JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Britchot

A few of us over at JG-1 have developed the following checklist for the MiG-21. It is made so it can be printed in a booklet form and use one page, front and back, and then folded for simplicity. I will be laminating mine now that the revisions will be farther apart. I took this formatting inspiration from my flying club's DA-40 checklist :pilotfly:

This checklist is based on the game release manual with a few additions from previous checklists for DCS and what I thought would be commonly used actions. There is a bit of subjective input within this checklist and I'm sure that there will be criticism from the pilots here, that is actually why I've made it public. Please voice your suggestions below and I will take each one under consideration for revision.

I kept the emergency procedures very short, as I don't see these in my normal DCS life. If additions are necessary, the cover page can be removed making another page available for text. I do intend to keep it within four booklet pages, though.

29.6.15: Added black and white version.

30.6.15: Corrected date and typo in warnings table.

8.7.16: Added intercept regimes and created in-game kneeboard version. Intended to work with AlaskanGrizzly's DCS Kneeboard Builder.

20.2.18: Added SPRD and Pitot Heat switches to preflight.

22.2.18: Corrected title alignment on 4 page booklet.

MiG-21bis Checklist JG-1 Kneeboard v3.pdf

MiG-21bis Checklist JG-1 v3-1.pdf

MiG-21bis Checklist JG-1 v3-1 BW.pdf

Edited by Britchot
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Great stuff, but may I please suggest a b&w printer friendly version without the background image and the huge black boxes on the last page ? I would suggest to make them standard black text on white background please.

Edited by lanmancz
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Great stuff, but may I please suggest a b&w printer friendly version without the background image and the huge black boxes on the last page ? I would suggest to make them standard black text on white background please.

I created tables to replace the images of the warning panels on the last page and removed the background watermark. The pdf is saved in grayscale so it should look that way coming out of the printer. Very fine point you've made and I hope that I have provided a suitable alternative.

It is attached to the original post. The cover page's date doesn't match the header/footer date... I'll correct it in a later revision as I see it as a minor typo.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Looking very nice! Thanks a lot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

• 1 year later...

I've updated the two booklet printed versions to include the intercept takeoff regimes for both afterburner and full throttle settings.

I also created a larger font, smaller page version that is intended for use with the in-game kneeboard. It should work well with AlaskanGrizzly's DCS Kneeboard Builder. Though I have yet to try it out, personally.

Let me know if anyone has any issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I've updated the two booklet printed versions to include the intercept takeoff regimes for both afterburner and full throttle settings.

I also created a larger font, smaller page version that is intended for use with the in-game kneeboard. It should work well with AlaskanGrizzly's DCS Kneeboard Builder. Though I have yet to try it out, personally.

Let me know if anyone has any issues.

Well, since I tried installing the checklist for my Mig-21 kneeboard, nearly all pages of my kneeboard turned transparent. I already repaired DCS via steam but that doesn't help. But the checklist is visible on my other modules, the UH-1 and the BF-109

Well, since I tried installing the checklist for my Mig-21 kneeboard, nearly all pages of my kneeboard turned transparent. I already repaired DCS via steam but that doesn't help. But the checklist is visible on my other modules, the UH-1 and the BF-109

That's because of the bug in mig-21 kneeboard, which was introduced with 1.5.4.

@Britchot

Thanks for the checklist! :thumbup:

What do you mean by intercept regime? Have you found a way to model GCI intercepts for the 21? That with the Guardians ofthe Cauc. Campaign would be fantastic

Climb profile to intercept a target after a scramble takeoff. I extracted the data from paragraphs 202-205 in the MiG-21bis manual that was posted somewhere on this forum. My search is failing me but this post contains an excerpt of that section.

As for GCI, I haven't made one myself but a squadmate of mine has put it into our practice mission so I know that there is a way. I've flown several B-52 intercepts from a cold ramp start with my squadron.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing Sir, i do appreciate it very much.

MiG21bis is outstanding and exciting.

Leo

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)