Have I dropped a bollock here.

weeb

I built a lot of the infrastructure using Dimebugs plans which are awesome, once or twice I've come up against problems that don't work out mathematically, sorry, i'm anal about accuracy. Firstly I am not going to put Dimebug down as I would never have started without him. I have a question tho, maybe DM can chime in without quoting his sig, just tell me what is the width of the console incline and decline. IMHO I think they are too narrow. Don't say buy my plans, I started building this months ago and your plans weren't even in the offing then and are still in the ether. If I have to buy the plans then I will, but I was looking at how far out I am and do I need to start from scratch or can I do a damage limitation here.

CMSP.jpg

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

By the way I'm not AWOL, hiding or just invisible, been busy will post as I progress unless anyone in particular want's to see what i have been up to. Been laser mode for a while. :megalol:

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Sorry can't help with your question, just wanted to say that this may be the best forum title I have ever seen. :D

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Thanks Cookie, spot on, typo there. Cheers bud.

Ratcatcher, I have this horrible feeling that I am going to have to redo the side consoles. That CMSP panel did make my bollock drop as I realised the only way to fit it into the space between the risers was using "Schwarzschild's field" or Event Horizon whereby if I spin it faster than the speed of light it becomes smaller. Gotta try that lol. :thumbup:

weeb

Which dimension are you trying to determine - the width of the EW panel or the height?

The standard width of a Dzus back plate is 5.75" wide. I believe the acrylic "text" plate that sits on top of it is slightly smaller 1/32" on all sides.

If you have accurate console dimensions for the Dzus rail and accurate panel dimensions things should align properly.

If one or both of the console / panel dimensions are not accurate you'll have a alignment problem which is what you've experienced.

Hope this helps.

the attached document was shared on this board before. i couldn't find the original post of the document's owner to link to so it is attached instead. credit goes to.. the name of the member escapes me, you know who you are, thanks :)

and yes 7.75' is not 145mm but 146.05mm depending on how you build things can be quite critical. or not.

Panelbuildingfocussedondimensions.pdf

Edited by agrasyuk

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

He just wants to know how wide each section of the console is. Flat section (CMSP, Caution panel, CDU, AAP etc) and the angled section (Elec Pwr, Environmental, Lighting etc)

I'm guessing the width from the outside edges of the mounting rails are the required dimensions.

476th vFG Alumni

I want to know what a bollock is. :P

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Thanks cookie, Anton,Callum and Ragtop, between the 4 of you, you have answered my question. I will have to expand my rails or shrink my lcd. Bottom line is I thought the 20 x2, would fit and would solve the 4 space extra space issue but I guess i will have to go 16 x 2. It's a problem, but not insurmountable. To Deadman get your head out your arse, 4 understood, you didn't allegedly. I have 3 x 20x2 lcd's if anyone needs and can use, cost me $17 a pop

• Like 1

I want to know what a bollock is. :P

John, in Scotland here, it means, your nut, testes, boz, plum, ie contents of the boz sack :thumbup:

I raised this question as a genuine article, but it seems to have kicked off, In all languages can you tell me what a ball (nut) means in your native language

:D

Ya sure I knew exactly what you meant with your accurate description of what you wanted.

That why sever others all so asked what the heck are you talking about.

You have a problem get over it or deal with it but don't bother to directly ask me any thing else. I personal could not care less if you do or don't purchase any plans finish your cockpit or not. Your a moron.

To Deadman get your head out your arse, 4 understood, you didn't allegedly.

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

John, in Scotland here, it means, your nut, testes, boz, plum, ie contents of the boz sack :thumbup:

I raised this question as a genuine article, but it seems to have kicked off, In all languages can you tell me what a ball (nut) means in your native language

:D

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Weeb. I understand now. Just hit me like a kick in the nuts...:megalol:

I must say the expressions one hears from having access to so many different countries and cultures, its sometimes just boogles the mind how we are ever able to understand each other without actually having spent time in each place to learn the language.

BTW Weeb, are you all heeled up and out of the hospital by now???

John

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

Ya sure I knew exactly what you meant with your accurate description of what you wanted.

That why sever others all so asked what the heck are you talking about.

You have a problem get over it or deal with it but don't bother to directly ask me any thing else. I personal could not care less if you do or don't purchase any plans finish your cockpit or not. Your a moron.

You know something, I am not even going to get into a strop (what ever you americans call it) Funny how most people on this forum understood what I was asking. You know abso/****in/lutely nothing about me apart from an address you sent the gauge to and you call me a moron. Wind your kneck in m8 you are starting to show your colours.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Weeb. I understand now. Just hit me like a kick in the nuts...:megalol:

I must say the expressions one hears from having access to so many different countries and cultures, its sometimes just boogles the mind how we are ever able to understand each other without actually having spent time in each place to learn the language.

BTW Weeb, are you all heeled up and out of the hospital by now???

John

PM bro

Autocad 2014 m8

Don't like the way the cloud has become, photoshop did it for me hence I still use CS6 that doesn't require an internet connection, autocad went the same way with their 360 shit. I want to be able to work on things without an internet connection. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but it works for me. :smartass:

AC%202014.jpg

• Like 1

Autocad 2014 m8

Don't like the way the cloud has become, photoshop did it for me hence I still use CS6 that doesn't require an internet connection, autocad went the same way with their 360 shit. I want to be able to work on things without an internet connection. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but it works for me. :smartass:

AC%202014.jpg

Yah, Autodesk has pissed me off royally. :mad: Now they demand you rent AutoCAD. Monthly or yearly payments to keep it operational. No more just buying and forgetting. I have a real hate on for that company even though I have been using it everyday for 23 years. It's just plain old corporate greed at it best. Wait til Microsoft starts doing the same thing now that they have us by the short and curlies.:mad:

Weeb, I used a 20x2 and got it to fit. I had to move the display to the right and use low profile switches for the two that are directly beside it. Is the CMSP finished or still a WIP?

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

John Wall

John it's still WIP, I keep going back and forwards with it. Your right, the 2 switches on the right are causing me issues, they foul the aluminium rib. Any pointers here would be appreciated.

"Yah, Autodesk has pissed me off royally. mad.gif Now they demand you rent AutoCAD. Monthly or yearly payments to keep it operational. No more just buying and forgetting. I have a real hate on for that company even though I have been using it everyday for 23 years. It's just plain old corporate greed at it best. Wait til Microsoft starts doing the same thing now that they have us by the short and curlies.mad.gif"

I think with windows 10 they will go down that route (free for a year shit) but we can only wait and see. I remember Adobe going offline for 2 days because of a DDOS attack and people were up in arms because they could not access their work. Hence I use Autocad 2014 (it updates to 2015 anyway) and CS6 all on DVD here, both programmes do exactly what I need so there is no point in upgrading.

Cefs thats an excellent link. Don't be offended in the slightest when I say what I am going to say. For me at 56 years of age, I'm sure Babbage stayed next door to me :) My dad wrote Cobol and Fortrans for BP and ICI so I got into computers when a modem was the size of a small domestic table. Dad used Turbocad, now thats why I stayed away from Cad programmes, God, it was horrendous. I had never used autocad until Anton said "Give it a go" I was more used to knocking something up on paint. I am a great believer in not reinventing the wheel. It works for me, draw it in DWG, save it as DXF, stick it down the network to my laser, job done. It's a tried and tested, I remember many moons ago when I had to assign ram memory locations just to get a programme to work but thats another story.:thumbup:

No offence taken, each to their own. If anyone is going to download, you just fill out a short form, only need to supply a genuine email address, there are no checks for genuine student credentials or anything else.