SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

5 minutes ago, A.F. said:

I would buy a second licence.
I had only tried to register the app with my licence code after installing Simshaker Sound Module on the new SSD. That did not work.

That depends on the activation option used. The license key may be tied to a network interface params or to a cloud MS account address. The latter would let you re-use the key. The first - would not.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys,

I am using the Beta version 2.26 Simshaker the issue I am having and it happens on release as well is that I cannot select my soundcard (SoundBlasterZ) in mono mode in the select dedicated sound card tab, it restarts SS but when it comes back on the line is blank.

Not sure but shouldn't I be able to select my sound card there and have it stay, what would make it not be selected.. I can select the Stereo mode but then I get a ticking sound in the headset especially when in the apache..

I am on Windows 10 64bit fresh install as of the 4-15-2022, I use a soundblaster driver version 3.4.98.00 which is the lates for the soundBlaster Z.

I had this problem for sometime now just wanted to see if I can get it working or if it is a bug or something.

Been using Simshaker with DCS so no other sims involved..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

6 hours ago, The_Nephilim said:

Hey guys,

I am using the Beta version 2.26 Simshaker the issue I am having and it happens on release as well is that I cannot select my soundcard (SoundBlasterZ) in mono mode in the select dedicated sound card tab, it restarts SS but when it comes back on the line is blank.

Not sure but shouldn't I be able to select my sound card there and have it stay, what would make it not be selected.. I can select the Stereo mode but then I get a ticking sound in the headset especially when in the apache..

I am on Windows 10 64bit fresh install as of the 4-15-2022, I use a soundblaster driver version 3.4.98.00 which is the lates for the soundBlaster Z.

I had this problem for sometime now just wanted to see if I can get it working or if it is a bug or something.

Been using Simshaker with DCS so no other sims involved..

Hey,

SoundBlasterZ doesn't support the mono mode.

If you wouldn't like to use another sound card, I think you could try a workaround.

1) Install asio4all driver as described in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound

2) Open Soundmodule.cfg file for editing and set Enable_ASIO_Audio Value="True" and Selected_Max_Audio_Channels Number="1" (refer to my picture attached)

3) Run the SimShaker Sound Module and follow the recommendations about asio4all driver setup in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound#asio4all 

4) Share the result with us.

Good luck!

2022-04-17_11-51-49.png

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/31/2021 at 5:49 PM, =Andre= said:

I see, thank you.

Let's take for example the missile launch effect. It may engage 3 samples:

• hp_11_0_L.wav - left
  • hp_11_0_M.wav - middle (both)
  • hp_11_0_R.wav - right

The samples contain 3 sets of waveforms as on the screenshot attached.

hp_11_0_L.wav sample activates only bass-shaker connected to the left channel, 

hp_11_0_R.wav sample activates only bass-shaker connected to the right channel,

hp_11_0_M.wav sample activates both bass-shakers.

In your case it's going to be felt unnatural. So, you will want to modify the samples, which is not hard. Basic information you can get in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound

Hi,

A few questions. Are there any plans to allow for dynamic control of output channels, or perhaps some utility that can convert or rename all the samples as desired?

How does the Microsoft account license binding work? How does it detect my account? I have the option available, but I don't log in to Windows using a Microsoft account. I do use it for some applications, however. Are there any plans to implement OAuth or something instead?

Lastly, tying in to the above; I've not had any issues so far, but the activation process is a manual one, correct? If you for any reason are unable to reply, my license is effectively useless should I buy a new PC, is it not? Especially in times like these, I don't feel great about it. If I use the Microsoft account option (which I'm still not crazy about), will I be able to automatically activate my product in the future, on any new hardware, without manual intervention?

I completely respect your copyrights, but frankly, I think your DRM implementation is unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Lombra said:

Hi,

A few questions. Are there any plans to allow for dynamic control of output channels, or perhaps some utility that can convert or rename all the samples as desired?

How does the Microsoft account license binding work? How does it detect my account? I have the option available, but I don't log in to Windows using a Microsoft account. I do use it for some applications, however. Are there any plans to implement OAuth or something instead?

Lastly, tying in to the above; I've not had any issues so far, but the activation process is a manual one, correct? If you for any reason are unable to reply, my license is effectively useless should I buy a new PC, is it not? Especially in times like these, I don't feel great about it. If I use the Microsoft account option (which I'm still not crazy about), will I be able to automatically activate my product in the future, on any new hardware, without manual intervention?

I completely respect your copyrights, but frankly, I think your DRM implementation is unnecessary.

Hi,

I think the implementation will basically stay the same.

That's enough to log in to Windows using a Microsoft account once. Even if you buy a new PC.

Using that option you are not tied to my ability to reply you.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hey,

SoundBlasterZ doesn't support the mono mode.

If you wouldn't like to use another sound card, I think you could try a workaround.

1) Install asio4all driver as described in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound

2) Open Soundmodule.cfg file for editing and set Enable_ASIO_Audio Value="True" and Selected_Max_Audio_Channels Number="1" (refer to my picture attached)

3) Run the SimShaker Sound Module and follow the recommendations about asio4all driver setup in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound#asio4all 

4) Share the result with us.

Good luck!

2022-04-17_11-51-49.png

Hey Andre,

I guess that is why it does not work then? is there a reasone the SB Z does not support mono mode if not known no big deal was just curious as to why that is so..

Also what 5.1 sound card would you reccomend if I wanted to try another soundcard? Will any new Sound Blasster work like the AE5??

Thank you very much for the responce.

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

5 hours ago, The_Nephilim said:

Hey Andre,

I guess that is why it does not work then? is there a reasone the SB Z does not support mono mode if not known no big deal was just curious as to why that is so..

Also what 5.1 sound card would you reccomend if I wanted to try another soundcard? Will any new Sound Blasster work like the AE5??

Thank you very much for the responce.

Hi Nephilim,

I don't know for sure. Maybe they think the Mono mode is not required any more.

I use Asus Xonar DGX sound card in my system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

OK I had reinstalled windows and now when I run my procedure I had laid out in the last install it will not run the buttkicker. I get an error sound card in use or something..

What is the order I need to startup the Simshaker with Voicemeeter, mixed reality.. I had an order from before but when I do it know I ge4t that error and no sound in the test..

EDIT: This order seems to work now, I am still not sure why the order changes when I redo Windows?

\\\\\Start these programs for DCS and VR in this order..

1. Start Mixed Reality Portal

2. Check sound shortcut for proper speaker settings.

3. Start SimShaker then test sound in test.. 

4. Turn on Voicemeeter..

5. Run DCS ..

Edited by The_Nephilim

On 4/28/2022 at 7:16 AM, The_Nephilim said:

2. Check sound shortcut for proper speaker settings.

3. Start SimShaker then test sound in test.. 

4. Turn on Voicemeeter..

5. Run DCS ..

2. Turn on Voicemeeter
  3. Check sound shortcut for proper speaker settings (Voicemeeter Input/Voicemetter Output as default in Windows)
  4. Start SimShaker then test sound in test.. 
  5. If no sound in test again select A1, A2... device. (yes, select again same device)
  6. In SimShaker select any other sound device, software reset itself, then select proper device once again. Do the test again
  7. Run DCS.

My setting looks like this. Buttkicker is connected to my AOG monitor with speakers. But was working well also with Front Panel on PC for headphones.

image.png

Edited by TylerPL666

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Hey Guys,

I just noticed something here. it seems some of the sounds are not working in the Apache? For instance when I do a cold start and fire up the APU I get nothing in the buttkicker, but in the test screen of SimShaker there is definetely a sound associated with the APU.

So How can I tell if SimShaker is properly working in the Apache as I have no APU, Buttkicker sound when only the APU is on in a cold start.?

Edited by The_Nephilim

On 5/3/2022 at 2:25 AM, The_Nephilim said:

Hey Guys,

I just noticed something here. it seems some of the sounds are not working in the Apache? For instance when I do a cold start and fire up the APU I get nothing in the buttkicker, but in the test screen of SimShaker there is definetely a sound associated with the APU.

So How can I tell if SimShaker is properly working in the Apache as I have no APU, Buttkicker sound when only the APU is on in a cold start.?

The APU effect is not working in the Apache as f4l0 wrote in the SSA release notes. So, you can't tell it just by the APU effect. I'm sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi, Andre,

I have a question about the Engine Beat in A8 using the Sound Module:

- when on the ground, just started the engine there's some serious variations in sound intensity that seem to go in and out when the engine is on idle, and it's not repeating in any standard pattern, it may happen every 10 seconds, or every 30 seconds, or less frequent.  It's very difficult to describe.

I'm not sure if you'd have any insight into that.. can they tied be to some sort of engine resonance ?   Is there any debug options to see what DCS is outputing to your app so I can capture the moment when it's happening? (not sure if it'd help with anything).

I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time as it's been pretty annoying. I want to have the engine beat at a maximum so I know the bird is alive, but these huge fluctuations are rather aggressive...

Edited by peachmonkey

9 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

hi, Andre,

I have a question about the Engine Beat in A8 using the Sound Module:

- when on the ground, just started the engine there's some serious variations in sound intensity that seem to go in and out when the engine is on idle, and it's not repeating in any standard pattern, it may happen every 10 seconds, or every 30 seconds, or less frequent.  It's very difficult to describe.

I'm not sure if you'd have any insight into that.. can they tied be to some sort of engine resonance ?   Is there any debug options to see what DCS is outputing to your app so I can capture the moment when it's happening? (not sure if it'd help with anything).

I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time as it's been pretty annoying. I want to have the engine beat at a maximum so I know the bird is alive, but these huge fluctuations are rather aggressive...

Hi peachmonkey,

I think you could try to debug it having just this effect enabled. You can see the commands issued by the SSA to the SSM in the SSA log (in its GUI window or in the file). There is also a DCS Debug View in the SSA menu.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I have a 2 bass shakers configuration, on the Andy website I saw that simshaker assume by default that the shakers are left and righ but the user can configure the position.

Mine are on my back and under my seat, how I can change the position ?

"2 (stereo) - suitable if you operate 2 bass-shakers. I assume that bass-shakers are placed left and right of the player. Out of the box SimShaker is configured for such placement. But that may be customized by the player."

42 minutes ago, X_legio said:

Hi there, I have a 2 bass shakers configuration, on the Andy website I saw that simshaker assume by default that the shakers are left and righ but the user can configure the position.

Mine are on my back and under my seat, how I can change the position ?

"2 (stereo) - suitable if you operate 2 bass-shakers. I assume that bass-shakers are placed left and right of the player. Out of the box SimShaker is configured for such placement. But that may be customized by the player."

Hi, please read here https://forum.dcs.world/topic/120869-simshaker-for-dcs-world-sound-mode-expansion-discussion/page/67/#comment-4858080

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

I installed two cheap $50 shakers by the side of my rudder pedals, everything on top of a MFD board. Very nice,positive results after the first test!
Thank you Andre for this software and bringing the sim alive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 4 weeks later...

Andre,

Including a screenshot as requested in the other thread.  Question quoted again below the shot.  Please let me know if you were looking for something else, or need more information.  Thanks for taking a look!

simshaker screen.png

On 7/18/2022 at 4:13 PM, Mista_Bojangles said:

Hello,

I've struggled with volume output in SimShaker for Aviators, but not in SimShaker wings for some time now.  Testing outside of the game, with test sounds, configured for a bass shaker.  In game performance has the same issue.  Wings is perfect, but I have to crank aviators up to even feel it with my hand on the transducer.  I'm afraid to go wild, in case something snaps to life suddenly one day and pops my transducer....

I have all sounds turned up to 100% per airframe in Aviator, and manually increase volume in either my sound mixer or on the amp.  Using same audio configuration on the Windows and Voicemeter side for both applications.  Both appear to be set to the same audio settings within each simshaker module as well.  Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Edited by Mista_Bojangles
Forgot screenshot

6 hours ago, Mista_Bojangles said:

Andre,

Including a screenshot as requested in the other thread.  Question quoted again below the shot.  Please let me know if you were looking for something else, or need more information.  Thanks for taking a look!

I can't see any screenshot. I'm sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]