PRE-PURCHASE DCS: L-39 ALBATROS Discussion Thread

Hey guys, bought this sweet plane already. In the russian forum is a statement by Chizh:

"Будет DCS 1.5, переходная версия к 2.0.

Рендер будет новый, а земля пока старая - Кавказ"

stating that the L-39 will come as DCS 1.5 with a part of the new rendering engine. Could it be X-mas in september?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purchased :thumbup:

Wow this is great news, two L-39 variants along with the new rendering system in September, I was kinda wishing I could pre-order it through steam and take advantage of the discount like some of the other fellas here. I'm guessing that won't be possible though?

Again, there's no advantage to the Steam version, switch to standalone and don't look back.

Hey guys, bought this sweet plane already. In the russian forum is a statement by Chizh:

"Будет DCS 1.5, переходная версия к 2.0.

Рендер будет новый, а земля пока старая - Кавказ"

stating that the L-39 will come as DCS 1.5 with a part of the new rendering engine. Could it be X-mas in september?

Wags already mentioned it in this thread ;)

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Purchased :thumbup:

Again, there's no advantage to the Steam version, switch to standalone and don't look back.

Wags already mentioned it in this thread ;)

Yepp, you are right :)

Maybe I will be reading both language versions in the future before posting :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About a month to wait though. That's bearable. If you got $40USD in bonus I think you deserve a -80% on the L-39 module.

Could be closer to 2 months. They could release it towards the end of September.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Now the wait begins, can't get it til the 1st, looking forward t 1.5:pilotfly::joystick:

I cringe when you say that my friend. I really really hope we see it day one of September, but ED left it open. I think it's a safe play on their part to use as much of the month as they need to shore up the release and make it as clean as possible. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I just have this feeling. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I have been considering it, the only downsides would be that I couldn't take advantage of the Steam sales when it comes to DCS modules, which, admittedly doesn't happen all that often. Moreover I would be missing the auto update feature through steam. I haven't been playing DCS World very long so I'm not sure how often ED has sales on their site.

Anyhow I do believe this module is definitely worth the price especially for two variants of the plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can still buy modules on Steam :thumbup: And DCS will auto update when started if there's an update.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

You can still buy modules on Steam :thumbup: And DCS will auto update when started if there's an update.
Hah, I just realized that after I thought about it for a minute :doh: I'll probably end up doing that then, I didn't know that DCS had an auto-update feature as well. Thanks for the clarification! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have 86$ in bonus... I will use part of them on this one on day one of launch.

Good call on selling C and ZA in same package and at a normal price I might say! In September this will be the most complete trainer in DCS right from day one.

2 Cockpits

PFM

great quality from the screenshots

Planned cooperative multiplayer in the same aircraft

49$ without discounts.

GREAT!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'll wait for more info about ZA variant. With only two hardpoints and no gun, L39C does not interest me much.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Just purchased it. Now, can anyone help me get September here more quickly?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I'll wait for more info about ZA variant. With only two hardpoints and no gun, L39C does not interest me much.

ZA has quite a bit more capability and one purchase gets both variants:

2 x FUEL TANK 350L

+ MACHINE-GUN POD

4 x UB-16-57U

+ MACHINE-GUN POD

2 x UB-16-57U + 2 x FUEL

TANK + MACHINE-GUN POD

2 x R-3U (R-35) + 2 x FUEL

TANK + MACHINE-GUN POD

4 x OFAB 100

+ MACHINE-GUN POD

4 x FAB 250

2 x FAB 500

2 x FAB 250 + 2 x OFAB 100

+ MACHINE-GUN POD

2 x FAB 250 + 2 x FUEL TANK

2 x FAB 250 + 2 x UB-16-57U

+ MACHINE-GUN POD

Can also be configured to hold 4 NATO weapon stations:

2 x FUEL TANK

4 x LAU 5002 (6 x CRV-7)

2 x FUEL TANK, 2 x LAU 5002

2 x FUEL TANK, 2 x AIM-9

4 x Mk 81

4 x Mk 82

2 x Mk 81, 2 x Mk 82

2 x FUEL TANK, 2 x Mk 82

2 x Mk 82, 2 x LAU 5002

2 x Machine Gun 12.7

2 x Machine Gun, 2 x LAU 5002

2 x Machine Gun, 2 x FUEL TANK

2 x Machine Gun, 2 x Mk 82

I know what ZA can do, thing is, that's not the one we're going to get initially.

So for me, there's no rush. Esp that I already have more DCS bonus money than I could spend on this order.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The prepurchase news blurb makes no mention of it so Ill ask about it here:

Will the DCS: L-39 module feature a campaign of some kind? Perhaps some kind of fighter pilot certification training/test missions or something along those lines? IMO a trainer aircraft module would really be ideal for this kind of campaign.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.