PRE-PURCHASE DCS: L-39 ALBATROS Discussion Thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be really great if they could determine it somehow soon as they're already asking for money. If they want to release ZA as a separate full priced module, I might want to skip C altogether for example. :) "TBD" is something they could have said six months ago IMHO, so I'll wait a little bit before I purchase, there's still enough time until September.

ZA brings four hardpoints + cannon, so it's more usable in combat while it's the same aircraft, more or less. I actually doubt there's anyone using C in combat roles or at least I can't remember right now...

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

I went ahead and picked it up. If the ZA ends up being a separate module, so be it - though based on ED's recent record I would venture to say all will be good.

The release of the L-39C brings us one step closer to the release of the F/A-18C.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I love Steam as much as the next guy but there's no reason to use the Steam DCS version, switch to standalone and don't look back.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Order confirmed. Looking out to talk someone on the front or in the back. To fly with.....:music_whistling: or crash....hahahaha:thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

It would be really great if they could determine it somehow soon as they're already asking for money.

+1.. bought everything from ED but would probably not want to pay full price for the L-39C and then same again for the ZA seeing as I already have the C-101 and the Hawk.

TBD how the ZA will be released, currently this pre-purchase is only for the C.

If it is separate, it would be good if there was a purchase option to upgrade to the ZA instead of having to buy two L-39s

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

If it is separate, it would be good if there was a purchase option to upgrade to the ZA instead of having to buy two L-39s

Thinkn this would be the best option for me also. I would have no issue paying to upgrade at all. Either way il still get em both, but if I have to pay full for both il most likey wait for a sale for my second L-39.

Selling the ZA and the C in a single package makes so much more sense than selling both modules individually. From my perspective as a consumer at least.

The community's positive reception at AvioDev's decision to include both the C-101EB and the C-101CC in a single package is a testimony that taking a similar approach for the L-39C/ZA is what the community wants.

I love Steam as much as the next guy but there's no reason to use the Steam DCS version, switch to standalone and don't look back.

Correct. I started playing DCS on Steam too, but you have to wait more for releases and updates, can't benefit from ED sales and promotions, and i don't think ED gets as much money when purchasing from Steam.

I validated my Steam purchased keys in the ED website, downloaded DCS standalone and never looked back.

Correct. I started playing DCS on Steam too, but you have to wait more for releases and updates, can't benefit from ED sales and promotions, and i don't think ED gets as much money when purchasing from Steam.

I validated my Steam purchased keys in the ED website, downloaded DCS standalone and never looked back.

:music_whistling: me too :thumbup::pilotfly:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• ED Team
The L-39 is the only trainer that interests me in DCS, mostly due to its combat activities in the real world. However, those are L-39ZA's and if the two L-39's are separated, there is only one that I'm interested in. So I'll be holding off for clarification too.

The L-39ZA will be part of the DCS: L-39 Albatros module, but it will probably not be included in the initial open beta release.

Another point: The Albatros module will be released as an open beta in September 2015 along with DCS World 1.5.0. This version will use the new rendering engine, but only include the Black Sea map.

I will discuss this more on the next stream.

Edited by Wags

The L-39ZA will be part of the DCS: L-39 Albatros module, but it will probably not be included in the initial open beta release.

Another point: The Albatros module will be released as an open beta in September 2015 along with DCS World 1.5.0. This version will use the new rendering engine, but only include the Black Sea map.

I will discuss this more on the next stream.

Phew. I got scared for a second :D

Excellent, thanks Matt!

Well now, this is interesting! Looking forward to the Sunday stream then :)

The Albatros module will be released as an open beta in September 2015 along with DCS World 1.5.0. This version will use the new rendering engine, but only include the Black Sea map.

Oh wow, that's great news. I'm actually more excited about that second bit than the Albatros itself :lol::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Really interesting... Rendering engine but no Vegas, and an actual release date. Wow.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Oh, absolute crap! I have to go to work at the moment. Damn. I need to push my money in quickly. Maybe I should quit my job?

Nah... I'll just have to wait until later tonight.....

Oh, god, I can't wait for it for 8 hours!!!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...