Export displays to second graphics card or PC

doveman

I asked about this here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143668 but as there were no replies I guess it's not currently possible, hence why I'm posting this in Wishlist.

In a system with a discrete graphics card and an onboard IGP (like on my Intel Z97 motherboard), we can run stuff like Helios on a monitor connected to the Intel IGP, with DCS running on the monitor(s) connected to the discrete card.

However, a lot of Helios profiles rely on exports of the ABRIS, Shkval, MFDs, etc from DCS, being displayed underneath them. At the moment, it seems we can only export these to a secondary monitor connected to the discrete card and we have to expand the DCS resolution to cover both monitors (so either 3840x1080 or 1920x2160 depending on the layout of the monitors), which obviously stresses the GPU more than if DCS was only running on the main monitor.

If DCS could export the data needed to draw these exported displays, with an extra program running that actually uses this data to draw them on whichever monitor the user likes (and perhaps even allows using a second PC to do this by receiving the data over the network) then that would be of great help. Things like the ABRIS map wouldn't need to be exported, as the extra program could contain this in its files, so it would only be the aircraft's current position and other markers that would need to be exported.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 3 months later...

Hello, dear community.

Since I encountered the same problem today, I wonder if there is a solution in sight. Meanwhile.

The Story:

Cause of facetrack-caused problems I saw no other way out to test a triple-head installation today.

To fire 3 montors with 4864 x 1080 pixels seems not to be a problem to 2 GTX580s.

I edited *monitor*.lua and it works. Some blurred, but this is subject to diskuss at other place :) (meanwhile solved: forgot to change ratio in LUA).

The Problem:

After I added a 18" for some gauges by HELIOS (incl 2x MFD and RWR) and a 7" for CDU-screen, DCS A10C now is completely unplayable. Framerate is felt by less than 10 frames per second.

IF I could export Gauges, MFDs and CDU to another PC (there is a dusty one with good GPU available) the problem would be solved. Maybe.

HELIOS export to a second PC should run fine (not tested yet, I confide 100% in Gadroc's good work).

But how to export MFDs, RWR and CDU to a second PC (TCP preferred)?

Edited by Tekkx

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.