"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

Restart the campaign "Operation Blue Flag" from the beginning.

There's never any blue pilot online, I registered for the red team for the exact reason that usually it was 20 blue pilots against 5 red pilots, but right now there are only red pilots online, and occasionally a blue F15 comes on, but there's no competition from the other side. We can just cap thing after thing without anything or anybody playing against us.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't find a team thread or a website, so im posting here.

Joined your server tonight. I wasn't thinking and took off from the taxiway.

F99th-doktormarg proceeded to team kill me 3 times instead of just letting me know not to do it in the chat.

I called him an asshole, because I thought he was just being a troll.

He said it was policy. Pretty infuriating for new players if you ask me.

He ended up kicking me shortly after.

Edited by dramabeats
  • Like 1

We are still in the testing phase, seems like the memory leak is not completely fixed which will make running a 24/7 campaign still very not feasible.

I'm putting the campaign up again from scratch, anyone who likes can join and fly it meanwhile.

Until the memory leak is completely fixed, I cannot guarantee the server will not crash.

Known issues with the mission currently:

- A-10C - no Mav Ds.

- Choppers spawn not on launching pads.

- Mig21 doesn't have correct armament.

- Some Aerodromes do not have correct armament restrictions.

- There is a bug with Object/Unit.destroy in the scripting engine and therefore cannot remove clients who take slots which are not in their control.

- Lives restrictions are not in place because of the above scripting engine issue.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Thanks!

I didn't find a team thread or a website, so im posting here.

Joined your server tonight. I wasn't thinking and took off from the taxiway.

F99th-doktormarg proceeded to team kill me 3 times instead of just letting me know not to do it in the chat.

I called him an asshole, because I thought he was just being a troll.

He said it was policy. Pretty infuriating for new players if you ask me.

He ended up kicking me shortly after.

From what you say it was indeed pretty bad behaviour by doktormarg. But maybe he warned you in chat before and you missed it?

Anyways, you should NEVER take off from taxiways. That's not what their purpose is and it's dangerous for other aircrafts taxiing. The only exception is if the airbase itself is under attack.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We have no kicking policy of not taking off from the taxiways, it is a recommendation.

Especially now in the testing phase.

As QuiGon said, you should try and always keep realism, taking off from the Taxiway should be done only on emergencies, as in real life.

Secondly, F99th-doktormarg is not a part of the BuddySpike team but simply another player who joined the server. Therefore he could not have kicked you off the server.

I will try to contact him and make sure it does not happen again.

As QuiGon said, you should try and always keep realism, taking off from the Taxiway should be done only on emergencies, as in real life.

DCS can't be compared to real life. In this very specific matter, it already fall short since :

• We respawn
  • We have unlimited pilots/planes/planes.
  • No-one dictate emergencies.
  • (mostly) No-one cares.

Hence, you can't rely on "real life" things, neither "self-control" from player.

If you want to keep taxiway takeoff, I would really suggest to still implement the taxiway overspeed punishing script, and slave it to a detection trigger : Whenever script detect someone speeding in taxiway - scripts just check if ennemi within ~20miles before going into punishing action.

That's my two cents.

DCS can't be compared to real life. In this very specific matter, it already fall short since :

• We respawn
  • (mostly) No-one cares.

Hence, you can't rely on "real life" things, neither "self-control" from player.

If you want to keep taxiway takeoff, I would really suggest to still implement the taxiway overspeed punishing script, and slave it to a detection trigger : Whenever script detect someone speeding in taxiway - scripts just check if ennemi within ~20miles before going into punishing action.

That's my two cents.

If I'd say that I have no engines but I can still make it to friendly base gliding, nobody would care and the runway would not be cleared.

It has happened before on this exact same server (round 2) that my a-10 got hit, leaving me with half a wing off, single engine and damaged tail controls.

I broadcasted in both chat and ts that I was gonna do an emergency landing, the only reaction I got was some other teammate in the chat saying it was just a game and I shouldn't make a big deal out of an emergency landing.

When I was landing, some F15 just turned onto the runway while I was about to touch down.

Needless to say, I ran the F15 over.

During the BF ops when there was actual competition this was adhered but on open multiplayer servers it usually is not followed at all unfortunately, however some people call out their status usually no one tends to listen often.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• We respawn
  • (mostly) No-one cares.

That's my two cents.

I do not completly agree with you, in anyhow, this is how it is recommended on our server at the moment, for the good or bad.

We are aware of the option to use scripts for taxi restrictions, we decided not to use it at the moment.

Merry christmas Blueflag, thank you for the best fun i had in dcs in 2015 and well, ever!

Looking forward to The next rounds, next year.

Thank you Derk. Merry Christmas to you too.

It was a great time for us all.

See you in the next events, stay tuned :thumbup:

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Once several of the bugs mentioned in the scripting engine are fixed, we will be good to go.

Can track here -

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147792&page=5

We would love to put the campaign up again, it's a shame these bugs have not yet been fixes and are delaying the start.

Crossing fingers ED has some time to fix those bugs soon.

You can rate your work looking how eager all we are for the campaing to start! I'm crossing fingers too!!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led