Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack - LCD Home Edition

Speedbird696

Thanks SpeedBird!

I have a question. The person that is going to cut the panels for me needed a .dfx file format. So I used a converter to convert both the pdf and svg files to .dxf. The only issue is that when he tries to take measurements from them he ends up with different figures depending on which converted .dxf he looks at.

I have attached a pdf image of what I believe is the closer of the two. Can you tell me if these measurements are correct?

Thanks again......

Out

You're welcome :)

PoleCat, Answer is YES: measurements are correct. Look bellow.

measurement-1.jpg.9b8a2a6a5910d9a8e407a2fa13bb7e61.jpg

measurement-2.jpg.db2dc1e4de701466f5dd641aa443cc2e.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7" 4:3 would fit perfect i thought but im pretty sure its hard to get them if this sice is aviable.

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

Mate I bought this and couldnt use it, I could get it to work and get the displays there but the USB would connect and disconnect and in some cases I had already bombed the target and moved on before the USB screen registered a hit such was the lag. In some cases it messed my FPS to Powerpoint speed.

However, I personally put this down to my MOBO being an early USB 3 compatible (P867) which seemed the USB 3 was mainly for storage type devices as there were no USB 3 monitors around at the time. The drivers never really worked it was just a crappy experience and I persisted, for months!

The screen works fine on the wifes computer although she doesnt have DCS she has a much newer MOBO with full USB3 bells and whistles natural support so it was plug and play perfection but cant comment on gaming performance as its hers!

In short, what MOBO do you have and is it native USB 3??

Shame cos it was a perfect size to sit under the triple monitors!!

I would go for it if I could guarantee the problems I had were because of my older MOBO.

Edited by Mr_Burns

Mate I bought this and couldnt use it, I could get it to work and get the displays there but the USB would connect and disconnect and in some cases I had already bombed the target and moved on before the USB screen registered a hit such was the lag. In some cases it messed my FPS to Powerpoint speed.

However, I personally put this down to my MOBO being an early USB 3 compatible (P867) which seemed the USB 3 was mainly for storage type devices as there were no USB 3 monitors around at the time. The drivers never really worked it was just a crappy experience and I persisted, for months!

The screen works fine on the wifes computer although she doesnt have DCS she has a much newer MOBO with full USB3 bells and whistles natural support so it was plug and play perfection but cant comment on gaming performance as its hers!

In short, what MOBO do you have and is it native USB 3??

Shame cos it was a perfect size to sit under the triple monitors!!

I would go for it if I could guarantee the problems I had were because of my older MOBO.

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Core2Quad Q6600 @3.2GHz ( Stock 2.4GHz )

EVGA NF78 ( OC Motherboard 780I )

8 Gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 PC6400 @ 890MHz

EVGA GTX 970 OC Driver Version: 353.30

( Factory Clock-1165, Mem-1753, Boost-1366 )

Was thinking of adding a USB 3 Card, I've also heard that

if You use a Y-Cable and Split it to two USB Ports, it lessens

the lag considerably, even with it connected to USB 2 ports.

Sobe

I'm going to prepare photo instruction, be patient please.

Your USB HUB is OK. Consumption of one unit (LCD+board) is not more than 5 watts (together maximum 10 watts). Your HUB is able to power 15 watts.

I try to create pictures today. If I do not succeed today the images will be ready this weekend.

Please note: this solution requires two HDMI (digital) video outputs.

How are you able to connect 2 HDMI Monitors to your

Computer? I have a GTX970 with only one HDMI Connector?

Hi all,

I set up my MFD panels and connected them to my machine today. I ended up using the onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Asus Z97-Pro) to drive the two MFD displays and my GeForce 980 is still exclusively dedicated to my triple 28" 1900x1200 LCD's. You can see the photos of the finished MOD a few posts back. I am using one standard HDMI to HDMI for the first display and for the second I am using an HDMI to DVI cable. Both of these are connected to the Intel 4600 and seem to work fine.

Now I just have to set them up as MFD displays in DCS World. Can anybody point me to the best step by step for this?

Out

Edited by PoleCat

Hi all,

I set up my MFD panels and connected them to my machine today. I ended up using the onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Asus Z97-Pro) to drive the two MFD displays and my GeForce 980 is still exclusively dedicated to my triple 28" 1900x1200 LCD's. You can see the photos of the finished MOD a few posts back. I am using one standard HDMI to HDMI for the first display and for the second I am using an HDMI to DVI cable. Both of these are connected to the Intel 4600 and seem to work fine.

Now I just have to set them up as MFD displays in DCS World. Can anybody point me to the best step by step for this?

Out

I believe this is what you are looking for.

https://ultramfcd.com/

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Core2Quad Q6600 @3.2GHz ( Stock 2.4GHz )

EVGA NF78 ( OC Motherboard 780I )

8 Gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 PC6400 @ 890MHz

EVGA GTX 970 OC Driver Version: 353.30

( Factory Clock-1165, Mem-1753, Boost-1366 )

Was thinking of adding a USB 3 Card, I've also heard that

if You use a Y-Cable and Split it to two USB Ports, it lessens

the lag considerably, even with it connected to USB 2 ports.

Maybe a sub 3 card will do the trick, mines the quad core 1st I7 so prolly a newer board?

He it could have been me anyway, I'm no computer whizz by any stretch.

In any case, I look jack sh@ when I'm on business cos a take the screen and am the only one with my twin screen laptop!

Yes, just barely fits. But the one he was asking about is not 4:3.

yea I know that. I was just saying it that it would fit IF you find such a sice.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

I know it's personal preference and I get all that, just curious why you would not get a cheap 17" monitor and then add some Helios, those Mfcd on their own are not much bigger than the in game version viewpoint to have standalone?

Is it size or using usb instead of valuable display ports or personal preference?

Truly interested, obviously the things are sold as stand alone with view inserts so they are meant to be, just easier pressing a Mfcd than mouse clicking an osb? But with a screen?

I know it's personal preference and I get all that, just curious why you would not get a cheap 17" monitor and then add some Helios, those Mfcd on their own are not much bigger than the in game version viewpoint to have standalone?

Is it size or using usb instead of valuable display ports or personal preference?

Truly interested, obviously the things are sold as stand alone with view inserts so they are meant to be, just easier pressing a Mfcd than mouse clicking an osb? But with a screen?

A few reasons why I went with modifying my Cougar MFDs over a separate 17" monitor or touch screen.

1. The MFDs modified with small screens fit nicely on a desk in front and below your monitors. I imagine that a 17" monitor would be a bit unwieldy in the same situation. Better if you have a custom pit but still a huge real estate hog.

2. Even though they are small it is my understanding that the TM MFDs are very close in actual size to the real ones (there is a post somewhere showing them side by side). By virtue of them being closer to me on the desk the size seems just fine.

3. While a touch screen is cool indeed even cooler is pushing the buttons on the Cougar MFDs and seeing the changes taking place on MFD screen as

they do in the real bird. It really lends to the sense of immersion IMHO.

4. If you already own the MFDSs as I do the 1024x768 panels with the controller board (HDMI\VGA) can be had for 60.00USD each making it as affordable as a single monitor solution. I personally would not use USB.

Food for thought.......:joystick:

Out

• Like 1

All true, but USB works just fine as well. 8" Lilliputs work just fine (although you have to cover up about 1/5th of the screen. Easy enough to do.

And I agree that MFDs but hard buttons make it much easier to interact than a 17" touchscreen.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yeah I had to modify my desk a lot to get the 17" display under the monitor, is a realestate hog and a pita if you want to move it!

Like your idea of non USB.

One of the issues I'm having in my head is I want the pit front panel to be T shaped, pretty hard to do with a rectangle monitor but I do have 4 Mfcd so I could use your solution for the Middle lower Mfcd to sit between my legs and behind the stick.

Hope you don't think I was criticising, was curious about how different people play and I too like the feel of pushing a button rather than a touch screen.

Thanks for replying!

Mr Burns,

My pit morphed over time. It started with something like this:

1Untitled_zpsc9bsanut.png

......and I ended up with something like this:

Untitled_zpspxvuozyq.png

Its not a realistic pit, but I prefer the panel setup with separate screens to the screens with the MFD's stuck on. I find the tactile feel of switches and buttons more immersive. Whatever floats your boat.

Viper right, I have Falcons pit on my shortcuts, I want to do one like that but more of fa18 style come Eurofighter multipit.

The up front controller, typhoon has a similar thing, did you buy it or make it?

Sorry for thread hijack, pm me please if you want to respond!

Well I'm not planning on building a pit,

but it is nice to have a little more immersion

in the Flight Sims / Gaming.

I'm thinking of adding a 20 inch monitor ( HDMI )

and mounting the MFD's onto it somehow.

I have a X-52 Pro FlightStick, TrackIR 5 and the MFD's,

2 Monitors, soon a third as I have said.