DCS: F-5E!

Python

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous pics, Vitormouraa, thanks for sharing them! Now where's that bucket... I'm drooling again...

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Definitely missed them, :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: clap_2.gifclap_2.gif, gorgeous, jaw dropping, breathtaking, no words clap_2.gifclap_2.gif. No winter, but good times are coming to DCS :lol: .

These images look awesome I wonder if they are edited or if it's a new light system.
At first I didn't recall that, but you're right. I don't think ED edits any of the screens they post but the new HDR and light system is quite likely.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Today the F-5 will be released?

huh? Who says that? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

STOP!

Before this goes any further, no. DCS updates are only pushed on Fridays.* I wouldn't get my hopes up on the F-5 being released this Friday as they very recently said the infamous "two weeks".

Edit: Also yes, DCS has to update in order for a new module to be released.

*DCS doesn't always update on Fridays. Oops.

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

We are in July-August...And they said that was released in July-August

Yes. But next Friday is also in that window. And the one after that. And the one after that...

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

The latest newsletter said that:

We and Belsimtek are in the final stages of getting the F-5E Tiger II ready for its Early Access release! We expect this to be in the next week or two, so take advantage of the pre-purchase 20% off price now, while it lasts.

In the next two weeks, keep your eyes open for F-5E Tiger II previews.

So we are close just wait a little bit more. Just a bit.

So sometime in July or August.

That does not mean tomorrow.

there is still more then a week left of July and then then all of August.

So July-August only means sometime before the last of August.

:doh:

Well, you know:

Yes. But next Friday is also in that window. And the one after that. And the one after that...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You will notice, when they released the EA for the F-5 - until them, keep releaxed!

July-August was only a time frame of a potential release - never a fixed date.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Yes but they've openly said that they're getting close to release so I'd be cautiously optimistic that we're going to see it pretty soon. I don't see it slipping past the July-August window that they gave themselves. If that happens it happens but right now it doesn't look that way.

STOP!

Before this goes any further, no. DCS updates are only pushed on Fridays. I wouldn't get my hopes up on the F-5 being released this Friday as they very recently said the infamous "two weeks".

Edit: Also yes, DCS has to update in order for a new module to be released.

DCS updates when a patch is ready. It was never stated that updates will be released on friday only.

Took Friday as a vacation hoping to have it to fly...so...

Wow, an optimist!! I truly hope you're right, I didn't take the day off but it's a pretty light one to begin with so if she comes... I'll be ready!!!:pilotfly:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

I've already finished learning the systems, procedures and performance data, so I'm ready any time :)

Yep, full manual read and studied in detail. Will also likely get the Maple Flag campaign...bring it I say ! :pilotfly:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.