Aileron / elevator trim axes switched -- force feedback

With my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, the elevator and aileron trim are reversed.

When I fly the P-51 and turn the knob for elevator, my stick moves from left to right.

Similarly, if I move the aileron trim knob with the mouse, my stick moves forward and back.

In Su-27 the trim hat switch is flipped, with similar results (trim forward = aileron L or R).

I am pretty sure that this is due to how trim works with the force feedback, changing the center position of the stick. The axes must be flipped in the code that adjusts the center position.

Edit: thanks for the reply, I neglected to check the FF tune box.

Edited by g590

With my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, the elevator and aileron trim are reversed.

When I fly the P-51 and turn the knob for elevator, my stick moves from left to right.

Similarly, if I move the aileron trim knob with the mouse, my stick moves forward and back.

In Su-27 the trim hat switch is flipped, with similar results (trim forward = aileron L or R).

I am pretty sure that this is due to how trim works with the force feedback, changing the center position of the stick. The axes must be flipped in the code that adjusts the center position.

Do you tried “swap axis” checkbox in “FF tune” settings?

Screen.thumb.jpg.baad212cd1d733badb3087309465351d.jpg

Рожденный ползать летит недолго.