Using a T.Flight HOTAS?

Jacks

I am keen to learn to fly and flight the A-10C but so far have put off by all of the HOTAS buttons required to operate it.

I have a T-Flight HOTAS. Is anyone else using this for the A-10C and so how do you find it? How have you set your HOTAS to maximise effectiveness?

Regards,

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Using the same stick, along with a track ir. I do trim, master mode button, tms up, counter measures, speed breaks, the rest is with keyboard or mouse. Doesn't prevent me from enjoying the A10 a lot

Edit: I play mostly MP and never feels I am at a disadvantage.

I have the same stick too, I fly the A10-C with no problems (apart from my skill level)

I use buttons 5 through 10 as modifiers as follows

5 + Hat for Slew

6 + Hat for Coolie Hat

7 + Hat for Trim

8 + Hat for TMS

9 + Hat for DMS

10 + Hat for CMS I use the SE button for China Hat Aft & ST Button for China Hat FWD

10 + R3 Button for Speed Brake Aft

10 + L1 Button for Speed Brake FWD

Works for me, but play around with your own bindings till you are comfortable with them.

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of using modifiers :doh:. I will set a few of the throttle buttons as modifiers and then use the hat switch. :thumbup:

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Used one for ages, used 8 and 4 (think it was four, one on the top right of the stick) as modifiers which worked pretty well. The silver buttons on the base of the throttle work nicely for countermeasures.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I have the same stick too, I fly the A10-C with no problems (apart from my skill level)

I use buttons 5 through 10 as modifiers as follows

5 + Hat for Slew

6 + Hat for Coolie Hat

7 + Hat for Trim

8 + Hat for TMS

9 + Hat for DMS

10 + Hat for CMS I use the SE button for China Hat Aft & ST Button for China Hat FWD

10 + R3 Button for Speed Brake Aft

10 + L1 Button for Speed Brake FWD

Works for me, but play around with your own bindings till you are comfortable with them.

THANK YOU! why didn't i ever think of using modifiers for my CH combat stick?

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

• 2 weeks later...