Screenshot 2021-12-31 193001.png

Awesome, that´s what Im going to work at these days till coming back to my job.
thanks!!
have a great 2022!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Awesome, that´s what Im going to work at these days till coming back to my job.
thanks!!
have a great 2022!!

Good luck with that. I will stay here in touch if you need some more help.

Have a great 2022 too!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

@=Andre=  Hello, I have requested a new key, I have always done it to this box but the shipment has been rejected "andre@andres.shop", with which email are you communicating? Another thing as I am to continuously install the operating systems would be another way to obtain the keys without bothering it and from my side waiting for the answer. There is something like microsoft account, but in my app that option cannot be selected.

1 hour ago, pastranario3 said:

@=Andre=  Hello, I have requested a new key, I have always done it to this box but the shipment has been rejected "andre@andres.shop", with which email are you communicating? Another thing as I am to continuously install the operating systems would be another way to obtain the keys without bothering it and from my side waiting for the answer. There is something like microsoft account, but in my app that option cannot be selected.

andre@andres.shop is not valid address anymore, please use andres-shop@simshaker.com instead.

The key may be tied to your Microsoft cloud type account email address, if you've got one. In such a case you will be able to reuse the key after formatting, PC change, etc. Until the address stays the same. If that option is not available in the SimShaker Sound Module, you probably simply don't have such an account.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hi Andre,

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I have not been able to find it.  For DCS, will the simshaker app provide a separate sound for left and right events in DCS?  For example, can I get a shaking in my left side for a left engine out, etc? 

Thanks for your time!

10 hours ago, crazyave said:

Hi Andre,

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I have not been able to find it.  For DCS, will the simshaker app provide a separate sound for left and right events in DCS?  For example, can I get a shaking in my left side for a left engine out, etc? 

Thanks for your time!

Hi crazyave,

Yes, that's correct. It will.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/31/2021 at 3:56 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

I may have a similar problem space-wise. Did you end up modifying all the sound files, or did you just use two shakers in mono?

Edited by Hoirtel

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Toumal said:

both the stable and the beta download links don't work, onedrive only shows an error. Would be great if the downloads could be hosted properly instead of using a third party cloud service.

Sounds strange. I can see the link is working. 

Screenshot 2022-04-02 111720.png

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre 
I have installed a second SSD in my PC and installed Windows 10 and DCS there (for experimenting). 
On the other SSD, on which I have also installed Simshaker sound modules, I want to continue playing DCS.
Do I have to buy a new licence for the new installation, or can I use both side by side?
Many thanks

2 minutes ago, A.F. said:

Hi Andre 
I have installed a second SSD in my PC and installed Windows 10 and DCS there (for experimenting). 
On the other SSD, on which I have also installed Simshaker sound modules, I want to continue playing DCS.
Do I have to buy a new licence for the new installation, or can I use both side by side?
Many thanks

Hi A.F.,

if you want to use 2 modules, it would be fair to buy 2 licenses.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Hi A.F.,

if you want to use 2 modules, it would be fair to buy 2 licenses.

Just to be clear I believe A.F. wishes to use the sound module on both partitions of a dual boot PC. I.e. only on one PC. Is the license bound by PC or by OS? He can only use the module once, I think side by side maybe slightly misleading.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Baldrick33:

Just to be clear I believe A.F. wishes to use the sound module on both partitions of a dual boot PC. I.e. only on one PC. Is the license bound by PC or by OS? He can only use the module once, I think side by side maybe slightly misleading.

That was my question

1 hour ago, Baldrick33 said:

I do not seek to control such subtleties. Here, users often have the opportunity to do as they please. Basically, I mean if user gains an advantage by using 2 modules (no matter at the same time or not), I would not want my interests to be completely missed in this case. We could bargain a discount if the advantage is not too much big.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

I do not seek to control such subtleties. Here, users often have the opportunity to do as they please. Basically, I mean if user gains an advantage by using 2 modules (no matter at the same time or not), I would not want my interests to be completely missed in this case. We could bargain a discount if the advantage is not too much big.

I would absolutely not wish your interests to be missed and I fully support and endorse your endeavours.

In this case it feels a bit like having DCS installed on two OS partitions on a single PC. It can only be used once and is simply duplicated so as to be able to test on different OS installations.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

6 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

I would absolutely not wish your interests to be missed and I fully support and endorse your endeavours.

In this case it feels a bit like having DCS installed on two OS partitions on a single PC. It can only be used once and is simply duplicated so as to be able to test on different OS installations.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Being under the sanctions heavy strike, I've got a lot of new other tasks to solve.  Please decide that for yourself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]