Second: CASoldier - 12.3 feet

Third: Priller: 14.7 feet

Su-25T Team Competition

Winner: 373 vFS (Vassilis, Mav, Greg) - 20.7 feet

A-10C less than 4,000 feet

Winner: Calacorm

Second: Bears89

Third: Schnarre

Welcome to this month’s DCS: World Virtual Gunsmoke Competition! This competition will feature bomb delivery in one of two categories: the Su-25T Frogfoot or the A-10C Warthog. Each category requires three bomb delivery passes on a target. Your score will be determined by calculating the average distance of the three bombs from the target.

Overview Video:

How to compete:

1. Download and fly one of the two missions attached at the bottom of this post while following the rules below.

2. Save the .trk replay file by selecting SAVE TRACK from the debrief screen at the end of the mission.

3. Submit the .trk file for scoring by attaching it to a reply to this thread, by providing a download link, or by e-mailing it directly to bunyapsims(at)gmail.com. Be sure to include the name you wish to go by with the submission.

4. Optionally, pilots with Tacview 1.3.3 may help me out by submitting the tacview acmi file along with your .trk replay to aid me in the scoring process.

Note: Someone is bound to point out that .trk replays are prone to losing sync and and do not always represent precisely what happened while flying the mission in real-time. I made several test runs of both missions and found that the difference in impact points between live and replay was never more than 1-2 feet for the type of releases we are performing. Dispersion of that size averaged over three releases is smaller than our ability to measure anyway and should not be a factor. If you still have any doubt, feel free to include your own tacview acmi along with your .trk and I will use yours for scoring.

The submission deadline is 31 Jul 2015 at 2359 EDT. Feel free to practice as many times as you would like but you may make only one submission.

Some of the better attack runs will be included in periodic update videos so please let me know by PM if, for some reason, you would rather not be highlighted by name.

Feel free to talk about your performance and show one of your own attacks but remember, displaying your own total score guarantees somebody else will work hard enough to beat it and is not in your own best interest!

Individual Category Rules:

Su-25T Frogfoot

NiALNwH.jpg

The Su-25T Frogfoot competition is intended for new players and consists of three individual FAB-100 bomb deliveries on the target. There are no restrictions on weapons delivery mode or technique; however, “gimmicky” methods such as low speed passes at 10 feet, crashing into the target on the third pass, etc., will result in disqualification. Pilots who compete in the A-10 Warthog competition may not compete in the Su-25 Frogfoot.

Requirements:

Number of Releases: 3

Weapon Type: FAB-100

HUD Mode: Any

Release Mode: Single

Altitude: Any

Airspeed: Any

Dive Angle: Any

A-10C Warthog

fdY7k2f.jpg

The A-10C Warthog competition is intended for experienced players and consists of three individual Mk-82 CCIP deliveries on the target. Wind will be a factor and should be taken into account when planning and executing your attacks. A minimum pull-out altitude of 4,000 feet ABOVE GROUND LEVEL is in effect. Pilots are responsible for determining the target altitude, making any barometric altitude conversions, and ensuring the dive angle and release altitude they choose allows them to pull out of any dive before exceeding the limit. Flying below 4,000 ft AGL during any weapons delivery pass will result in a score of 1,000 ft for that pass; however, pilots may make low passes over the target for BDA, photo-ops, etc, at any other time without penalty.

Requirements:

Number of Releases: 3

Weapon Type: Mk-82

HUD Mode: CCIP (the 3/9 or 5 mil CCIP CR option is authorized)

Release Mode: Single

Minimum Pull-out Altitude: 4,000 feet AGL

Airspeed: Any

Dive Angle: Any

Squadron Competition Rules:

Squadron members wishing to compete as a team in one or the other airframe may do so by including their squadron affiliation with each individual submission. A minimum of three submissions are required from each squadron for that squadron to qualify. The top three individual scores from each squadron will be combined to determine the total team score. Pilots competing as part of a squadron are also eligible to compete as individuals and need only make one submission.

Scoring:

The following process will be used: The .trk replay file submitted by the pilot will be run on my system to verify no changes were made to the mission, verify only the authorized delivery modes were used, and to generate the Tacview .acmi file used for scoring. The bomb impacts will be measured in Tacview from the point the bomb contacted the ground to the 0,0,0 point on the target model, about the middle of the tank chassis at ground level. The distance from the target in feet for all three releases will be averaged to determine the player’s total score.

Prizes:

For now, pilots will be competing for bragging rights but I may include something more suitable if participation and interest is high enough. First, second, and third place winners from each category will be highlighted and full results will be released once all entries are scored.

Helpful Videos:

Current Submissions:

These are the current competitors whose results have been scored. If you have submitted a file and do not see your name here within 3-4 days let me know.

Su-25T Frogfoot:

Kolga

CASoldier

The Colonel

Jeff (Digll)

Mav

Cvah

Greg

Vassilis

Worther

Priller

JACyo

Mezzanine

A-10C Warthog:

Alaskan Grizley

Silent Gun

Schnarre

Bman

Derbysieger

Tuk

Bears89

Kimi

Calacorm

Recon Stewart

Proteuswave

MajorFrantic

Arclight

Aemvee

Daredevil

Wardog

Mission Files:

(Place in your C:UsersXXXXXSaved GamesDCSMissions folder. They will be visible in-game at Missions ---> My Missions)

Su-25T Bombing Comp - July 2015.miz

A-10C Bombing Comp - July 2015.miz

Gunsmoke Spreadsheet - July 2015.zip

Edited by Bunyap

I have a question, are we supposed to aim for the tank every time or just a point on the ground? because after playing the mission, the tank will move around after the first bomb gets near.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I have a question, are we supposed to aim for the tank every time or just a point on the ground? because after playing the mission, the tank will move around after the first bomb gets near.

You should go for the tank every time.

Sorry about that, I see what you mean now. I thought the "hold" action assigned at the waypoint was keeping him in place but I suppose not. Oh well, he never goes far. :)

Use a trigger to shut off the group/unit AI or use the advanced waypoint option disperse under fire so it doesn't move when shot at.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I actually started with a static object but could find no way of making it "immortal" and keeping it from being destroyed. That is key to the method I am using to make the measurements.

Grimes, I am going to leave it as-is but thanks for the suggestion.

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

Another question is: Has this always been a thing? you say in the first post "welcome to this month's DCS: World Virtual Gunsmoke Competition!" but I don't remember seeing any other Gunsmoke competition's in the previous months.

Here's my entry for the T-Frog

EDIT: The TacView file is in the zip!

Kolga SU-25T July 2015.trk

Kolga SU-25T July 2015.zip

Edited by kolga

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

i did a try as well ...even streamed it ... quite hard without the windcorrection over the laste

:music_whistling:

so i decided to do it for every 1k ft ... works like a charm

initial altitude about 8k ft

release about 5kft ... and i think i came out allways over 4k ft... :joystick:

sent the file to your Email :)

the file here is just the tacview file

DCS Gunsmoke 2015 =STP=Schnarre A10C.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Here is the first update. Pretty good results so far!

Woogey, maybe next time. Let me see how things go and how hard it is to keep things organized and I'll try to expand it in the future.

Thanks for the update! And you pronounced my (fake) name right!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Gave it a go in the A-10C:

[gspb]Derbysieger_Gunsmoke_July_2015.trk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2