DCS: F-5E!

Python

Last few pages here depicts victory of hope and anticipation over experience :).

Pre purchase periods are nothing new to DCS. Almost every single module had one. Some short, others long, as in months long. We have been able to "buy before fly" with 20% off: MiG-21, F-86, Fw-190, L-39, among others.

Whenever prepurchase is stated anywhere, it always meant this, so nothing new there.

As for the delays, nothing new either and we have always seen it happen. Dare I say, delays are more rule than exception, and I don't recall a single DCS release meeting their first estimations, even very vague ones like quarters or halves.

I will just chill, as Gazelle and all my other modules will give ample pastime before F-5 can appear on my virtual hangar :). Never really expected much for it to release too soon anyway :D.

True.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ball was dropped, and no false hope was given, there was never a concrete release date given. You are allowed to be excited about new stuff, but make sure you dont confuse that excitement and make untrue statements about what is going on, everyone is working very hard to put out the best simulation of the F-5, its worth every penny and every bit of the wait.

Disagree. Vague estimations are sometimes provided for release in the future (exceeding several months) and these are clearly not concrete.

In this case, a date of 'within a month' was provided, and from what I can recall, dates this specific aren't generally provided unless there's a good chance they can be met (and if they're missed, usually not my much).

Should the module not be out today?

DCS: F-5E Tiger II will be available for pre-purchase on 20.05.2016

http://www.belsimtek.com/news/1641/

Bring it on you sexy module makers.

I guess it will come later today together with the news update.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This Text is the one that confuses me the most.

2016-05-2012.08.405ryxm.jpg

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

so no release today :(

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

This Text is the one that confuses me the most.

2016-05-2012.08.405ryxm.jpg

What`s confusing about it? The plan was to release the Tiger in May. Now they decided to start only the pre-purchase in May and release it in July, when the manual and the tutorial missions are ready. In my opinion a wise decision to include documentation and training.

But let`s wait for the news today.;)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I heard before that the module is already done... Why this forced wait?

Heard from whom?

I've heard that Prince didn't die naturally, he was killed by Elvis (at the order of the Reptilian Queen).

Sources matter.

And paying close attention to what those sources are actually saying matters.

In any case - it's buy now (20% off) or buy when it releases (100% price), fly sometime in July (potentially with some delays that always accompany pretty much any project).

No "forced" wait for which anyone can show any compelling evidence.

Buy now and get 20% off, or wait until a sale a couple of weeks later and get it cheaper still, just like NTTR and the M2000.

Pass!

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

They should have called it Pre-Order, not Pre-purchase, maybe that would have caused less confusion.

Except ED usually calls those "pre-sell" to add to the confusion..

Either way, I'll wait the usual friday evening news and update to see what it really will be..

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

The problem is that the announcement isn't accurate in it's language, which leads to confusion.

Facts are:

- F-5 trailer says at end it is "coming" in July. Whether that is early access or full release no one knows.

- Pre-purchase is on 20-05-2016 as said by announcement. From earlier releases by DCS a pre-purchase comes in a period before early access, they're not the same (say older community members).

The announcement says other stuff, but those are the only facts relating to release times.

So no one really knows when early access will start, or when the full release will be, because it hasn't been stated clearly. The only facts are that pre-purchase is today and that early access or full release is in July.

so no release today :(

Huh? Who says that?

The problem is that the announcement isn't accurate in it's language, which leads to confusion.

Facts are:

- F-5 trailer says at end it is "coming" in July. Whether that is early access or full release no one knows.

- Pre-purchase is on 20-05-2016 as said by announcement. From earlier releases by DCS a pre-purchase comes in a period before early access, they're not the same (say older community members).

The announcement says other stuff, but those are the only facts relating to release times.

So no one really knows when early access will start, or when the full release will be, because it hasn't been stated clearly. The only facts are that pre-purchase is today and that early access or full release is in July.

I'm pretty sure todays newsletter will clarify things.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Huh? Who says that?

I'm pretty sure todays newsletter will clarify things.

Earlier post....

:helpsmilie:Little confused as to if we will be able to fly it tomorrow or just pre purchase.Said was coming in a month 6 weeks ago now we can buy but not fly until july?????????

Pre-purchase will begin tomorrow with discount, but Early Access build will not be available until July.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm sorry, I thought Flia was talking about pre-purchase for some reason. So, disregard last :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Buy now and get 20% off, or wait until a sale a couple of weeks later and get it cheaper still, just like NTTR and the M2000.

Pass!

I fail to see any logic here.

1. You would get 20% less but you will not fly it for very long.

2. You refused to support the devs

For what? Just because they couldn't bring the product on time ? If you hate them that much why not just boycott and not buy at all?

I'm sorry, I thought Flia was talking about pre-purchase for some reason. So, disregard last :music_whistling:

It's cool QuiGon. There's lots of chatter here and sometimes hard to keep track of news.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I fail to see any logic here.

1. You would get 20% less but you will not fly it for very long.

2. You refused to support the devs

For what? Just because they couldn't bring the product on time ? If you hate them that much why not just boycott and not buy at all?

Hate? Why would you even make such a hostile comment to a fellow member? It's a matter of choice to support that kind of buisness model or not. Has nothing to do with the devs themselfes, the F-5E looks terrific and it will sell well. I will buy it. Some will pay now, some will pay later. Personally, I think that some "exclusive content" like sneek peeks, video tutorials etc. should be included in the pre-sell. It can all be created by the testers and will not bother Belsimtek one bit.