"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

I've been kicked on the server for being ping too high(300ish,playing in Asia) today, and unable to join back since... Are you guys only testing this temporarily, or am I forever screwed? :/

I hope it's the former as I'm planning to join a clan and go fully dedicated on this server. :/

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be an issue with the KA-50 laser.

I will show erroneous ranges. Example is a tank at 8KM you lase it and it shows 8KM then it suddenly switches to show 4.6KM for no apparent reason.

Only had this issue on this server.

At work right now so I can't post a track

will try to duplicate in a track and post it

I have said it before, Thank you Buddy Spike for all your wonderful work.

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

Some very nice people decided to join the opposite team to call GCI from the enemy slots..Good work there.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems to be an issue with the KA-50 laser.

I will show erroneous ranges. Example is a tank at 8KM you lase it and it shows 8KM then it suddenly switches to show 4.6KM for no apparent reason.

Only had this issue on this server.

At work right now so I can't post a track

will try to duplicate in a track and post it

I have said it before, Thank you Buddy Spike for all your wonderful work.

As a heads up Toast, I have encountered this problem in other multiplayer missions, so it may be tied to something in the mission itself or to the module itself.

Millenix | 68th Virtual Fighter Squadron

AV8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | Mig-21bis | P-51D | Spitfire Mk IX | Bf-109 | M-2000C | A-10C | U1-H1 | Ka-50 | FC3

Who was it? Name and shame I say

I agree. I'm sure the admins can check to see if people switch sides and which slots they took.

I know last night Xcom was talking about people connecting more than 1 account to the server from the same IP which unless it's two pilots sharing a house/apartment I assume was being used for less than fair reasons.

On a positive note I'm glad this is being spotted and addressed now before the round starts and I'm well aware people will not be able to switch once the round starts so that shouldn't happen.

I think that a big part of the community is to be questioned..never again in my short time of experience with the sim community I've seen so many acts of cheating\exploiting..trading imersion for what they think of win or success. Their loss not mine. If it was right to blame something I would blame Fc3, I know it's not right to do so but I'm not perfect. I hope one day I'll see Fc3 out if hardcore servers like BS .

Mig-21 Headbutter

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I agree. I'm sure the admins can check to see if people switch sides and which slots they took.

I know last night Xcom was talking about people connecting more than 1 account to the server from the same IP which unless it's two pilots sharing a house/apartment I assume was being used for less than fair reasons.

On a positive note I'm glad this is being spotted and addressed now before the round starts and I'm well aware people will not be able to switch once the round starts so that shouldn't happen.

30732293.jpg

I think that a big part of the community is to be questioned..never again in my short time of experience with the sim community I've seen so many acts of cheating\exploiting..trading imersion for what they think of win or success. Their loss not mine. If it was right to blame something I would blame Fc3, I know it's not right to do so but I'm not perfect. I hope one day I'll see Fc3 out if hardcore servers like BS .

Mig-21 Headbutter

It's always like this on events that there is a clear goal. Fortunately we can spot easily and act accordingly. Integrity check should help also. About FC3 it could be like this but seen many occasions with pilots flying A-10C and KA-50's and trying to cheat ;)

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

It's sad no matter what they fly. I mean they are sad cause I'm happy enjoying my Mig.

Mig-21 Headbutter

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

It's sad no matter what they fly. I mean they are sad cause I'm happy enjoying my Mig.

Mig-21 Headbutter

Yes that's the main purpose of the events. To enjoy the modules and sim through a specific environment.

People that try to cheat won't be persuaded by words. We have to ban them when we spot them. They possible feel they need to do it for various reasons ... but won't let them ruin others experience.

Let's keep flying :thumbup:

Greg

Lonewolf registering for Operation "Blue Flag", RED SIDE.

Callsign: [VBS] Pelmo

Preferred aircraft: SU-25T, A-10C, SU-27, KA-50, UH-1H

Edited by Pelmo

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

Recorded on YouTube a person playing in the tactical commander slot going round and switching off all our sams and god knows what else. Sadly (if it can get more sad) the team concerned will also know that their team was involved in this behaviour, it was said in chat and tumbleweed came back. With behaviour at that mass level it's why I don't play Blue Flag anymore, any time pvp gets competitive every advantage is used, including dirty tricks. And then the moaning.....wow the moaning and the crying and the whingeing and the threats and the calling out and the epeen...too much to bear. Should have remained the gentlemans game.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Recorded on YouTube a person playing in the tactical commander slot going round and switching off all our sams and god knows what else. Sadly (if it can get more sad) the team concerned will also know that their team was involved in this behaviour, it was said in chat and tumbleweed came back. With behaviour at that mass level it's why I don't play Blue Flag anymore, any time pvp gets competitive every advantage is used, including dirty tricks. And then the moaning.....wow the moaning and the crying and the whingeing and the threats and the calling out and the epeen...too much to bear. Should have remained the gentlemans game.

Well can you share the link?

Cause SAMs cannot be turned off, Not the SA-/3 or the Kubs or the EWRs.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you say is probably true with most competitive things in life.

Even if someone from the BuddySpike team had gotten discouraged due to stuff not working, bad feedback etc... we would always had good company to ease it up.

So my suggestion, take it on the good side, we are here to enjoy this great sim world ED is creating.

And if something is unbearable, you can always simply search for Greg and shoot him down ;)

42nd are always welcome to join, your TS channel is still there.

And you can always try going red ;)

Well can you share the link?

Cause SAMs cannot be turned off, Not the SA-/3 or the Kubs or the EWRs.

I also believe they were turned off also The sam's were not firing while dragging the enemy over them, When your doing 3 hours of running fuel to airbases it becomes sad when your own team start shooting you down with tripple A also (It becomes un-fun) Either way Greg and the guys do great job.

Today while on the blue flag test server there were 50 clients on and the lag was so bad I could hardly even play on it. Now I have a good rig and even the GCI guys were saying the server was extremely laggy and unstable.

Hmm the last changes shouldn't affect performance and we were ok till now.

Thanks will have to look at it. I hope it was a server temporary connection issue.

Greg

Pay attention if only one player is laging or if they all lag at the same time. If they all lag at the same time than it can be your network or the server itself.

The thing that bothers me is that all units on the farp spawn at the same time. I was trying to supress enemy units while the transport was on its way and right at the moment he arrived all hell broke lose. If there is a good way to solve this please do it, but if the further coding would affect server performance then better to leave it like it is.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...