Sound off Air Force members(any country)!

I notice there was some people from the Air or Naval forces that play this game so i figured id make this thread to do a little roll call. If this is a repost you may beat me with an ostrich.

I am in the USAF as an avionics tech that has worked on the MC-130H Combat Talon II in AFSOC (Air Force Special Operations Command) and now i live my days as a guardsman for the KC-135 Tanker.. the KC-135 is MUCH easier to work on but id be lying if i say i didnt miss the days watching the Talon II fly around (even though the unit was a pain!).

Having a background with radar systems i was really impressed by the realism this game brings. I hope the Lock On series continues on for a very long time :).

I notice there was some people from the Air or Naval forces that play this game so i figured id make this thread to do a little roll call.

Retired USAF (1961 - 1981). Was an Explosive Ordnance Disposal tech (E-7) when I retired. Never a pilot but I did have a combat tour in Vietnam as a lead gunner on an AC-119K gunship (crew of 10 or 11)...enough excitement for one life ;)

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

I spent over three years in the RAF during the war – that is to say the Cold War – during which time I drank tea, played volley ball and drank more tea. I rose through the ranks to reach the grade of SAC.

Computer games (or PCs for that matter) didn’t exist in those days, although many hours were spent gawping at Vulcans and Buccaneers. However, one day I did get a peek at the brand new A-10A ground attack aircraft. The RAF didn’t have any smart weapons back then; bombs were simply attracted to their targets by the force of gravity.

I had a ground job, but I did fly on a number of special missions to Guernsey in the Channel Islands in de Havilland Devons. Most RAF aircraft returned from their sorties as little lighter in weight – we always returned home considerably heavier!! It was very hush-hush so don’t mention it to anyone else.

Here’s a picture of a very young me. I’m the ugly one.

RAFNov79.jpg

And here's that new fangled A-10A.

RAFWoodbridge.jpg

Long time ago... beyond seven seas and seven mountains...

Basically, I was just mopin around Eglin and Hurlburt and... aligator farm at

Ft Rudder (doing nothing:D )

:thumbup: I had almost 6 years combined between Eglin AFB & Hurlburt Fld. (late 60's early 70's) ... loved that area -- including the snakes and aligators and SF troops we supported sometimes :)

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Guest Cali
Sorry for barging in like this but, which one of those three are you?

I mean, all three are ugly. <runs away> :D

LMAO :0

USAF AMMO Veteran

I'm still on active duty for the past 22 years, working in the Ordnance or better known as AMMO. The Air Force Specialty Code title for 7-Levels is Munitions Systems Craftsman. I've worked with A-10s for the longest time in all of my career, starting at Myrtle Beach SC when the 354th Tactical Fighter Wing, comprised of the 353d Panthers Ftr Sqdn, 355th Falcons F.S., and the 356th Demons F.S. I've served at three other CONUS bases, and have also been in Europe at Hahn Air Base Germany from 86-88, and Kunsan AB, ROK from 94-95.

I'll retire in March 07 with 23 years of service.

I bought Lock On because of the A-10 only, but have experimented in flying all of the other aircraft, but not in online action. I want to do what AMMO Troops love to do, watch the AMMO make the mission and fulfill the AMMO CREED: "Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country."

I'm waiting for Black Shark to be released, because I love flying attack choppers too.

~S~

Sniper121

Sniper121

DCS A-10C Beta Pilot

USAF Retired AMMO Troop (461X0/2W0X1)

AMMO Creed: "Providing The Enemy The Opportunity to Die for their country"

System Specs: XPS710 Intel Core2Quad©2.66GHz (4 CPUs)/4GB RAM@1066MHz/nVidia GF260GTX 896MB DDR3 PCIe x2 SLI/SB X-Fi/TM Cougar HOTAS-Ü2NXT Mod/SimPed F16/C Rudder Control System & TM Cougar MFD/TrackIR5 & TrackClipPro®.

1974-1998 retired SMSgt. 14 years in Command Post/Combat Plans (274/1C3) and 10 years in Logistics Plans (661/2G0).

Best assignment: Either Hickam AFB Hawaii 1974-1978 or RAF Fairford, UK 1993-1995

Most interesting assignment: Galena Combat Alert Center, Galena Airport, AK 1980-81 "Top Cover for America"

ak1a2eh.th.jpgak2a7ob.th.jpgak3a0oi.th.jpg ak4a2ur.th.jpggalena7gu.th.jpg

6 months, from sept 2002 to march 2003 regular military service in the Bulgarian Air Force as EWR station operator. I operated the PRV-13 "Slon"(elephant in english) 3-coordinate radar and I was the "eyes" of the GCI controllers when the target went into low profile.

Current status: Kamov-32 leading engineer in a private company.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Four years USAF from 1972-1976.

I was technician on a nuclear missile system called the Hound Dog (AGM-28B):

http://www.aero-web.org/specs/northam/agm-28b.htm

The Hound Dog was phased out in 1974 replaced with the AGM-69 SRAM

I was crosstrained as a journalist my final two years. Quite a change in direction, huh?

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

Guest Cali
Active duty for 9 years now, currently serving with the USAF Thunerbirds

Part of "The Team" how do you like it?

Swartz Reporting in, Currently in the USAF Stationed at Dyess AFB, Tx, working on the B-1B Lancer. Current job title is a Aircraft Armament Systems. I load the munitions on everything that can carry them. I.E F-16, F-15, A-10, AC-130, and so on. I have been in 2 and a half years and about to sew on SrA on the 23rd. Just another pay raise. Just have one to say though, regarding Sniper 121s post "working in the Ordnance or better known as AMMO".

If your not AMMO your waiting on them. :P All in good fun.

Out

Did my mandatory year in the military here in Norway in the RNoAF (Royal Norwegian Air Force), working as a CrewChief Assistant, F-16's, doing pre/through/postflight, light maintnance, RS-15's and other odd jobs including but not limited to birdbath (exterior washdown), assisting in dock-work (taking off and putting on hatches, engine-changes etc). All in all a very fun and rewarding year.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Because then the enemy would know what you can detect, how you display it, etc ... might be able to tell how to defeat the RWR also.

And it might reveal 'sources and methods'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

USAF weaponz troop stationed at good ole Mountain Home AFB Started air force life on b-1bs and now i work on F-15Cs. I work backshop which means i get to tear all the missle launchers and gun systems apart for inspections