Hight-adjustable joystick-stand from a $15 IKEA table.

So I was walking around IKEA with my special someone, looking at stuff to buy for our new appartment. Then I saw this laptop-stand, and I got an idea. I have been looking for a joystick-stand for my TMWH stick that is hight-adjustable.

I turned it over, and found that the tabletop is held to the stand via a round, plastic platform, about the size of the TMWH stick base. Some new drilled holes and it should fit nicely. And it was only $15.

So I bought it, and drilled the new holes. It works like a charm!

This is the table, as intended. Called Svartåsen at IKEA.

attachment.php?attachmentid=119041&d=1435344569

And this is the result. It is actually really solid, no jiggle at all.

attachment.php?attachmentid=119043&d=1435344652

1055991588_Svartsen.png.33e6c3f0047df5acdae2ecb179f6e74a.png

TMWHstand.thumb.png.16d08de7cee7354f90c66caa3c372899.png

All Modules | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR |

Not sure about the throttle I'm affraid. The platform is not big enough to hold the TMWH throttle.

Min. hight is 47cm, and Max is 77cm.

All Modules | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR |

How about if you keep the top plate?

Isn't it big enough for the TMWH throttle?

And is it solid enough for that?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I just bought one, very easy to install, there is some plastic cutting but nothing difficult (*).

It's quite stable except it will slide or tip if you apply full deflection on the stick without a bit of downward pressure with your hand (the stand itself is very light, the base is made of plastic).

Highly recommended for a quick'n'cheap setup :thumbup:

(*) I cut the rim around the stick base so I could put it between my legs.

Edited by PiedDroit

I just bought one, very easy to install, there is some plastic cutting but nothing difficult (*).

It's quite stable except it will slide or tip if you apply full deflection on the stick without a bit of downward pressure with your hand (the stand itself is very light, the base is made of plastic).

Highly recommended for a quick'n'cheap setup :thumbup:

(*) I cut the rim around the stick base so I could put it between my legs.

please photo :D

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

wuao! Thanks ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• 3 weeks later...

Having done this yesterday i consider it a waste of money, the plastic of the foot is just too soft and flexes all over the place with the Warthog on it.

Even for its intended use i can't see how using a foot with this little rigidity was a good idea.

Having done this yesterday i consider it a waste of money, the plastic of the foot is just too soft and flexes all over the place with the Warthog on it.

Even for its intended use i can't see how using a foot with this little rigidity was a good idea.

I clamped them in to my table. They are excellent now, with room for a mouse.

Behold my elite flight sim setup, super comfy, super cheap, super small (the rudder is not on the photo, but there's one):

LOL I also use a cardboard box for a throttle stand. I am trying to fiddle around with my setup atm, maybe I will try this. Since buying a saitek yoke for civvie things it really gets in the way. This table could be the answer to my dreams... well sort of.

;2438566']LOL I also use a cardboard box for a throttle stand. I am trying to fiddle around with my setup atm' date=' maybe I will try this. Since buying a saitek yoke for civvie things it really gets in the way. This table could be the answer to my dreams... well sort of.[/quote']

So far I only added a velcro strap between the stick mount and the chair (the kind of velcro you use to tie cables, bought in 15m rolls).

As long as you have a way to tie it or weight it down, this stand is definitely a great option (or a great interim/test test setup).