JW 4 - Line Up & Reserve

FLANKERATOR

Hi guys,

I've decided to go for a new thread to keep it easy for people to follow this.

Please see below current line up and reserve for Orange, Red and Gree coalitions. We have tried to take into account who you've said you want to fly with as much as we could while keeping an eye on who signed up first (priority column), so this is the lineup as well as the reserve list.

COALITIONS LINEUP & RESERVE

lineup.jpg

ORDER OF BATTLE

Based on that calculated average ranking, we currently have:

Top seed-----> Blue coalition

#2 team -----> Red coalition

#3 team -----> Orange coalition

#4 team -----> Green coalition

Typically the semifinals on Saturday June 27 will be:

Semifinal 1---->#1 (Blue Team) VS. #4 (Green Team) -----> on 104th TeamSpeak---->address: 50.197.62.13 (password = phoenix)

Semifinal 2----> #2 (Red Team) VS. #3 (Orange Team) ------> on 51st TeamSpeak---->address: 51st.hopto.org (no password)

SCHEDULE AND RULES

All times are Zulu----> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/zulu

-5pm: Pilot Check-in and reservist management according to official roster.

-5:40PM: Only participants and admins should join the 3D world

-5:50PM: insuring both teams have same numbers and at least 4 strikers each.

-6PM: Fighters take off after "fight's on" clearance.

-6:05PM:Strikers take off after clearance

- 9:00PM: Final RTB call at 9PM, failure to disengage and land will count as a loss.

Reminders

- Permission to reconnect must be asked to an admin in case of a disconnection or technical issues. Make sure you are not engaged or under pressure when disconnecting as all instances will be reviewed post battle.

- Air collisions will be counted as a loss, so caution.

- Respawn after purging a 10mn penalty granted if stuck on runway because of gear damage or empty tanks (do not disconnect until an admin can find you with F-11 view and give you clearance)

- Do not exit the server after ejecting and before crashing.

- Landing then re-spawning on a different base is not allowed; Land on designated bases only.

- We will try to announce a winner asap so you know who should turn up tomorrow for the final battle (if no obvious winner, then server logs will be used for quick tally and results should be posted within a few hours).

Note: Please keep an eye on the lineup above, especially reserve pilots as you may get into the main roster if any withdraw; also, try to turn up on Saturday so if there are no shows you could jump on.

S!

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

HI Flanker thanks, the EVC57 and EDP71st slots will be:

=57th= Iberian - SU27

=57th= Thunder - SU27

=57th= Ghost - SU27

=57th= Ninja - F-15C

=57th= Hogan - F-15C

=57th= Ariel - F-15C

=57th= Jacobs - SU-25T

=57th= Niko - SU-25T

EDP71st - Aleman - SU27

EDP71st - Enzel - SU27

EDP71st - Apenwolf - SU27

EDP71st - Rush - SU33

EDP71st - Honos - Su25T

EDP71st - Skyhell - Su25T

subject to change, depending on availability next week

RuSh

Quoted this also here ;)

Thanks

Hey guys.

On behalf of 373vFS we only registered now to assist the EDP & 57th side in case there were slots available as previously asked.

Our initial purpose was not to take part on this round of Joint Warrior due to internal reasons (mainly the date) and participate in the next one and that's why we didn't register earlier in the first place.

So of course you should keep as you already do the priorities and we will only get up to 4x fighters if asked for the Orange coalition (EDP & 57th).Please do not count us to another coalition if needed.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!

Greg

Link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143675&page=9

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Roger guys!

I have calculated the average SA ranking for each coalition (based on respective pilot rankings) for seeding purposes to decide who will fight who in the semifinals. The lower the average ranking the higher the seed.

For those who wonder: seeding means giving a preliminary ranking for the purposes of the draw so that the top ranked do not meet until later in the competition.

So based on that calculated average ranking, we currently have:

Top seed-----> Blue coalition

#2 team -----> Red coalition

#3 team -----> Orange coalition

#4 team -----> Green coalition

Typically the semifinals on Saturday June 27 will be:

Semifinal 1---->#1 (Blue Team) VS. #4 (Green Team) -----> on 104th Server

Semifinal 2----> #2 (Red Team) VS. #3 (Orange Team) ------> on 51st Server

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

We have decided to have even more points at stake for this event, therefore JW4 will be a grade B battle. For comparison, all previous tactical battles had a grade C.

This is meant to reflect the high level of the competition expected as many top ranked pilots will be flying in JW4.

point_breakdown.jpg

* only base points are shown above, bonus points (related to battle victory and pilot status), which can go up to 100% are not.

Hi Flank. If the match does not start on time I may need to leave early before the match is officially over. Assuming im not shot down by the time i need to go, can I swap my slot with another pilot? If no reserve is around can it be another of my coalition who has already been shot down? Assuming of course I land at home base.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Hi Rage. There are a few things to remember about flight time, aggressiveness and pilot substitution:

Minimum flight time to validate your score is one hour and half if no points are scored and one hour if points are scored. A mission score of zero (no kill and no loss) can still make you earn Rankings points (SA points) providing the pilot was aggressive and effective enough; this is to avoid cases of when a player would survive the battle without scoring points (kills or assists) and without engaging the enemy, flying in a very defensive style; in such cases, no rankings points are awarded.

Regarding substitution of a pilot, it isn't possible for a player who has already sustained a loss to join the same battle again as long as the one life per pilot rule stands, which will be the case in JW4. However, a pilot from the reserve can but this has to take place with at least one hour remaining before the end of the fight so that the substitute could validate his softie.

Minimum flight time rule is there to prevent cases when for instance a pilot gets a bit lucky scoring early kills then quits way too early before minimum flight time is reached. This is also to ensure that every pilot will stay long enough to fight for team victory as it is a crucial component of the rankings system.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

I do not speaking for all Russian planes pilots community, but in the case of the EDP 71st and EVC 57, I can say that we prefer to fly with AWACS or some EW radar even with its flaws of false echoes and others, than no EW at all. I think JW should have an AWACS or EW radar like the previous events.

I do not agree with Maverick opinion to leave it out, giving the supremacy to the F-15, as has been happening in the 104th server for a while, with very few flying Russian aircrafts.

IMHO, Regards

Rush

Edited by JunMcKill

There are plans to put it back on the menu, Rush but those issues need to be addressed first.

Human GCI is also being considered for future events.

Thanks Flanker but we are not asking for human GCI in this event, just to place an AWACS or an EW radar in this mission on each side, a 10 minutes work in the editor, even with the EW flaws and virtues

Is not a coincidence that 68.35% of the fighters for the JW4 are F-15C, when in previous events, was a mix of dissimiler fighters. That only means that latest statistics are balanced for the F-15 and his strong points, like RADAR and the great AIM-120C. Meanwhile the advantage of the russian planes in real life for years, have been their dependency to GCI or EW, and this only one advantage has been removed of JW4!

RuSh

Edited by JunMcKill

Not sure if people would like to hunt ghost contacts, mate, I would not. I'd rather rely on my team for calling out the bad guys.

Last Red Flag has seen the Su-27 coming back strong! (first A2A place by KombatMilc + 4 Flankers among the top 6). That ET can definitely hurt!

Nonetheless, I will let Maverick know about this as he is JW's and RF's mission designer but I doubt we will see an AWACS in JW4, most likely in upcoming events as I stated before.

Not sure if people would like to hunt ghost contacts, mate, I would not. I'd rather rely on my team for calling out the bad guys.

Last Red Flag has seen the Su-27 coming back strong! (first A2A place by KombatMilc + 4 Flankers among the top 6). That ET can definitely hurt!

Nonetheless, I will let Maverick know about this as he is JW's and RF's mission designer but I doubt we will see an AWACS in JW4, most likely in upcoming events as I stated before.

Not wanting to diminish the quality of Kombatmilc, his perfomance was a mix of opportunities, SA, good luck, and a force correlation of twice fighters for the attackers than the 104th and 51st coalition, a the risk of using the ET at very short range close to the enemy airbase, I really doubt he can repeat this record again, in a even numbers event without an AWCS or EW radar to help him.

But anyway, the decision is yours. Thanks for the answers!

RuSh

Edited by JunMcKill

I gree with Rush in his post, having no AWACS or radar EW for Russia fighters, we are doomed to only use ET or R-73, because the incidence of the missile R-27er is very low , since TEWSof the f-15 is able to determine your shot , even if it is a SARH missile and emits no active signal (which have always doubted , but it is not the case in this post

If we don´t have AWACS , radar or EW , the chances of a kill with Russian fighters decrease substantially, so i think you should consider the proposal Rush

greetings,

Honos

HI Flanker, what will be the sides in semifinals? Green Team will be red and Orange Team will be Blue?

Semifinal 1---->#1 (Blue Team) VS. #4 (Green Team) -----> on 104th TeamSpeak---->address: 50.197.62.13 (password = phoenix)

Semifinal 2----> #2 (Red Team) VS. #3 (Orange Team) ------> on 51st TeamSpeak---->address: 51st.hopto.org (no password)

AWACS is not being included because it doesn't work properly, that is the only reason.

;2406377']Before people get too excited there will NOT be any AWACS in this round of JW. We 100% plan for it to be included in the future (hence why Flank is posting the scores for it) but for now we don't plan to use it due to the outstanding bug that has been plaguing DCS for some time now.... ghost contacts on Datalink is still not fixed by ED and is still causing issues for clients so we are going to drop AWACS till it gets fixed sad.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2420235']AWACS is not being included because it doesn't work properly' date=' that is the only reason.[/quote']

WE the pilots of russian fighters are who use the AWACS Maverick, not the 104th that usually fly F-15C, WE are asking for an EW radar or AWACS even if it "doesn't work properly" why we cant have it? it's our problem!

RuSh

Edited by JunMcKill

why we cant have it?

Because it doesn't work properly and there is more than you and your friends taking part in the event McKill.

Not everyone is as happy as you to deal with the problems it presents, so rather than deal with these issues we have chosen not to include it for this round.

Once we have tested the AWACS again in our server over the next few weeks we will review the decision to keep them removed. We ran a test last month with the AWACS and it did not go very well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2420715']Because it doesn't work properly and there is more than you and your friends taking part in the event McKill.

Not everyone is as happy as you to deal with the problems it presents, so rather than deal with these issues we have chosen not to include it for this round.

Once we have tested the AWACS again in our server over the next few weeks we will review the decision to keep them removed. We ran a test last month with the AWACS and it did not go very well.

Thanks, I think a poll will be the correct way to finish this difference of opinions, and have a real statistic value, to take a proper decision about that theme.

HI Flanker, what will be the sides in semifinals? Green Team will be red and Orange Team will be Blue?

Hi Rush, I think easiest is for Red to go red and Blue go blue; map is pretty symmetrical so I don't think that the color matters. If any discrepancies in distances to BE, then head starts could be used although I do not think it is necessary since strikers will have to take off 5mn after fighters to avoid any early strike before the fast movers turn up.

Hi Rush, I think easiest is for Red to go red and Blue go blue; map is pretty symmetrical so I don't think that the color matters. If any discrepancies in distances to BE, then head starts could be used although I do not think it is necessary since strikers will have to take off 5mn after fighters to avoid any early strike before the fast movers turn up.

I agree with you, the differences are minimal, the mission scenario seems well planified! Good job to all the designers!.

Thanks!

RuSh