Questions for next DCS Stream

Q: What is about the sonic boom effect. Will it be simulated in DCS Wold 2?

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice list!

+1 for you.

You forgot a new line in one plane, the line with the data cardridge. EDIT: Also it is cartridge with t I think.

And I also thought about two more questions:

Q: Will it be possible to fly with multiple players in one package?

Q: With the AI improvements, will it be possible for the AI to take lead? (even if it works simple, I don't expect orders for tactical turns and such things over the comms)

EDIT:

Q: Will the clouds be synchronized between clients in MP so I can hide behind them?

Q: And what about thermic effects. Not that important for jets but for the WW2 planes.

EDIT:

Q: Will the replay bug be fixed in DCSW2?

EDIT:

Q: Will the clouds block AI line of sight?

EDIT: And while we are at it:

Q: Are there going to be new ground units in DCSW2.0? Like medium altitude flak (57mm or something).

Q: About the new AI: Will that also affect ground units? For example AAA firing at you more intelligently. A group of AAA units in real life would place barrage fire into different spots around you to hit you wherever you move.

Q: Is there going to be something like FARPs for fixed wing aircraft (for WW2)?

Q: Will it be possible to spawn and/or land AI Helis everywhere on the map, to pick up troops for example?

Edited by Aginor

here's a question...

in the multiplayer interface we are currently unable to edit or modify the given waypoints

can that ever be changed in the future??

somehow give us even limited access to the mission editor in the multiplayer interface so we can plan routes and make navigation easier

--

and, maybe the next logical step.. SOMEday it sure would be nice to have a "mission commander" position available to edit and task air units in the multiplayer environment

like CA, but for air

thx, ED : )

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Q: Expected see some type of improvements on civilian aircraft's (Civilian modules) and something similar to FSX / X-Plane / P3D functionality with airways, SID, STAR, etc on the aerial component of the DCS: World on the future?

Q: ED have plans to improve cargo and troop transport operations on aircraft's and helos in the future on DCS Word.

Q: Has ED planned make pilot-able ground modules with multi-crew (military and civilian) and other improvements, into DCS: W on the future.

Q: We see in the future some improvement on the sea environment after carrier operations or has a future to do to future plans.

Adding to the SD's first question:

Q: When operating around Mc Carran airport, will it be possible to interact with civilian ATC to take-off / land?

Will our flight be 'integrated' into the civillian traffic ? = Will we see civilian aircraft take-off / land at Mc Carran?

Second question:

Q: Will the collidable trees block the Line of Sight of the A.I. (radar, optical systems, eyeball Mk1) ?

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Will it be possible to have the new maps installed onto a separate hard drive, or will it be necessary for them to be co-located with the main DCS World file structure?

My SSD drive is getting pretty full, and I'd like to just install an additional drive instead of transferring everything to a bigger main drive.

Will it be possible to have the new maps installed onto a separate hard drive, or will it be necessary for them to be co-located with the main DCS World file structure?

My SSD drive is getting pretty full, and I'd like to just install an additional drive instead of transferring everything to a bigger main drive.

It would be nice feature but even if it's not supported you can always make a symbolic link even between different HDDs in Windows. I use it all the time. The trouble would be if DCS would not follow the link but so far it works well for things like missions - links work fine.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

/OT

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Question for the next Stream about the new sound engine:

In a multiplayer/cooperative environment, it would be great to be able to use the onboard radios as a VoiP, through the use of the correct radio and frequencies with a sound quality that is altered by the environment along with a radio sound effect filter, like

. Is such a feature considered?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Question: Will you model jetwash to be able to feel aircraft rocking when behind and close to other taxing jet, and inflight to feel turbulence?

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

Q. Could we see an example of the new metallic effect for Sabres and Mustangs skins in the next streaming?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Q: Is huge performance (FPS) drop when firing 6 .50s in P-51D fixed in DCS World 2?

Q. Could we see an example of the new metallic effect for Sabres and Mustangs skins in the next streaming?

+1

Edited by T}{OR

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Q: Are there any plans to make airports occupied by functional workers and vehicles? e.g. Fire Engines come out to spray down bad landings, refueling trucks or even ground crew rearming the aircraft (even if they just stand around and move their arms about to look busy)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

AWACS /CAP / KA-50/SU25/A10/Ect

Any Present or future plans to look at AI AWACS specifically directing allied aircraft flying in multiplayer to cover Ground attack aircraft when enemy aircraft breach a specific threat circle surrounding the ground attack aircraft .

Can we also perhaps get a view of how the depth of field/heat haze/blur/lens flare+dust effects will work? Thank u so much for leaving it as an option for graphicophiles like myself. I know purists may despise them. But I am glad these are being considered for the mainstream graphics appeal.

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|