Airmobile Air Assault Event: UH1+Mi-8+Ka-50

Charly_Owl

Just say the GMT time, I'll be ready in a gunship this time. :)

But I want Arnold Schwarzenegger to be there again. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed all of this due to a dead pump on my watercooling system:mad:

After practically rebuilding the entire system with new components and getting my overclock back to some semblance of its previous best I hope the planners plan more so I can get involved next time:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Missed all of this due to a dead pump on my watercooling system:mad:

After practically rebuilding the entire system with new components and getting my overclock back to some semblance of its previous best I hope the planners plan more so I can get involved next time:)

Don't worry if you missed it... if you look through youtube you might find something "interesting" ;)

First guy who sees it gets a free cookie.

Great video chuck! The Vietnam mod looks great. I think next time I will try the dessert mod.

I wish I could have ran this with high shadows, heat blur and reflections but my pc would probably explode.

How was this filmed? Was the track replayed later with the eye candy turned up?

Jacks

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Great video chuck! The Vietnam mod looks great. I think next time I will try the dessert mod.

I wish I could have ran this with high shadows, heat blur and reflections but my pc would probably explode.

How was this filmed? Was the track replayed later with the eye candy turned up?

Jacks

The first person view was the recording I did during the multiplayer session (had to go through 2.5 hours of footage... ugh), the external shots were done with the replay.

I played with high settings during the game. I had some framerate loss at times but overall it was bearable.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Nice, would it be another event in the future? Hopefully...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Great video Chuck! Thanks.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Do you guys have any more feedback/suggestions/insults to make the next event better? I have a couple of ideas but I'd like to hear it from you first. I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. This is what will allow us to have better events.

Oh, and for those who sent me all these PMs about when the next event is and if you can participate...

a) there WILL be other events like this

b) anybody can join... even your grandma. It's not a squadron-only event

c) lessons learned from last event WILL be taken into account for mission design

d) new "rules" will be set to maximize performance/framerate

e) you guys will be the first to know if a new event is created... just check the forums and you won't be able to miss it.

Can the missions have bases to build like in the Airmobile small campaign made by geloxo http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1798689#post1798689?

Now that we have this new script http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107 we could build things really nicely?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'm sure you've already done my thoughts, but still I'm thinking maybe it's better, if mission is slightly smaller to complete it.

And next time pilots must eagerly get in necessary units to equal the tasks (according to your orders). In last mission I think we -Slicks- were too much, maybe that's why other gunships were too insufficient.

-Sorry for English-

Thanks for the great video Chuck.

I have one suggestion for the next event. In the recent event, the formations tended to get strung out a bit at times, To help tighten the slick formations:

- Have the leader maintain a gentle climb at 80 knots for a little while after departure to the LZ. This makes it easier for everyone to close up. Given how close some of the LZs are, maybe throw in a gentle orbit over the airfield before heading out.

- Enroute and on final to the LZ, have the leader call the airspeed.

Cheers!

Devrim, I agree on reducing the scope so we can complete the mission. Maybe splitting the slicks into two flights with one dropping off while the other picks up. I think a commander is required to move the infantry and one or two jtacs to control air movement around the target and give fire missions to the gunships.

I personally would also like to see a fixed wing asset with a good optical sensor that can sit high up in the overhead, locating targets and providing info to otherrs. Having tgp or skhval footage of targets being engaged and slicks landing on would look great on a video!

That said, last weekend's mission was well planned and executed and a lot of fun!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Charly... I think you've started a huge thing, man. :D

Some information I would like to have from Ka-50 pilots:

1) How many Black Shark clients can play simultaenously on multiplayer without causing too much lag/framerate loss?

2) What is the primary cause for Ka-50 framerate hits? (i.e. the Huey front miniguns or the Mi-8 gunpods)

Charly, been learning the Huey for several months now. Your mission account on Mudspike has inspired me to finally look into MP. Startin to explore that scene now. Looking into TeamSpeak this evening.

When I'm up to speed, I hope to hook up with you guys cuz this definitely looks like it has legs.

Congrats on a characteristically nice job.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Who? You did that Arnold thing Beeroshima? I'm still laughing!... :D