F-15 or Su-27 for a newbie

Or even better. Go for the FC3 package and get them both.

I have both. I just didn't know which one to learn first.

But I'll go with the Eagle. Thanks.

There are no tutorial missions for the F-15, so are there any tutorials people can recommend?

Edited by yodelingpterodactyl

I have both. I just didn't know which one to learn first.

But I'll go with the Eagle. Thanks.

Another one lost to the Dark Side....

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I love the F-15C and Im a big fan of US stuff. But the Flanker is more simulated, like it has datalink while the F15 doesnt. It shows the flight plan on the radar screen and so on.

So the su27 is more in depth but the F15 is a much better fighter overall (here come the fans to start a discussion :P)

Whatever you choose will make you happy, and that's what's important after all.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

lol, no active missiles and no external fuel tanks, the OP knows what it means.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

lol, no active missiles and no external fuel tanks, the OP knows what it means.

I dislike the semi-active radar guided missiles on the Flanker a lot.

AMRAAM is love

AMRAAM is life

But I don't know if anyone noticed my edit, I was asking if anyone knew of some good tutorials for the F-15, since the game doesn't have any tutorial missions.

F-15 is very good for newbie. Su-27 keep for advanced training.

f15 newbie vs. su27 newbie = win F15 (this is 80% fight on the servers)

f15 advanced pilot vs. su27 advanced pilot = win su27 ( little more than 50%)

this is my assessment...

Edited by Ragnarok

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

F-15 is very good for newbie. Su-27 keep for advanced training.

based on? my comments are from a real pilot (myself) and trust me, the flanker has nothing about advanced compared to the f15, it was a very strange comment by the way.

lets focus on helping the OP rather than stating what ac is better.

cheers

real pilot (myself) wow

how much you shoot down Flankers in real life with Eagle?

nice attitude bro, i can see now why you think the f15 is for newbies.

weather i shoot down flankers in real life or not is irrelevant, you should have more respect when a real pilot tries to help others learn, you might learn something as well. Just like I respect more experienced pilot than me, you should do the same with the ones that actually fly something IRL.

Im a naval aviator btw.

• Like 1

i used to ask for profiles until i discovered it is really better to create them yourself to fit your ways.

just fyi

nice attitude bro, i can see now why you think the f15 is for newbies.

weather i shoot down flankers in real life or not is irrelevant, you should have more respect when a real pilot tries to help others learn, you might learn something as well. Just like I respect more experienced pilot than me, you should do the same with the ones that actually fly something IRL.

Im a naval aviator btw.

When you associate for ED, I'll take you seriously. Until then, I'm for you someone who has strangled submarine with bare hands... :megalol:

Edited by Ragnarok

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

So these tutorials are nice, but is there anything a bit more in depth? That's why I wanted to avoid the in game pre-recorded tutorials. They are nice but they speed over things a bit, and for someone who's never touched anything more complex than airliners in FSX, wellll...

Both!

You will be more successful in combat if you know the enemy's system as well as your own.

This is part of why I don't believe in dedicating fully to just one aircraft. The other part is versatility: if you only fly one aircraft, you might get stuck in your habits in it, and your development as a fighter pilot overall is less efficient. If you fly many planes, you better develop a more general feel for flight and combat, which is even more useful when things change or you want to fly a new aircraft.

Both!

You will be more successful in combat if you know the enemy's system as well as your own.

This is part of why I don't believe in dedicating fully to just one aircraft. The other part is versatility: if you only fly one aircraft, you might get stuck in your habits in it, and your development as a fighter pilot overall is less efficient. If you fly many planes, you better develop a more general feel for flight and combat, which is even more useful when things change or you want to fly a new aircraft.

I see your point, and you are somehow correct.

However in real life all pilots are required to dedicate their careers to one specific plane, with the eventual change in case the pilot ranks up or that the plane is replaced with a more modern one. This applies to military and civil aviation.

Some of the reasons why a pilot should not fly more than one plane is because of security standards (a pilot not dedicated to become an expert in one plane is more likely to have an accident), flying different planes has serious consequences on performance, systems procedures, emergency procedures, etc... So basically if anyone would want to use simulators like DCS to simulate being a real pilot then you should focus on just one plane. Given this is too limited in terms of fun, a good approach would be to focus on one plane per role, like one fighter, one attack aircraft, one helo, one multi role, etc...

This DOES NOT mean you wont be familiar and actually an expert on enemy planes, you need to study them very hard to be able to counter them as needed.

Cheers!

F-15 is easier for begginers but limited for dogfight, especially gun to gun.

The F-15 is definitely not limited in a dogfight.

It might not be as good as the flanker at low speeds, so don't go there if you are fighting a flanker.

But anyway i'd vote for the F-15 too because of the carefree flight controls which lets the pilot focus on the mission instead of having to focus on flying.

EDIT: BTW none of the FM's are finished so things can still change.

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.