DCS - Basic Trainer Airplane

Hueyman

DCS - Basic Trainer Airplane  

106 members have voted

1. 1. DCS - Basic Trainer Airplane

• YES - Diversity and useful tools like this trainer would be a nice addition to DCS !
    • NO - Nothing slower than M2.5, I'm a superpilot and don't need to master the basics !

I think (especially with the NTTR map) there is a place for the basic trainers.

While I might consider this one - I would certainly buy a de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk T mk10 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_DHC-1_Chipmunk). I flew one when I was an Air Cadet a few times.

However it would be for me more a trip down memory lane, rather than having it for the learning experience. (Though having a collection of Primary Trainer to Super Jet Fighter would make a collection complete.)

I'm with you there too, the Chippy was the first aircraft I flew with the ATC back in the early 1970s.

I like VEAO's idea of having the full course of flight training modelled from Grob to Typhoon :)

DCS Air Force Training Pack

BAE Hawk T.1A

Short Tucano

Grob G115E Tutor

Pilatus Pc21

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2122426&postcount=1

I thought I had seen a Chipmunk in their BBMF section of the road map, Ah well.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I can't speek for WW2 fans, but I see no point in having such a plane in a combat environnement...In real life, as many said, you die, but here you respawn.Taxiing and that kind of stuff was never a problem for me. Sure, at first, moving the TGP while moving the plane was hard for the first hour, but that's it.

It goes deeper than just training. Siming is not limited to physics or weapons employment. You can simulate a pilot's career. This is something that DCS currently doesn't really do and doesn't seem out of place at all (not that much is given the sandbox nature really).

I already wonder why we need a jet trainer
Why do we need anything? We don't. People want aircraft.

If it was just about flying in formation, we don't need the F-15, just use the basic Su-25T. If it's about dropping bombs we don't need the A-10, just use the Su-25T. If you want to humiliate people, we don't need trainers, just use the Su-25T.

If you want to flying a mission/campaign where a small nation with only light aircraft are going to war with insurgents or a mission/campaign that is training rather than actually combat (which is no less valid than a combat mission), then you need trainers. They are as necessary as every other plane.

So what will I say if they bring yet another trainer, but this time a civil one? Work on the god damn F-18 and edge already.
Why even say that? They have nothing to do with each other, and this point seems to be missed all the time. What do trainers have to do with F-18 and EDGE? Besides maybe attracting more players to make things better and more profitable?

As for new comers that never touched a stick before, I guess I could see the point, but only as a SFM and not ASM and cheap (so more like a mod) SO that after one week of grass mowing they know how to turn and can start handling big boys.
Maybe they will just use the trainers indefinitely.

Unfortunately, the poll choices are terrible, so no vote.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Actually guys, all you say is pretty valid and well defended, so it's just a matter of opinion.

We all invest in this sim, what it require to run smoothly, as well as flight controls hardware etc , for our own reasons, and we don't have to agree with other's wishes ( that's probably why devs don't give a heck about our wishes as it diverges so much, but do that they are interested in and what has potential ).

Still I can tell you, this kind of plane ( or the Chipmunk, or the T-6 Texan, or any military initial trainer ) would be loads of fun if delivered with appropriate campaign, with the true feel ( and pressure ) of having an IP sitting next to you, great voice overs and true dynamic missions, where all your actions are analyzed and greatly affect the mark of each of your training flights.

That's how it's done in real life, so it may be very interesting for aviation enthusiast to " live what it's like to be " in front of a screen.

I know what MSFS is ( while I only fly X-Plane when I close DCS or IL-2 ), but clearly the level of accuracy devs are reaching those last years in DCS has nothing to do with casual public sims.

I had hard times trying to understand the nonsense and lack of any relation between DCS modules, but finally, I understood that everything that flies and that is modeled as real as it gets naturally found its place in this platform.

If you speak about realism, I don't know a single conflict or theater nowadays ( or even before ) where only military A/C are lifting off the planet... a great percentage of the traffic is commercial planes, GA, private A/C, commuter turboprop etc...

Not trying to turn this digital COMBAT simulation into a DIGITAL SIMULATION at all ! No ! Just saying aircrafts different than the F-15, A-10, Sukhoïs and Rafales still have their place here and would certainly be much more interesting than we may expect them to be.

Have safe flights !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Remember that the poll question is would you buy this aircraft if it were developed. That has nothing to do with blocking the development of such modules.

To that question, my answer is a resounding "no."

DCS doesn't do what 90% of flying is about very well, or at all. There's really no point to this type of aircraft in this sim for many reasons. If you'd like to take it up and practice some stalls or spins or something, more power to you. But for the amount it would inevitably cost to buy this module, based on the developers costs and profit margin, there is no way I'd buy it.

Still I can tell you, this kind of plane ( or the Chipmunk, or the T-6 Texan, or any military initial trainer ) would be loads of fun if delivered with appropriate campaign, with the true feel ( and pressure ) of having an IP sitting next to you, great voice overs and true dynamic missions, where all your actions are analyzed and greatly affect the mark of each of your training flights.

+1.

No interest for me but that goes the same for other trainers also. TBH if you can't take off in the P-51 you've got no prayer in the Dora/K-4 and we already have a free trainer for that. Most of the people who complain or have trouble with takeoffs have either not practiced enough, read enough, or don't have the proper devices(rudders). Adding another trainer prop isn't going to get those people to do the correct things to be successful in the Dora. It may please some of the joyride unarmed server crowds or flight enthusiast who will buy everything but most of us that buy WWII planes do so for the combat element.

If they ever made a FW189 which would be a great twin engine plane with its high visibility/slow speed but it did provide a combat function ... I'd buy that in a heartbeat. It also saw use at the end of the war as a trainer but I doubt it will ever get made.