"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

You didn't need to identify yourself, but OK. So what you did, best intentions accepted, is create a 22-27 player crammed comms environment where only you could mainly speak. If you had done it on SRS also, the people in TS could still chat, but you stopped them. You could have gone onto SRS as well and served both the sets, but instead you divided the channels deliberately and by your choice, with your flawed reasoning below.

So let's take your statement:

"If I (I was the GCI last night) don't address those people as well it causes a cluster in the server and puts teams at a disadvantage"

Entirely the opposite was achieved, everyone was forced to use TS (or not get GCI) all 23-27 of the blue players. When you asked me if I was on comms I replied on the GCI channel as I was muted on TS and engaged defensive in an F5 vs a Mig 29 with no time to un mute myself, besides that you werent listening on SRS. Therefore if i wasnt speaking on TS, you were only stopping people from using SRS effectively. If you cannot see that, we are going to have trouble getting anyone to use voice comms effectively buddy.

I don't mean offense, but it is hard to reason with your logic and I find it frustrating that for the want of a little effort, BOTH sides of the coin can be served, everyone can be happy, because I love a little chat on TS, but only when i'm not needing realtime assistance from someone watching the F10 map. SRS enables people to have less crammed comms environmensts and DOES NOT prevent anyone using TeamSpeak for chat, the two go together.

Pikey, say what you will, but you are missing a big point. There are several people that refuse to use SR, but are on TS. If I (I was the GCI last night) don't address those people as well it causes a cluster in the server and puts teams at a disadvantage. Not to mention it seems that there are still several times with people on SR that they do not hear the other person addressing them. The reason I was using TS instead was because of this very fact. Its not a huge deal if GCI stays on TS and individual wings or groups use SR to to coordinate.

People need to understand that even though Blue Flag is a competitive envirnment it is still open to the public. Forcing people to do something is just going to cause an initial decrease in player population and add anothe level of complexity that frankly some people might not want.

People need to use what they are more comfortable with and stop trying to push what they want on everyone else. Yes TS can get crowded, but thats what brevity is for. If you want to use SR then fine use it. I use it myself, but don't complain that certian people don't use because in the end its their choice.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't need to identify yourself, but OK. So what you did, best intentions accepted, is create a 22-27 player crammed comms environment where only you could mainly speak. If you had done it on SRS also, the people in TS could still chat, but you stopped them. You could have gone onto SRS as well and served both the sets, but instead you divided the channels deliberately and by your choice, with your flawed reasoning below.

So let's take your statement:

"If I (I was the GCI last night) don't address those people as well it causes a cluster in the server and puts teams at a disadvantage"

Entirely the opposite was achieved, everyone was forced to use TS (or not get GCI) all 23-27 of the blue players. When you asked me if I was on comms I replied on the GCI channel as I was muted on TS and engaged defensive in an F5 vs a Mig 29 with no time to un mute myself, besides that you werent listening on SRS. Therefore if i wasnt speaking on TS, you were only stopping people from using SRS effectively. If you cannot see that, we are going to have trouble getting anyone to use voice comms effectively buddy.

I don't mean offense, but it is hard to reason with your logic and I find it frustrating that for the want of a little effort, BOTH sides of the coin can be served, everyone can be happy, because I love a little chat on TS, but only when i'm not needing realtime assistance from someone watching the F10 map. SRS enables people to have less crammed comms environmensts and DOES NOT prevent anyone using TeamSpeak for chat, the two go together.

Sorry that you felt that way. Its funny that you come down on GCI for no listening on both TS and SR, but you could have simply been listening on both and able to talk on both. Simple solution and problem solved. You're the only one that has ever said anything about this with GCI being on TS and not on SR. Actually a lot of people have voiced that they would rather have GCI on TS. Frankly you cant expect GCI to remember who is on TS and who is on SR. More people have seemed to want GCI on TS. Also you stated that GCI is basically the manager for the attack so they choose what they think is the best way to communicate, I chose TS. If you want something different feel free to jump on GCI and do it yourself.

Also, its really funny how agressive people get about this stuff. People need to figure it out that other people are going to want different things then yourself and ITS OK! People really need to chill and try and address this in a better way aside from being sarcastic etc to one another.

Edited by M0ltar

Is the Radio server off? I can't connect

Sorry we can't change the IP on the map at the moment.

The Correct IP will always be listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit#gid=0

Thanks for having a go! :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry about the rage but -

This is really frustrating! there are barely any M2000C slots anymore on the west side!

Senaki, a very much blue airfield has 4 F-15C and 4 F-5 Slots 0 M2000C

Gudauta now has no M2000C !

Kobuleti 10 (!!) F-15C , 4 F-5 0 M2000C (WTH??)

Please understand - the Mirage has a real poor range and starting so far inside our lines will not only give terrible loitering time , but also take ages to reach combat zone.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can also make up anecdotal evidence to support my opinions. That for example, everyone I have talked to supports SR on every server. Anyhow...

You must see the irony in calling us aggressive and unreasonable when you are the one opposing the long sought after solution to an annoying problem. And an improvement to the whole sim at that!

The "forcing people" aspect has already been answered.

PR is living proof of the importance of something like this.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

A Suggestion from just playing on the server. The SA6 Kub's are a bit rediculous without SEAD. Yes I can kill them, but having 6-7 gurading an airfield makes it impossible to do anything about them. I can understand one or 2 but the maximum of 9 makes pressing impossible.

I understand that each team needs a way to defend their territory, but I think the deployable threats need to be something that can be delt with in a way without SEAD since it is not available. I know the reason for the SA6 is because it takes 2 trips, but why not make it a more limited deployment or have each team be able to deployable say 3-4 TORs or Tungs?

Just my 2 cents.

I wish they would make SOME form of comms mandatory just to see how it worked. The amount of people not in comms of any kind blows my mind.

Blue flag is an exercise of collaboration, planning, timing, and teamwork. It blows my mind that people want to play it but then refuse to utilize a tool that enhances all of those aspects.

THIS.

Some people really need to get this in their heads. Without proper communication you cannot have effective teamwork, PERIOD.

This shouting match with 10+ people in a single TS channel gets annoying rather quickly. We have seen what happens when we try to impose order on the TS, it falls apart quicker than a house of cards during a hurricane. SR gives the opportunity to do this with MUCH LESS effort.

People who are stating they outright refuse to use SR at all (because of reasons) baffle me they seriously do. You are not teamplayers at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THIS.

Some people really need to get this in their heads. Without proper communication you cannot have effective teamwork, PERIOD.

This shouting match with 10+ people in a single TS channel gets annoying rather quickly. We have seen what happens when we try to impose order on the TS, it falls apart quicker than a house of cards during a hurricane. SR gives the opportunity to do this with MUCH LESS effort.

People who are stating they outright refuse to use SR at all (because of reasons) baffle me they seriously do. You are not teamplayers at all.

FYI --- CGI on our side "Dave" not even in TS..

I3aWS1s.png

Thing that maybe worth look at:

From Red side

- If enemy CGI sees enemy KUB it can shut it down.

- Destruction on bases does not record after restart on red side. Blue seems to works well.

- JTAC on Red side is not drive as Blue side.

THIS.

Yeah, I'm baffled, too. It's almost like...like people are not focusing on being tryhard all the time and actually value the social aspect of Blueflag more than efficiency.

All hail the communications masterrace. :D

Yeah, I'm baffled, too. It's almost like...like people are not focusing on being tryhard all the time and actually value the social aspect of Blueflag more than efficiency.

All hail the communications masterrace. :D

I think the breakdown occurs when you have 25 people in comms and 5 not in comms with this very attitude. When numbers get high enough, this demeanor effectively becomes a roadblock when it comes to accomplishing goals essential to progress in blue flag.

I get what you're saying, but on the other hand, what you're saying is you'd like to cultivate a behavior from several people that impedes the spirit of the exercise itself. All the while, youre doing so under the guise of it being a casual, social thing. I have made friends in blue flag, but without blue flag, if I want to be social with those people, id choose to do it somewhere other than blue flag. Every 3 hours, it resets and provides ample time for casual socializing. There are also several times during the round where action has ceased and there's room for chit chat. The problem occurs when "chit chat" becomes "blah blah" and the "blah blah" imposes on people cooperatively competing towards achieving victory in the exercise. Infortunately, the latter scenario happens too much.

Sent while I should be working instead.

Id guess ciribob's motivation took this into account. Blue flag, for many, is the consensus top competitive event in DCS. If you're looking for a social experience, maybe explore a venue that doesn't handicap the spirit of the event. I wouldn't go Onto a more casual social server and say

"Zulu4, mic check 1, 2, how copy, come back, over!" Because that type of behavior isnt appropriate for the scale of the event.

Blue flag is THE consensus try hard event in dcs. Don't ridicule others for treating it what it is.

Sent while I should be working instead.

first i want to say SR is awesome.

now as far as whether or not the OWNER of the server can enforce use of SR as the preferred in-game comms this would be nothing new. for those of us that play Arma 3 many multiplayer servers require those that are flying aircraft to be on Teamspeak or they are booted and banned from the PUBLIC server.

All of you that are saying you would boycott the server over the "principle" of it or "how could it be enforced?" are you serious? you need to remember that the OWNER of the server is providing you a place to play a game at NO MONETARY COST to you. so if they ask that we all use any method of communication they want, if its even cup and string, i think its a really small price to pay considering the amount of time and real money the server OWNERS are giving to us, the community. I also quite frankly find it insulting that you think you are entitled to ANYTHING from the server OWNERS to include even allowing you to connect to THEIR server and use THEIR bandwidth.Remember this whole blue flag server is a gift not a right. so i think those of you that are not asking how you can help the server OWNER more, rather than whining about them considering saying SR is the PREFERRED comm method and/or even required for those wanting to be GCI, should perhaps find another server to play on (there are plenty that dont require ANY comms out there where you will be welcome in the silence).

The funny thing is because of the simplicity and power of SR as well as its continued development i think it wont be long before it becomes the preferred comms for pretty much ALL public DCS multiplayer servers and therefore will be adopted by most of those today who are making such a fuss over a suggestion that would only make things better and more immersive for this game as a whole and Blueflag specifically.

I bought DCS for its realism and this SR program only furthers that realism where Teamspeak retracts from it. i also suspect many want to fly on the Blueflag server due to the increased realism it adds to multiplayer. so using SR should be viewed by them as furthering the fidelity of the Blueflag experience rather than a negative.

So I have to say if the owners of blueflag want to require use of SR i am happy to comply and also more than happy to ask them HOW CAN I HELP YOU? to support other players having tech difficulties installing or using SR.

feel free to send me a PM if there is anything i can do to help support your efforts with SR and/or Blueflag

Charlesnett Callsign - "Fisherman"

All of you that are saying you would boycott the server over the "principle" of it or "how could it be enforced?" are you serious? you need to remember that the OWNER of the server is providing you a place to play a game at NO MONETARY COST to you. so if they ask that we all use any method of communication they want, if its even cup and string, i think its a really small price to pay considering the amount of time and real money the server OWNERS are giving to us, the community. I also quite frankly find it insulting that you think you are entitled to ANYTHING from the server OWNERS to include even allowing you to connect to THEIR server and use THEIR bandwidth.Remember this whole blue flag server is a gift not a right. so i think those of you that are not asking how you can help the server OWNER more, rather than whining about them considering saying SR is the PREFERRED comm method and/or even required for those wanting to be GCI, should perhaps find another server to play on (there are plenty that dont require ANY comms out there where you will be welcome in the silence).

I guess you missed the bit where Greg, a Buddy Spike admin said enforcing it would be bad. With that in mind do you also find those demanding for it to be enforced insulting or are you just using strong words to silence those that disagree with your opinion? :)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I'm a casual and the way these last few pages are going, if all these people get their way, you are going to alienate a majority of the people that fly DCS. Not everyone wants to be super serious about everything, it turns into a second job. Also the elitism is getting pretty crazy, it's all SR or bust. I also remember I flew my Mig21 a few rounds back and someone told me to get the ef out of the useless plane and do something. I haven't been back since.

we are now in testing and we added the radio, it's normal that not everyone will use it but this is going to be the standard for blue flag, so even if you haven't installed it yet, do so.

We are not into enforcing although we can simply not allow anyone who is in TS to join the server unless he is in the radio, but we don't want to get to enforcing anything.

By monitoring what is happening with the radio, we will decide accordingly for the round start.

Also, the next one who calls any buddyspike related projects bullshit or any other non discussion worth insult, will find himself permanently banned, all of blue flag is achieved by our team members giving of their free time for the community, the minimum we ask is to respect that.

I see some people are complaining about the thought of using Simple Radio. Let me start by saying I was totally against it. Mostly it was because I thought it would split the community. I downloaded it and use it now. It's as simple as using TS but IMO it's better suited for what we're doing in aircraft. You're using the actual radios in the aircraft and for the FC planes, there is a small overlay to input radio frequencies. It's really something that should be integrated into vanilla DCS. Things that are coming in the future of SR are really what sets it apart from TS. Things like radio propagation, limitation of radio waves due to weather and terrain, encryption, etc. Like it or not, I really see this as the future of communication for DCS and it's a good thing. At least download it and give it a try. I think you'll change your mind.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Sorry about the rage but -

This is really frustrating! there are barely any M2000C slots anymore on the west side!

Senaki, a very much blue airfield has 4 F-15C and 4 F-5 Slots 0 M2000C

Gudauta now has no M2000C !

Kobuleti 10 (!!) F-15C , 4 F-5 0 M2000C (WTH??)

Please understand - the Mirage has a real poor range and starting so far inside our lines will not only give terrible loitering time , but also take ages to reach combat zone.

Will tweak more the slots asap.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Greg are you able to hop on an such me sides. Been trying to get an admin for a week

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I see some people are complaining about the thought of using Simple Radio. Let me start by saying I was totally against it. Mostly it was because I thought it would split the community. I downloaded it and use it now. It's as simple as using TS but IMO it's better suited for what we're doing in aircraft. You're using the actual radios in the aircraft and for the FC planes, there is a small overlay to input radio frequencies. It's really something that should be integrated into vanilla DCS. Things that are coming in the future of SR are really what sets it apart from TS. Things like radio propagation, limitation of radio waves due to weather and terrain, encryption, etc. Like it or not, I really see this as the future of communication for DCS and it's a good thing. At least download it and give it a try. I think you'll change your mind.

Agree 100%.

The future of SR is unsure at the moment, all this tub thumping is if anything a bit premature. I've seen communication tools bring servers to a stand still when the player count using it goes up, let's help Ciribob with the testing and hope everything turns out for the best.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org