PRE-PURCHASE DCS: L-39 ALBATROS Discussion Thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My order went through - FINALLY. Had a spot of trouble between the local bank and Sagepay, but everything's A-OK now. Gonna crack a beer or 7 to-nite after this wee ordeal I'm telling ya...

So we're looking at a September release then? Waiting eagerly :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

overwhelmed with schmeh... would rather have american or modern fighters

dont be frustrated about the module. The L-39 is not "just another non modern russian Jet" it is to be considered the introduction of Multicrew!! It has been announeced long ago and highly expected by the Community...The F-18 Hornet will be one of the next Modules that will be released from ED (even if it may take some time until we can hit the "add to card" button :) )

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Yeah! Because it is not russian at all :music_whistling:

just wanted to see whether you recognize this :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

The prepurchase news blurb makes no mention of it so Ill ask about it here:

Will the DCS: L-39 module feature a campaign of some kind? Perhaps some kind of fighter pilot certification training/test missions or something along those lines? IMO a trainer aircraft module would really be ideal for this kind of campaign.

I am also quite interested in this. For me, the content is as important as the aircraft. I love the training, single missions and campaign. I'll hold off on the order until this info is out

Instantly pre-ordered! Really looking forwards to getting to grips with the Albatros :pilotfly: :joystick:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Ahhh, was looking for every excuse not to purchase anymore modules. However the moment it was confirmed, that we are getting both variants, I was knackered.

Order now placed. :) can't wait.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

overwhelmed with schmeh... would rather have american or modern fighters

Gotta agree , but i will still get this because of the eventual multicrew , i think there is no doubt this will be the first module to implement it to test it out , and i wanna be there.

If there's one training jet i'm getting , it's this one.

+ It's from ED themselves so quality is guaranteed.

Edited by McBlemmen

YAY!! Bring it on. Looking forward to it. Will buy it with the L-39. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

hmm.. I bought the Huey because of the "Dual Cockpit" capability...well, I could of bought it on a sale cheaper as I am still waiting... no thanks, I will wait for DCS 2 before purchasing any more aircraft.

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Dual cockpit capability is not that far away. According to Wags last night, the beta Albatross will not have it, but it is planned to include it for the full release version.

You will be able to switch between front and rear seats with the Beta release.

The Huey and Hawk are both expected to utilise multi crew capabilities once the code has been released.

The F-14 will have an AI RIO - they're calling it Jester AI, and they have said it will be a very sophisticated bit of coding. I can't imagine multi crew facilities too, and as it is planned for early 2016 now, it is a possibility it may even have that when it is first released. That is purely my own speculation right now though.

Will buy when monthly salary arrives in the weekend, already have the 3party C-101 and Hawk there are very similar, and i am sure i will not be flying them a lot, but want to support ED and any other developing for this Sim...

So my dollars will still be used for something good, else the wife would properly just use them for something useless in the kitchen :)

molon-labe-black-header.jpg