"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg are you waiting for F-5 till Korea era?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greg are you waiting for F-5 till Korea era?

I just wanted to ask the same: What happened to the korea setting? I thought it would be next? Is it not ready yet?

The F-5 is not an aircraft for a korea setting, it is more suited for a Vietnam setting.

I'm fine with another around of BlueFlag, especially in it's 80s version. I just wanted to know if the korea scenario is still on?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yey, went through 100k views of the thread.

Korea setting will still be, at the moment we are working on a new concept which means the korea variant might be a little delayed.

Korea setting excites me greatly. I can't decide whether I love the Sabre or the Fagot more

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

f5 without the possibility to drop napalm = no korean excitement for me... :inv:

but i'll fly it no matter what :pilotfly:

alex_f-5_01.thumb.jpg.9eaad4d55448e08c3a8ca63eae28923e.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

You guys know that the F-5 is Vietnam era and not Korea?

You know that we never going to have a Vietnam or a Korean theater .. :D

i dnt care about the era, i just want to drop dat fire bomb :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yey, went through 100k views of the thread.

Korea setting will still be, at the moment we are working on a new concept which means the korea variant might be a little delayed.

Sounds good. Can't wait! :thumbup:

You know that we never going to have a Vietnam or a Korean theater .. :D

i dnt care about the era, i just want to drop dat fire bomb :joystick:

We're not going to have napalm either (at least not in the near future). Not supported by the DCS engine ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Update:

ace_of_spades1_zpsawktce0y.jpg

Ace Of Spades Air to Air League is back online!

Running on DCS ISRAEL at the moment.

Link to the Ace Of Spades online dogfights - http://89.163.173.82/DCS/AoS/Player.php

Information about the Ace Of Spades server - http://buddyspike.net/aceofspades

Ace Of Spades - Air to Air – Dogfight Server

Ace of Spades is the dedicated Air to Air – Dogfight Server provided to the DCS World Community by “Buddy Spike”.

Have you ever wanted to compete against other players in an instant action and dedicated air to air environment?

Then Ace of Spades is the place for you!

Contact – Arranging matches

Pilots can chat and arrange matches through the “Buddy Spike” website or the “Shoutbox” at the “Ace of Spades” dedicated webpage.

An alternate way is to arrange your matches directly inside the “Ace of Spades” server through the DCS World chat with the online pilots.

Matches – Gameplay

Depending on the match you selected to play, you must then select the proper Aircraft Slot along with your opponent inside the Server (e.g. 1vs1_modern_FULL for a BVR match with modern fighters).

-If both pilots select the proper slot then you are ready to get in your cockpit.

-Both pilots must enter their aircraft within 30 seconds in order to start the match.

-When inside your cockpit you get a countdown timer that will inform you when the match starts.

-Fights on!

Matches available: 1vs1 / 2vs2 / 4vs4

Eras: WW2 / 50's / 80's / Modern

Statistics

Each pilot's performance is monitored by our Server. Pilots' & Matches statistics are available on our Website.

Statistics page: http://89.163.173.82/DCS/AoS/AOS.php

Ace Factor

One of the most anticipated feature is the realtime calculation of the Ace Factor.

The Ace Factor is the score of each pilot that is being built throughout his match performance.

These are the parameters that affect the Ace Factor value:

-Air to Air kills

Each air to air kill will increase your Ace Factor value. The value of increasement depends on the Ace Factor of the Opponent. That means that if you Kill a strongest enemy, then your Ace Factor increases more than killing an inexperienced pilot.

-Deaths

Each time you are getting shot down in a match, your Ace Factor decreases. The value of increasement depends on the Ace Factor of the Opponent. That means that if you get shot down by a strongest enemy then your Ace Factor decreases less than getting killed by an inexperienced pilot.

-Air to Air Kill Assistance

Each time you assist killing an enemy in a 2vs2 or 4vs4 match you increase your Ace Factor value.

The percentage of increasement depends again to the Ace Factor of the Opponent.

Fight Setups

WWII ERA : P-51Ds / BF-109 / FW-190

Initial Altitude : 2000m / 6500ft

Initial distance between the fighters : 20km / 12nm

50's ERA : F-86s & MiG-15s

Initial Altitude : 2000m / 6500ft

Initial distance between the fighters : 50Km / 30nm

HEATERS SETUP Loadout: F-86F: 2x GAR Missiles

80's ERA : MiG-21s (Mirage to be added)

Initial Altitude : 7000m / 23000ft

Initial distance between the fighters : 25km (Guns Setup), 45km (Heaters Setup), 70km (Full Setup)

HEATERS SETUP LOADOUT : 4x R-60M

FULL SETUP LOADOUT : 2x R-60M / 2x R-3R

MODERN ERA : SU-27s/F-15Cs

Initial Altitude : 7000m / 23000ft

Initial distance between the fighters : 25km (Guns Setup), 45km (Heaters Setup), 70km (Full Setup)

HEATERS SETUP LOADOUT : SU-27: 4x R-73 F-15C: 4x AIM-9M

FULL SETUP LOADOUT : SU-27: 4x R-27ER / 2x R-27ET / 2x R-73 F-15C: 4x AIM-120C / 2x AIM-7 / 2x AIM-9M

Promotional video:

Tutorial (may contain outdated info):

Have fun!

Lonewolf registering for Operation "Blue Flag", BLUE SIDE.

Callsign: Shabi

Preferred aircraft: A10-C, F15-C, A10-A (to be superseded by A10-C once I get enough stick time)

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

edit: moved the post to the blueflag 7 thread

Edited by Shabi
moving the post

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo... what's ETA on Round 8 ? :) (And please don't run only Korea, many here don't have Sabre or MiG-15, pls run 2 servers if possible)

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

There is a Korea units mod and a B29 if you create a mod pack that would help with the realism.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Ace Of Spades dogfight league is on the go!

Fights from the best has been taking place, here is the leader boards after more than 1500 dogfights and 170 players -

Capture3.png

Join now DCS ISRAEL and fight!

Further information on Ace Of Spades - http://www.buddyspike.net/aceofspades

Statistics & leader boards - http://89.163.173.82/DCS/AoS/Player.php

CU in the skies!

Soooo... what's ETA on Round 8 ? :) (And please don't run only Korea, many here don't have Sabre or MiG-15, pls run 2 servers if possible)

I'd have to agree. There just aren't enough Korea era aircraft and ground units to really do it and have fun, not to mention it would exclude way too many people. I'd be able to run it, but I don't think I'd want to for the reasons stated. I've had great fun so far, so much that pretty much any other server bores me to death. This is the new standard, unless you want to play Call of Duty/DCS in the 104th or the like.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Disagree completly on Korea, if you build it they will come! There is plenty of room for fun outside the F-15.

I agree here. There may not be the units but there is a vehicular mod pack and B29 mod that they could wrap into their own version and release it when the campaign starts. Just because one person doesn't have one aircraft does not mean that the whole thing should be shot down or have a second server run during that time. Unless that is if you want to donate yourself and have you're own personal server put up.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Pls don't. Running two "BlueFlags" at the same time will just split the player base and makes both less enjoyable. If you don't want to participate in korea, just wait for the next round. It was the same with the WW2 BlueFlag (Case Blue), which btw worked pretty well, despite the small number of playable aircraft and especially fitting ground units. So I don't see a reason why a korean setting shouldn't work.

I'm really excited for a korean BlueFlag. There are too few good possibilities to fly the Sabre/Fagot in regular MP. :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

I totally agree with above:

1. It's good to have something different for a change

2. Asking Buddyspike to run two events is just too much

If it's going to be Korea setup for next event I'm really interested how the setup will be manged. I'm sure that the BS team will do a great job but at the same time the chanllange is the poor availability of player modules as also AI ground and air units.

As an example I've been trying to make some 70's (I know it's not Korea) setup missions for myself and Mig-21 just to realize that Tu-95 can't even carry the bombs. Also the models for Tu-95 or other planes like Su-17/22 are of very poor quality.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

There are 85 F-86F Sabre pilots and 97 MiG-15bis pilots registered alone 11-20-2015: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2544695&postcount=2

and this more than 6 month past :music_whistling:

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815