SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

25 minutes ago, Mista_Bojangles said:

Settings shot below.  Dedicated soundcard is a USB soundcard that's sent through VoiceMeeter Banana on the input referenced below.  Using a single transducer, connected to the left channel of an amp.

soundmodule-settings.PNG

Why are u using Voicemeeter? 

You can activate the booster to improve the strength of the signal. 

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

1 hour ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Why are u using Voicemeeter? 

You can activate the booster to improve the strength of the signal. 

I had been using the transducer with other games, so I made a EQ curve to only play low freq from that soundcard, and output both standard headphones and tranducer while other playing games.  No good reason why I I left it as Voicemeeter when SimShaker lets me choose.... I set to the native device as output, and tweeked my boost level, and I'm getting the rumble I need.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious since Wings seemed to be so much stronger by default.  Also disabled my verbose logging after wrapping up, thanks for the reminder Andre.

Appreciate the help from both of you!

1 hour ago, Mista_Bojangles said:

I had been using the transducer with other games, so I made a EQ curve to only play low freq from that soundcard, and output both standard headphones and tranducer while other playing games.  No good reason why I I left it as Voicemeeter when SimShaker lets me choose.... I set to the native device as output, and tweeked my boost level, and I'm getting the rumble I need.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious since Wings seemed to be so much stronger by default.  Also disabled my verbose logging after wrapping up, thanks for the reminder Andre.

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken but if you bought simshaker sound module, the software reads telemetry, it has nothing to do with sound output, and the result is much much better

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

1 hour ago, Mista_Bojangles said:

So, it's fine now, correct?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

So, it's fine now, correct?

Correct.  All fine now.

2 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken but if you bought simshaker sound module, the software reads telemetry, it has nothing to do with sound output, and the result is much much better

Right, but I also used the transducer for other games that don't offer telemetry based output.  So, general first person shooters for example I would use the Voicemeeter method.  When setting up SimShaker, I must have selected the Voicemeeter output out of habit and didn't stop to think about it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mista_Bojangles said:

Correct.  All fine now.

Right, but I also used the transducer for other games that don't offer telemetry based output.  So, general first person shooters for example I would use the Voicemeeter method.  When setting up SimShaker, I must have selected the Voicemeeter output out of habit and didn't stop to think about it.

Oh I finally got you now, sorry, the other games with audio mode only is what got me

• 3 weeks later...

I use this software to feed two shakers on my pedal plate. 

Is I want to attach other two units to the back of my flight chair, could I use another soundcard and amp, or is mandatory Changing to a 5.1 setup with a single soundcard and run the cables from the pedal plate to the chair? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

I use this software to feed two shakers on my pedal plate. 

Is I want to attach other two units to the back of my flight chair, could I use another soundcard and amp, or is mandatory Changing to a 5.1 setup with a single soundcard and run the cables from the pedal plate to the chair? 

yes, SimShaker Sound Module features output to 1  soundcard only. so, you can use up to 6 amps but connected to the same sound card.

you need wires from the pedal plate anyway, another sound card will not eliminate that need I suppose.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 4:01 PM, Salter10 said:

Hello! I'm trying to download from https://simshaker.com/software/general/ - I'm prompted by an Office365 login and even though I have such credentials that work across Office365 - this does not work. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hello. It looks like another Microsoft bug. Actually no credentials needed if it works as intended.

If you want to download the SimShaker Sound Module setup please use this link https://simshaker.com/downloads/SimShaker_Sound_Module_Setup.msi

Edited by =Andre=
link edit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, redloved said:

Hi,

With microsoft account licence. Is it possible to activate sound mode expansion on 2 différents PC? I only have access to my laptop at the moment, I wish to buy et make somes tests. But at final, I will use the sound module on my desktop pc.

Thx.

Hi,

Yes, that' s allowed way of usage.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Excited to dive into this too - 

I am currently building with 2 shakers (Reckhorn A2.1 & 2xBS200)  and one HF8 pad in mind. 

Quick question - I'd like to use the two shakers in"front" underneath my Cockpit platform and one on the chair. 
I figure the Stereo Setup is the way to go ? Will I need to edit anything so that the software doesnt think "left /right" but "Front/Back" ? 

Also in the test / Demo mode I had a constant rumble/shake while flying - which made other effects not noticable. I assume this was due to settings error that the shaker only read the audio rather than the telemetry thats activated by SimShaker software ? 

Just need my activation now and really test it 🙂

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

5 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

I figure the Stereo Setup is the way to go ? Will I need to edit anything so that the software doesnt think "left /right" but "Front/Back" ? 

You've got 3 shakers. If you've got equal number of channels in the amps your choice is 3 - 6 bass-shakers option in the SimShaker Sound Module settings.

If you've got 2 channels in the amps your choice is 2 bass-shakers.

Also in the test / Demo mode I had a constant rumble/shake while flying - which made other effects not noticable. I assume this was due to settings error that the shaker only read the audio rather than the telemetry thats activated by SimShaker software ?

Yes, most likely you will want to edit samples containing "L" and "R" in their names.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you @=Andre=

2 more questions I’ve got the license full version now and have 1 shaker installed to test everything (mono mode)  : I should be able to reduce the intensity of sound effects in SSSA and it’ll affect the bass shaker controlled by SSM? So far I do experience some overlap and the engine rumble, even at 25 still washes out many other Effekts.

more noticeably though is latency, but only for short duration sounds. 
what I mean by that is, that when I do a test of „gear touch down“ or short bumps, the shakers don’t seem to recognize them. If I hit the test button multiple times quickly, the shake plays correctly. 
Is this a wrong setting or set up in system, some sensitivity I need to adjust or even hardware issue ? 
thank you

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

6 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

Thank you @=Andre=

2 more questions I’ve got the license full version now and have 1 shaker installed to test everything (mono mode)  : I should be able to reduce the intensity of sound effects in SSSA and it’ll affect the bass shaker controlled by SSM? So far I do experience some overlap and the engine rumble, even at 25 still washes out many other Effekts.

That's why I don't like the engine rumble effect 🙂 
Yes, you should able to reduce its intencity.

As another option you could change the effect with customized .wav samples as we did with some guys in the Discord channel.

more noticeably though is latency, but only for short duration sounds. 
what I mean by that is, that when I do a test of „gear touch down“ or short bumps, the shakers don’t seem to recognize them. If I hit the test button multiple times quickly, the shake plays correctly. 
Is this a wrong setting or set up in system, some sensitivity I need to adjust or even hardware issue ? 

I'm afraid I don't know what is that. Never heard before about such a thing.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the help again. 

the bass shakers and SSM work really well. Now I am trying to get the Next Level HF8 to work with the software.

it works with the normal software the NLR provides, vibrating correctly across all motors, but in the SSA from @=Andre= it always shows as „not connected“ or found when using „forcefeel“ option.  It doesn’t matter wether it’s AUX or USB mode, With bass shaker and pad I have selected „2shakers“ as option.
im on the beta version of software ; does the pad need any other settings or software running to be found by SSA ? 

9 minutes ago, Thanatos31 said:

Thank you for the help again. 

the bass shakers and SSM work really well. Now I am trying to get the Next Level HF8 to work with the software.

it works with the normal software the NLR provides, vibrating correctly across all motors, but in the SSA from @=Andre= it always shows as „not connected“ or found when using „forcefeel“ option.  It doesn’t matter wether it’s AUX or USB mode, With bass shaker and pad I have selected „2shakers“ as option.
im on the beta version of software ; does the pad need any other settings or software running to be found by SSA ? 

This thread is dedicated to the SimShaker Sound Module.

SimShaker for Aviators is by f4l0 but not me.

Maybe that's a hardware issue. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For reasons unknown, my Simshaker Sound Module no longer works with my base shakers while flying in DCS.  The only vibration effect that works in-game is the stall shudder.

All vibrations work perfectly in the Simshaker Sound Module Test menu, but with the exception of the stall shudder, they are all muted while flying in DCS.

I use the beta version of of SSM with Windows 10.  Can Windows updates trigger this problem?

Edited by Bob1943

10 hours ago, Bob1943 said:

For reasons unknown, my Simshaker Sound Module no longer works with my base shakers while flying in DCS.  The only vibration effect that works in-game is the stall shudder.

All vibrations work perfectly in the Simshaker Sound Module Test menu, but with the exception of the stall shudder, they are all muted while flying in DCS.

I use the beta version of of SSM with Windows 10.  Can Windows updates trigger this problem?

What is SimShaker for Aviators version you've got?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]