Harrier has return?

Silver_Dragon

Harrier is STOL not VTOL. Well it can only become VTOL without ordenance and when its low on fuel :-(

The Harrier is a S/VTOL aircraft. It can take-off vertically but the weight limitations make that impractical. Basically all you can load is a pair of AIM-9s, cannon ammo and half fuel.

The FSX version was really hard. But I manage to create a real vectorial thrust system despite the limitations. Plenty of grief from people who couldn't understand that the hover feature has severe limitations and it is used more as a controlled crash system than a real hover.

All those Harriers hovering videos do not help, since people do not understand that the aircraft being showcased was unloaded except for the fuel.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I just spent the last 3 hours watching harrier videos on you tube because you lot.... :joystick::pilotfly:

Thank you.:thumbup:

P.S. a GR7 would be perfect.:D

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Screenshot does not make module. Let's remind RAZBAM Harrier history.

Harrier was announced maybe three years ago, had its own thread here on forum and it was deleted maybe a year ago because of community anger and no progress. I don't believe it will ever be released into DCS. Maybe yes, but RAZBAM will not be a part of it. RAZBAM works mainly on FSX modules and after 3 or 4 years of their licensed developer status there is no released aircraft, not even close to release.

But yes, ooooooh, they keep DCS in mind. Let me tell you something. Me too. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Screenshot does not make module. Let's remind RAZBAM Harrier history.

Harrier was announced maybe three years ago, had its own thread here on forum and it was deleted maybe a year ago because of community anger and no progress. I don't believe it will ever be released into DCS. Maybe yes, but RAZBAM will not be a part of it. RAZBAM works mainly on FSX modules and after 3 or 4 years of their licensed developer status there is no released aircraft, not even close to release.

But yes, ooooooh, they keep DCS in mind. Let me tell you something. Me too. :pilotfly:

Have you been following anything in last few months (especially the last few days)?

Yes, I have. It is in progress with no deadline.

And what do you think about Harrier? RAZBAM have very, very bad history in DCS community and I am surprised that it looks like everyone forgot it.

True. Give us official announcement, estimated release date or at least news date and we will be much more positive about it. I believe they will release next aircraft, but most likely for FSX and not DCS.

Well I think that Razbam was telling since start that they are waiting for DCS 2.0 because of the Naval ops. ED was telling us 3 years in a row that 2.0 will come out at end of the particular year. So whos fault it is in the end? Now DCS 2.0 is at last done at gues what, Razbam is releasing first module this year too. Coincidence?

• Like 1

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Well I think that Razbam was telling since start that they are waiting for DCS 2.0 because of the Naval ops. ED was telling us 3 years in a row that 2.0 will come out at end of the particular year. So whos fault it is in the end? Now DCS 2.0 is at last done at gues what, Razbam is releasing first module this year too. Coincidence?

And what prevented them from showing something to public? It doesn't mean, You can't develop Your module. All 3D and textures can be done before implementing it into new DCS. So it was just their excuse for promises promises....we always can get some EYE CANDY. :thumbup: But it's difficult to show something, when there is nothing created on their side.

Yes, I have. It is in progress with no deadline.

And what do you think about Harrier? RAZBAM have very, very bad history in DCS community and I am surprised that it looks like everyone forgot it.

In what context?

Right now, there are only two 3rd Party Developers who have actually released a full product. Belsimtek, which is made up of former ED employees and enjoys a special relationship with ED, and Leatherneck, who released the MiG-21. VEAO hasn't released a fully flight modeled Hawk despite releasing it last year, and AvioDev's C-101 has the same issue. Polychop, a fan made mod product that went pro has a better chance of releasing a module before either of those planes get done.

Frankly, RAZBAM doesn't seem that far behind the curve when looked at in that light. If they release this year, which they have stated repeatedly they will, it will be the second post 1960s fixed wing aircraft released to be complete, which would actually put them ahead of the game.

It's all relative.

In what context?

Right now, there are only two 3rd Party...

I am surprised that so many members are excited like if Harrier is going to be released tomorrow. RAZBAM didn't even say they refreshed development of it for DCS! I doubt it will ever come into DCS.

The developer was pretty annoying with its 6 or so announced modules. Every new forum member was like: "Eeeeh, loook, we are gonna have Harrier, Corsair, F-15E..." Then they went angry as hell when they realized that the development is dead. Over and over again the same story, questions and no replies.

It has nothing to do with the other developers and I don't want to compare them. But agree, VEAO have also ability to make people upset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Harrier has return?

The decisive point will be how many Mirages will they sell? I do not know how large is the FSX market which they occupy atm. but if Mirage will do good then we will see all the previously anounced titles and pretty fast too.

If I could guess then Mirage will do exceptionaly well due to its exlusivenes. It will be the first fully simulated recently modern fighter in DCS. But that of course counts with the fact that they will relese before Leatherneck and theirs yet unannounced "modern" jet too.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

The fact of the matter is that Razbam have released absolutely NOTHING.... for DCS.. NADA. So to compare them to any of the other 3rd party devs is insulting to them. I personally do not believe Razbam will ever provide anything for DCS as they are too entrenched in the MS Flight Simulator "Puppy Mill"... DCS is far too much work for them as long as they keep pumping out FSX crap and people keep paying for it..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

True. Give us official announcement, estimated release date or at least news date and we will be much more positive about it. I believe they will release next aircraft, but most likely for FSX and not DCS.

Nobody from razbam have made any announcement on the harrier, Only a estimate release of the mirage

Edit: Theres lots of pics of the mirage aswell in dcs 1.5/2.0

Edited by Coxy_99

The fact of the matter is that Razbam have released absolutely NOTHING.... for DCS.. NADA. So to compare them to any of the other 3rd party devs is insulting to them. I personally do not believe Razbam will ever provide anything for DCS as they are too entrenched in the MS Flight Simulator "Puppy Mill"... DCS is far too much work for them as long as they keep pumping out FSX crap and people keep paying for it..

I won't go into the FSX aspect, since I don't care, but frankly, I don't see how comparing them is insulting at all. LN and BST have released full modules, VEAO and AvioDev have not. If anything, VEAO and AvioDev should be sweating bullets because if RAZBAM finishes their Mirage before either company manages to finish their far more simplistic trainers, that certainly sends an interesting message to the community as to what they're demonstratively capable of.

I won't go into the FSX aspect, since I don't care, but frankly, I don't see how comparing them is insulting at all. LN and BST have released full modules, VEAO and AvioDev have not. If anything, VEAO and AvioDev should be sweating bullets because if RAZBAM finishes their Mirage before either company manages to finish their far more simplistic trainers, that certainly sends an interesting message to the community as to what they're demonstratively capable of.

There is just one thing, which makes them different. Others weren´t promising tons of content without any kind of progress. That´s what made people upset.

There is just one thing, which makes them different. Others weren´t promising tons of content without any kind of progress. That´s what made people upset.

VEAO has how many planes listed on their planned roster? They've got how many additional forum sections for other aircraft. I think you might not be looking at this quite as dispassionately as you should. While I agree, talking about other modules like the harrier is premature, given the context of the other third parties, I don't understand the hostility towards RAZBAM.

VEAO has how many planes listed on their planned roster? They've got how many additional forum sections for other aircraft. I think you might not be looking at this quite as dispassionately as you should. While I agree, talking about other modules like the harrier is premature, given the context of the other third parties, I don't understand the hostility towards RAZBAM.

I'm not hostile at all. Just stating facts. To be honest, I really don't care about any new module hype here, because I know, how it goes. I just wait, what ED announce. So no emotions on this one. I was just surprised, people are getting over-hyped by this.