"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder I got shot by manpads in GH37. Had to do SEAD just to kill the Shilkas and I carried Vikr too so I could get the rest of them.. Still no dice..

By the way. The convoys of trucks do not seem to show along the road. Reaper6 and me went hunting in the vicinity.. Flying along the way points we only encountered one group of insurgents near a town close to wp6

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

No wonder I got shot by manpads in GH37. Had to do SEAD just to kill the Shilkas and I carried Vikr too so I could get the rest of them.. Still no dice..

By the way. The convoys of trucks do not seem to show along the road. Reaper6 and me went hunting in the vicinity.. Flying along the way points we only encountered one group of insurgents near a town close to wp6

hmm will check out again. They seem ok in the external view test that we had. Thanks for the notice.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I had no problem finding convoys so far. I was searching them on three different occasions when flying the MiG-21 and always found one somewhere on the route.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Tonight, 18th of October at 19:00 zulu, we are going to host Exercise "Blaze" on the 373vFS Server.

It's an A-G exercise on DCS World 1.5 with the purpose of improving our A-G capabilities.

Features are based on our upcoming Training event which you will be informed soon.

For more details: http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/Buddy%20Spike/Exercise%20Blaze%20.pdf

See you all on Teamspeak of Buddy Spike.

alpharhochiepsilonomicron%20lambdapsietasigmaf_zpsvbxfvhyt.jpg

DCS World 1.5

Operation "Uragan" Tuesday 20/10 19:00 Zulu

th_e9f3b21ce406_sf_1_zpsgxvo6fzn.jpg

Scenario:

Yesterday, during Operation "Cruise", an Allied L-39C was shot down during its reconnaissance mission. Both pilots were able to eject safely and report their positions. Just before the incident they spotted and reported enemy BM-27 units preparing to launch attacks. As they oppose a threat for the Coalition's airbase, the HQ is ready to lauch an operation to destroy them and resque the downed pilots.

Detailed briefing will be available shortly.

http://www.buddyspike.net

See you all on teamspeak!

Edited by gregzagk

Operation "Blue Flag"

Round 4

Unfortunately the current status of DCS World 1.5 BETA won't let us move on in officials events with it yet. Will patiently wait for updates from ED as we will continue testing and reporting issues especially regarding the Mission Editor and Multiplayer.

As many, including us, want and ask for a 4th round of the Campaign to begin shortly, we prepared it for the stable version (1.2.16).

The 4th round is based on a 70-80's scenario with limitations on A-A and A-G weapons.

It includes some fixes based on feedback from the previous round and changes on the SAM network to match with the A-G weapons limitations.

Stress testing start: Thursday 22/10 19:00 Zulu

Official start: Saturday 24/10 19:00 Zulu

Details on the changelog will be included on the upcoming SOP pdf file.

If not registered yet you can through this thread.

*Lonewolves and Squadrons registered on the previous rounds won't need to register again.

Their slots are available also on the 4th round.

Stay tuned!

That's really disappointing for me, since I only run the beta and want to get back in the Blue Flag action. :(

But it's not your fault! :)

The DCS Beta is indeed pretty unstable for now and crashes almost every time I play, so it's clear and understandable why you made this decision. I just hope ED gets this fixed soon, so I can enjoy Blue Flag in EDGE :)

Till then I wish you guys great fun. The 70s/80s scenario sounds very promising :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

i guess that only leaves the Huey for me to fly, which is totally fine as long as there are enough troops to transport!

Last Blue Flag had some really exciting moments, especially since there were so many people from all over the world playing together and the teamwork (even though mostly improvised) seemed pretty good.

looking forward to it

Blueflag Registration for round 4

Faction preference: Redfor (I know the geography flying from the North a lot better).

Callsign: Auger

Aircraft: Su-25, Su-25T, Su-27, Mi-8, Redfor CA ground units as JTAC/Driver.

Edited by esb77

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

ROUND 4 SOP: http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/Briefings/Buddy%20Spike/SOP%20OPERATION%20BLUE%20FLAG.pdf

Server is up for stress testing!

Vikhrs are in but other important stuff not :D

Greg

heeee. looks good.

with the long range BVR missiles not being available this round (if i saw it correctly in the PDF) things will be getting interesting i think!

:thumbup:

i was already registered through the buddyspike website, but can't find my (old) name on this list, which i changed in the meantime... just to make sure:

decipher - REDFOR - Ka-50/Huey - (my old name was just "deci").

Edited by decipher