Questions for next DCS Stream

• ED Team
Going for all the Marbles here.

QUESTION for Matt: Will we see the NTTR map released this year(2015) as either an Alpha or Beta release? Or, what are the Odds we will see the NTTR map released in either an Alpha or Beta state this year(2015)?:joystick:

I understand all things are subject to change, but I think many here would Honestly like to know your best Educated answer to either of these two questions.

Thanks for your consideration, and thanks for the Live Streams, they are awesome.

S!Blade<><

He is not going to answer questions about release dates, this update is such a huge undertaking, its become nearly impossible to guesstimate when it will be done. They have tried that and people take any such guestimates and assume they are carved in stone, so dont count on him to respond in any way to this, sorry.

Be sure thought, they want it out as soon as possible, but it wont be released until they are happy with the quality, even in Alpha form.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am imagining a well-involved firefight somewhere in downtown LV. Is it possible to see a hotel or some type of large building get hit?

Do power lines do the same damage as collidable trees? Many power lines are almost impossible to see from a fast mover: will the visibility of these power lines be reduced to better reflect reality? (In 1961, a low-flying French military plane cut the cables of a cable car between the Helbronner peak and the Aiguille du Midi and in 1998, an EA-6B Prowler on a low altitude training mission cut the cables supporting the aerial tramway-style cable car from Cavalese in Italy. (The plane had wing and tail damage but was able to return to its base, Aviano Air Base.)

ATC improvements were mentioned. Could we hear some examples? Will realistic marshalling be simulated?

In 1988, in the SOH, an Iranian Airbus A300 wandered into a naval skirmish and was mistakenly shot down by the U.S.S. Vincennes becaise the U.S. Navy captain, Will Rogers III, mistook the Airbus for an F-14. So goes the Fog of War. With NTTR and SOH, how will the dangers of civilian traffic be simulated? Will the different modes of IFF be simulated?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Matt,

In your next stream, could you mention sometimg about what DCS2 might have in store for carrier operations? Specifically if you plan on releasing a reworked CVN with DCS2.

Thanks for all your efforts to keep us informed. It is very much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

This is the last time this will be stated:

Only post questions pertaining to the announced features. All others will be removed including answers to questions posted by others. If you all cannot follow this simple direction then I will close this thread and so will end the Q&As.

Myself and the moderators are getting tired of having to clean up this thread.

Does the scaling option (I know it's not scaling i forgot the exact name) also apply to weapons? (Missiles , etc) and will it work regardless of FOV , so can we play at a higher FOV and still benefit from it? This would improve immersion a lot i think since higher FOV gives a better sense of speed and overall "feeling" of the airplane.

Just a little extra info i am under the impression that it works by always having atleast 1 pixel rendered so technically the effect should be identical at any FOV, right?

I hope this option is considered one of the announced features...

will combined arms feature at ANY point in time, a clickable hi-fi Abrams?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

[ lead in to question ] the story regarding VGA cards and their settings and support for the sim, or indeed vga/ Dx version itself, is understood with research... ie, on my machine, I find it best to set AA and Aniso etc to Application Controlled and turn Auto Threading/ Buffering OFF (just to keep the lead in simple) for the current DCS version [ / lead in ]

How do the various card properties Settings affect the running of the new engine?

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Q: Will there be different Sea States which affect the carrier ? e.g. cause it to pitch/roll with the sea ?

Q: Will I they add the ability to change the chatter on the Russian Side to English (not just subtitles)? It is breaks the realism if I am supposed to be Russian and cannot understand the comms.

thanks

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Q: Combined Arms. Shared cockpits. Which if any features are planned for sharing a vehicle, particularly in multiplayer?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

In 4:17 of the recorded stream the smoke of destroyed vehicles is drifting in another direction as the smoke from nearby smokestacks.

Q: Will this be adressed in DCSW 2.0?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Combined Arms:

Q: To further immersed players when playing Combined Arms, is there a plan to add different cockpits and interiors to drivable military vehicles in the near future?

Q: We understand ED has been working on skeleton animation for infantry, will we be able to play as infantry in a foreseeable future?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Water in EDGE

You mentioned in one of your streams that the water will no longer look like it's "under" the terrain. Is this because the water is no longer just a flat plane under the terrain, and if not, does that mean we can get some of the same "effects" that were enhanced for the ocean water but not rivers and streams that were at a higher elevation?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --