Feedback and General Questions for Video Updates

I just say WOW thanks for the Livestream and nice Flying and landing with the Su27!

My brother stepped in my room and thought I was watching some jet documentarie - that speaks for itself ^^

You guys do a great job! Take all the time you need to release it - when you think its time, it will be perfect!

Regards and thx again,

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the chat logs I saw;

RWR sounds lower or OFF as it overwhelms everything else

Matt speak louder

Turn off windows / skype or other notifications

Users with slower connection want to have option on quality.

IMHO, having Wags face in the top left corner doesn't nothing to the feed. Just having voice is fine

I enjoyed every second of the live stream.

Looking at the chat once in a while I noticed some viewers had problems with the high rez stream. Lag and buffering issues because of slow internet connections.

Perhaps an idea to have the option to choose from 360 up to 1080 resolution?

Don't know if that is possible with Twitch anyway but just my two cents.

Well sadly, my internet connection isn't upto streaming Twitch. Managed to get 20 mins of footage before it fell over and now it keeps stopping every 5 secs. Making it bloody impossible to watch. I'm about to throw this bloody IPad out of the window.

On the bright side, what I did see looked very impressive. Sadly it's obvious that it currently isn't very stable, which obviously means it's gonna be a little time yet, before we see it released, but hell I paid for the NTTR map back In 2010 I think, so a few more months isn't gonna make any difference.

Loved the graphics, the frame rate was impressive given all the scenery detail, it's certainly giving me hope that she will still run on my machine. I can't wait to take my Huey and spend and good few hrs transiting that map.

I appreciate Wags has asked us not to record it and stream after this event, and I'm fairly sure if anyone did it would be taken down fairly quickly. Sadly from a personally selfish point of view, I really really hope Wags changes his mind and allows this to be shown on YouTube. I don't care about the crashes and the errors, it's an alpha for gods sake, but I would love to be able to watch it through without the pauses, and my twitch app crashing. Just because even with the issues it's still pretty bloody stunning.

Fantastic work guys. Truely stunning work.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Thanks for an outstandning overview. It was very enjoyable to see how far you have come in Alpha stage. Looks very promising.

Looking forward to even more of these showings.

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

I enjoyed every second of the live stream.

Looking at the chat once in a while I noticed some viewers had problems with the high rez stream. Lag and buffering issues because of slow internet connections.

Perhaps an idea to have the option to choose from 360 up to 1080 resolution?

Don't know if that is possible with Twitch anyway but just my two cents.

Twitch does have quality options, but you have to be a partnered streamer. Wags doesn't appear to be. The partnership requirements are quite vague, but it's along the lines of a regular stream with over 500 viewers on average. Also, you have to apply for it. They won't contact you AFAIK.

The stream itself was very good 8after the first crashes), with a good resolution, as well.

Maybe, Wags should disable this programm (sounds like Outlook "new mail"), which peeps sometimes and creates the ingame lags.

Best regards,

Fire

PS: F-5E as an own DCS module symbol? :huh:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe, Wags should disable this programm (sounds like Outlook "new mail"), which peeps sometimes and creates the ingame lags.

PS: F-5E as an own DCS module symbol? :huh:

Those were pop-ups due to the new ATC system having bugs.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Stunning graphics.

Great sounds of missles and airplanes!!!!

The errors where very acceptable.

The quality and sound where good.

Do the next stream on record. Now i did record all on my hdd.

And in my opinion is there only now a narrow gap before release alpha.:thumbup::pilotfly:

Looking forward to the next stream.

Period...a new build a new stream.

I must say i understand now far more that the alpha has pushed further because of this stream. Thank you very much and i have now much more understanding for waiting for release.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I'd also like to see a quick couple of units placed via the new satellite feature in the ME just to get a better idea of what we will see when creating new missions.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Big Thanks to Matt and the Guys from DCS:thumbup:Over all not to bad:megalol: Pretty Damn Cool If you ask Me!!:joystick::pilotfly::smartass::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Huge Big thanks for doing this and showing this wonderful future...:thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by VIKBELL
spelling

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Thanks for streaming matt. Quick question, why can't you go ahead and push edge out and give us something to look forward to? I don't see why edge is tied to the NTTR map?

Thanks

From the DCS Newsletter a few days ago: "Despite our best efforts over the past six months, DCS World 2 has not yet achieved the quality level and features that we require for an open alpha release."

And you don't see EDGE being tied to the NTTR map ... because it isn't - how do you come to that conclusion anyway?

The bit that stood out for me was climbing out over Vegas in the F-15. It was like watching real-life footage from the 'Discovery Channel'. Many thanks for doing this live stream. Hopefully there's a lot more to come.

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Overall it was a good demonstation, a few early crashes but we were warned by Matt so no big deal. Regular streams of progress going forward would be great. Thanks again Matt

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Very nice to see how the game looks in real time!

Thanks for streaming that! Would tune in again for sure!

Looking forward to seeing the helo's down low too!

Will there be an option in the new ME to change coalition countries "on the fly"?

Grimes made an ME mod that allows one to do that and it is a really nice feature! Especially when you are halfway through making a mission, and realize you left out a needed country.

Thanks again for listening and all the work you all are doing!

Cheers!

Tazman

I will remember you said that

DCS2/EDGE can run without NTTR, but NTTR can not run without DCS2/EDGE. And according to the news letter, DCS2 is not yet ready to be released - afaik it is nowhere hinted that DCS2 is delayed because NTTR has issues.