"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

If you start requiring MODs, especially something like that, you're going to lose people. Personally, I wouldn't want it. While I have fun in here and I care about realism, the last thing I want is for this to start feeling like I'm at work flying. Having said that, I'd try to work with what the server wanted.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd give it a go. I'm trying to make it as painless as possible for people to use and any feedback about getting setup and connected is invaluable. It's also nice to try to push the boundaries a bit otherwise we'll never have progress :)

We will also come up with a basic communication plan so everyone can find each other easily :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, today we were talking with the other pilots about Ciribob's DCS Simple Radio Standalone. Here are some idea I wrote down during the talk-on. Some pilots think that it would be great if that would be mandatory to use it and also that it would be nice if the designated GCI would be able to create/manage specific channel frequencies. But what came first, on top of everything regarding this "addon", is the fact that pilots don't know what frequencies to tune in, so that said, it's necessary to have a list of a prebriefed frequencies so pilots would tune in to talk to a GCI/Specific Flight Package/ATC/JTAC, etc...

This!

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

We have a severe lack of chopper pilots on Redfor (especially transport). If anyone owns the Ka-50, or Mi-8 module, but doesn't know how to fly them, and this is keeping them on Bluefor please contact me. I'm willing to train. Bluefor just isn't getting enough 3M9M in their daily diet.

Hey buddy I'm new to the blue flag stuff and joined blue before I had a chance to notice their is no Ka50 blue side. Can I switch to red and fly KA50?

Call sign Crom

I'd really appreciate it if you'd give it a go. I'm trying to make it as painless as possible for people to use and any feedback about getting setup and connected is invaluable. It's also nice to try to push the boundaries a bit otherwise we'll never have progress :)

We will also come up with a basic communication plan so everyone can find each other easily :)

I am member of TAW, as seen by my WAT tag, since dunno, 4 weeks, we use universradio.

In memory of universradios quirks and oddities, general workload to get it working every time you need it, I was like "argl 'nother radio thingy that is going to annoy the hell out of me".

Yesterday I did watch your tutorial to check how it works and hell I was surprised in the most positive way possible. Its just so clean and simple its really great.

Even as a CLI loving GUI agnostic person I do approve the Interface as microvax compatible. :D

Great work there Ciribob ! :) And all of them without the pain of Teamspeak plugins, startup order, just run the binary and it works. 10/10 would install/use again.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Remember, TS is still available with this Mod, so stepping into using it requires you give away nothing to try it and lose lots of shouting and whining in the blob channels if you make a success of your attempt. I for one would rather tune to channels with purpose than join a group thats a 16 year old shouting match - which, from time to time I see in there and it puts me right off. So in effect, its not work, its less annoying and stressful.

Time will tell where the center of gravity will move to.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hey buddy I'm new to the blue flag stuff and joined blue before I had a chance to notice their is no Ka50 blue side. Can I switch to red and fly KA50?

Call sign Crom

If you want to switch to redfor you can still do so during the testing phase, but I am not sure if you can do that on your own or you need an admin to do that for you, contact Xcom in TS or create a post on the Buddyspike website, should be no problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Remember, TS is still available with this Mod, so stepping into using it requires you give away nothing to try it and lose lots of shouting and whining in the blob channels if you make a success of your attempt. I for one would rather tune to channels with purpose than join a group thats a 16 year old shouting match - which, from time to time I see in there and it puts me right off. So in effect, its not work, its less annoying and stressful.

Time will tell where the center of gravity will move to.

Im allways both on radio and on TS. Have radio PTT just with my modifier key, so I dont flood the other respective media.

I think the radios are brilliant as flight intercom and just way more versatile then the whisper groups, you literally join and leave whispergroups at the flick of a button in the cockpit.

GCI for example doesnt need tons of whisper groups which are obsolete after 2 hours anyway, just use a frequency. :))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

How bad is high ping with the new anti-lag system? I know that in the past it often resulted in massive warping/rubber banding, but how bad are the effects of lag now? If they prove to be far less severe would you consider raising the ping limit? As it is now, I can't participate in blue flag because of the ping limit. I was able to take part in one of the early runs and it was a blast! And I'm holding out hope that one day I can take part again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried it for the first time yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. The setup was astoundingly easy. In literally 5 minutes after the download (not counting joining the server and applying power to my radios), I was on 3 freq's and listening to GCI and talking to my flight.

I even jumped in a JTAC vehicle and lased/smoked targets at Maykop. I had radios for that, as well - in the goddamned jeep. :)

The documentation could use some love, but JFC, the application is great.

Quick question,

I know I saw a post about it but can't find it. What's the workaround for using Starways mod and passing integrity check for the Blueflag server?

Thanks

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Quick question,

I know I saw a post about it but can't find it. What's the workaround for using Starways mod and passing integrity check for the Blueflag server?

Thanks

Sierra

Ditch the "shadows.lua" in config/effects

Lord of Salt

So replace starways shadow.lua with the vanilla one?

Yup

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

For those that are unsure about Radio Standalone, literally took about 5 people who didn't know anything about it and within 5 minutes had it installed working and on comms. Easiest thing in the world adding that immersion factor and cleaning up communications. Probably even easier for gci to communicate with rather than setting whisper channels. Also for airfields you simply tune into the atc frequency and broadcast your landing or taking off and you don't interupt a high intensity dogfight and keep communications clean.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I tried it for the first time yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. The setup was astoundingly easy. In literally 5 minutes after the download (not counting joining the server and applying power to my radios), I was on 3 freq's and listening to GCI and talking to my flight.

I even jumped in a JTAC vehicle and lased/smoked targets at Maykop. I had radios for that, as well - in the goddamned jeep. :)

The documentation could use some love, but JFC, the application is great.

I agree, this is a fantastic program...A squad mate and I jump on RED side in a MI8, got a mission task from BodyOrgan on VHF. My flight set our own frequency on the YADRO so we could finish task at hand and just listened to VHF for important info.

Keep up the great work Ciribob, looking forward for this.

Gci radio with 10 radios

Distance limitations

Line of sight limitations

Better radio effects

Overlay injected into game via dx11

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a.. quick question... but... is there any way to change which side you are on after you have picked?

War is easy and is just like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire and the ground is on fire and you are on fire and you realise you are in hell :joystick:

Some pilots think that it would be great if that would be mandatory to use it and also that it would be nice if the designated GCI would be able to create/manage specific channel frequencies.

But what came first, on top of everything regarding this "addon", is the fact that pilots don't know what frequencies to tune in, so that said, it's necessary to have a list of a prebriefed frequencies so pilots would tune in to talk to a GCI/Specific Flight Package/ATC/JTAC, etc...

I started working on some comm tables similar to what is used in real life but have a couple of questions.

First, Once a person selects a team they can only see the briefing panel for their team...Correct?

If this is the case, It would be simple to add a briefing slide with a simplified version of "SPINS" to facilitate using Simple radio.

Second is it possible to change the briefing slides when the server restarts? If it is, we could change the comm plan between missions prevent compromise.

Finally while some people are not inclined to use ANY radio, cleaning up the comms would make using simple radio far more enjoyable for those who do.

I'll post an example shortly.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I started working on some comm tables similar to what is used in real life but have a couple of questions.

First, Once a person selects a team they can only see the briefing panel for their team...Correct?

If this is the case, It would be simple to add a briefing slide with a simplified version of "SPINS" to facilitate using Simple radio.

Second is it possible to change the briefing slides when the server restarts? If it is, we could change the comm plan between missions prevent compromise.

Finally while some people are not inclined to use ANY radio, cleaning up the comms would make using simple radio far more enjoyable for those who do.

I'll post an example shortly.

Sierra

That is my biggest question what is the pace plan? Aka what are our freq's

I have a really quick question why must the f15s have to refuel and any of the sukhois or migs dont have to. I just think if you want to refuel fighters than have all the fighters refuel or give them all half tanks. Just my own opinion. Its just hard when you are trying to scramble and have no fighters in the air due to refueling and ins aligning for the m2000.

I have a really quick question why must the f15s have to refuel and any of the sukhois or migs dont have to. I just think if you want to refuel fighters than have all the fighters refuel or give them all half tanks. Just my own opinion. Its just hard when you are trying to scramble and have no fighters in the air due to refueling and ins aligning for the m2000.

i dont know what planet your on but the SU's start with 20% fuel.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2