Cobra's new avatar

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to speculate....mainly cuz I think the developers enjoy it.

Goatgate for the avatar.

As for upcoming planes and their hints. Wouldn't the planes in the background images on their website be good hints...?

I see:

F4 Phantom

F6F

F4F... well an early model of one at least.

P38

An Old Carrier

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

• 3 weeks later...

I wish Cobra's avatar would say something about the site... the new one. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wasn't that site supposed to be up 6 months ago?

Well...3.5 months ago... I guess that's not much better. :music_whistling:

LNS was planning to have their website updated in late March, then they pushed it back to beginning of May.

There was also a mention of announcing at least one of their new modules in April. It wouldn't surprise me if the website was being set to coincide with the announcement - Cobra mentioned that the F-14 was part of a "broader website update" that probably included MiG-21Bis 2.0 updates as well. When they decided to hold off on their announcement(s), the website was probably held with it.

I read some posts by VEAO that stated that the timing and nature of announcements is closely coordinated with ED. There could be a lot of factors both inside and outside of LNS that compelled them to hold on their original plans.

That's my reading of the Tea leaves. ;)

-Nick

Yeah catch-22.. I'll bet the new website has a lot of very cool pics.. And of course all of them will be in DCS 2.0 so at this point cannot be shown due to NDA... And they won't want to put up a brand new site with old pics so here we are again waiting on ED to finally release DCS 2.0 and now it is affecting the third party devs as well..

Not pretty

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

There is nothing at all prohibiting us from posting any pictures, including ones from 2.0.

We're quiet because we're working on hard on hitting internal milestones as we move towards the tail end of Summer and Fall.

The F-14 page will go up later this week.

It was put on the backburner because we're currently crunching on two of our other, unannounced projects which we hope to release this year.

There is nothing new on the F-14 page that you have not seen in the latest May F-14 update, however.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

There is nothing at all prohibiting us from posting any pictures, including ones from 2.0.

We're quiet because we're working on hard on hitting internal milestones as we move towards the tail end of Summer and Fall.

It was put on the backburner because we're currently crunching on two of our other, unannounced projects which we hope to release this year.

There is nothing new on the F-14 page that you have not seen in the latest May F-14 update, however.

It's hard to cultivate our conspiracy theories when you update us like this. ;)

Thank you for the info, I'm looking forward to the F-14 page nonetheless.

-Nick

and they are....

j/k keep up the good work:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I stand corrected sir..

Thanks for the update..

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Thank you! :)

giphy.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

tumblr_inline_ntm9hvJAjJ1qa7k0a_500.gif

Only breaking this out because he has a new Avatar.

You all are the conspirators here.

If there is a new meaning, lets hear it.

If its just a pic of a Jolly Rogers helmet, then lets leave it at that.

Plus, I enjoy the conspiracies. Alot. :detective:

Frisco1522

P.S. Plus I like things being neatly in their proper threads :P

Vf84 helmet art I think. On my phone and not sure how to post a picture from it though.

Does appear to be from VF-84 and even more interesting is the operational history of VF-84 - in it's 1955-1995 iteration they flew not only the F-14, but the FJ-3, F-8 Crusader and the F-4.

Perhaps there is hidden meaning within that?

Or perhaps he just likes the Jolly Rogers, they are my favourite squadron too for old school F-14's

Does appear to be from VF-84 and even more interesting is the operational history of VF-84 - in it's 1955-1995 iteration they flew not only the F-14, but the FJ-3, F-8 Crusader and the F-4.

Perhaps there is hidden meaning within that?

Or perhaps he just likes the Jolly Rogers, they are my favourite squadron too for old school F-14's

VF-84 is also featured in the background of the F-14 website, I suspect that it is well-liked at Leatherneck.

I think this is an F-14 reference, not a Phantom reference. The Phantom era helmet insignia looked different from the Tomcat era - this helmet (and also the oxygen mask) are definitely Tomcat era.

Here is a drawing of the Phantom era helmet insignia (drawing is the best I could find):

jrhelmet07.jpg

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213