46 members have voted

1. 1. IPS vs. TN ... TV vs. Monitor

• TV
    • Monitor
    • IPS
    • TN
    • 120Hz (painel) TV
    • 60Hz (painel) Monitor

Now the prices of TVs sets are going down I really want to know If is good to buy TV over Monitor. U can get an good TV set 32" to 46" for an great price. I really want to know if someone have experience with TVs and with one is better if the IPS or TN Painel. And the last but not least about the rate of the painel I see tv with 120Hz (240Hz). If the that is and advantage on DCS.

Edited by EAKMotorsports
Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

for me IPS is most impressive image out there

as for tv vs monitor i would go for a monitor 100% sure, because still images are far better and you wont notice one while gaming

cheers

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

TV's are not very good for gaming for one main reason: They have a HUGE input lag. Some TV's have input lag of up to 300ms, or almost a thrid of a second. While that may seem like a short amout of time, this is 20 whole frames of delay if you are playing at 60Fps. I would advise against TV's if you are doing any kind of formation work. NCIX did o video about this.

(Can't get the Youtube embed to work for some reason)

"Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information."-Michael Scott

System Specs: i5 4570 OC'ed to 3.6GHZ (It was free, what can I say), Gigabyte B85M-DS3H, 8Gb Team Elite Plus, Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming OC'ed to 1600MHZ, 240Gb OCZ Arc 100 SSD, Raidmax Aztec Case, Saitek X55, and GhettoIR.

For gaming TN is the only acceptable type. I just bought mine 4K TN GSync 60Hz. The only drawback is the 28" size which is very small. I compenste this by mounting it on an articulate arm and keep it as close as possible. Before i used an full hd plasma 42" panasonic which again was perfect as gaming monitor - no latency at all, close to old CRTs

What I like in 4k is that for DCS the spotting foe planes is better, along with all very smooth edges. Antialising totally disabled

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

thank you guys for the answers. Looking for some others users if more people use tv or monitor.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.