Possible work for an CFD engineer?

Manuel

Hey guys,

I have been wondering if my skills in modeling computational fluid dynamics in ansys fluent, star ccm+ and/or Openfoam could be of help to anybody here at the forum. I was just thinking, that those data in the game somehow have to be gathered and the way I think it could work is by simulating e.g. the drag / lift coefficient for different angles of a specified profile:

What I am looking for: The guys programming e.g. third party applications may have interest in someone like me who does this stuff at work. I want to participate and spend my two cents in this development. My gain is to learn and deeper understand the physics behind the simulator / what is modeled, what is not and so on.

What I offer: Well some skills in modeling cfd related analysis.

If nobody is interested, I spent my free time otherwise but in case....

I would like to hear from you.

Thanks and take care!

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Do you have some kind of demonstration of your skills, like a comparison of your CFDs and wind tunnel or real life data?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I am afraid no. I am starting to do my PhD on two-phase modeling so all I can offer is a fundamental basis. I did program a 2 dimensional Navier Stokes Solver in Matlab if that means sth. to you. Also I heard quite a few lectures about fluid dynamics.

On my side I am willing to push into that flight model development world and see if my knowledge on fluid dynamics can be of help to the developers.

Best regards,

Manuel

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Doing some work on particle effects might get you some attention. The effects in the DCS right now are quite primitive.

I think that ED and their partners are probably working hard to improve aircraft and munition effects right now BUT that still leaves a lot of work in other areas that would really benefit from modelling. There are heaps of effects that need work but personally I would love to see bow waves from ships receive attention. They look the worst. What would be appropriate in DCS is to see a bow wave effect that is rooted in simulation.

Silver Dragon is working on some boats at the moment and has shared some of his meshes. You might be able to grab a hull and work with that. He is also has torpedoes for his boats and there is no torpedo modelling in the game yet.

Edited by vicx