Issue when I exit a mission

Budvido

I am running the latest version of DCS world with flaming cliffs 3. The problem I am having is when I exit out of a mission, the game freezes and I get an error message stating "DCS world has stopped working. The game itself seems to work fine, its just when I exit out of a mission or scenario, it ALWAYS crashes. Game version is updated as is flaming cliffs. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and knows the fix.

Thanks

doesn't ALWAYS happen, but it has been happening more over the last 7-10 days

don't know why

but yeah, i'm definitely getting this also

seems to be when i'm online - finishing a mulitplayer session

but also happens (albeit less frequently) in the midst of the scenario

very VERY frustrating

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

do you have any crash logs? they can be found in your saved games folder / dcs

and how much ram do you have on your machine?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This happens with the Redistributed files sometimes.

You may need to delete and reinstall them from Microsoft's website

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same "DCS world has stopped working" error every time I exit a mission. I tried updating the visual C++ 2013 as described above but that hasn't made any difference. I did upgrade to Win 10 in the last few days so im guessing its connected to this.

Any suggestions?

I have 8gb of ram and my crash logs appear to date back to 2013 so not sure if any of those are relevant.

Intel i5-4670k @ 4.4 ghz | Corsair H100i | Gainward GTX 760 Phantom (overdue an upgrade) | Asus Maximus VI Gene MBoard | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | 3 x Sandisk/Crucial SSD's | Corsair AX760 PSU | Saitek X45 (ftw!)

Thanks. I cleared the folder, started a quick start mission, exited (and it crashed again) and the two .log files along with a "me.log.old" were created

dcs.log.txt

me.log.txt

Intel i5-4670k @ 4.4 ghz | Corsair H100i | Gainward GTX 760 Phantom (overdue an upgrade) | Asus Maximus VI Gene MBoard | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | 3 x Sandisk/Crucial SSD's | Corsair AX760 PSU | Saitek X45 (ftw!)

I had the same issue. But it disappeared after i got a SSD. (My DCS hard drive broke down).

Check if there is enough space left on that HDD/SSD or even your windows drive.

So for me it had something to do with the HDD being broken. Or that my HDD always was full. Especially the partition where my OS was installed on. But also check your disc where DCS is installed on.

Clear the %temp% folder and delete your track files. Should clear up some space. If it not works try to do a disk check (run in CMD > chkdsk /f and reboot PC) On reboot the disc check will start.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I had the same issue. But it disappeared after i got a SSD. (My DCS hard drive broke down).

Check if there is enough space left on that HDD/SSD or even your windows drive.

So for me it had something to do with the HDD being broken. Or that my HDD always was full. Especially the partition where my OS was installed on. But also check your disc where DCS is installed on.

Clear the %temp% folder and delete your track files. Should clear up some space. If it not works try to do a disk check (run in CMD > chkdsk /f and reboot PC) On reboot the disc check will start.

DCS and Windows are on separate SSDs that are less than two years old with over 50gb of space left on each and healthy according to CrystalDiskInfo and Sandisk Toolkit.

chkdsk didnt resolve anything unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using Windows 10 and a clean install of DCS World 1.2.16.43180 and everything is fine but if I put the HeadTracker.dll into \DCS World\bin folder I get the "DCS world has stopped working" error on misison exit and sometimes also when loading a mission.

If I remove the dll everything is fine again. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index

I'm using Windows 10 and a clean install of DCS World 1.2.16.43180 and everything is fine but if I put the HeadTracker.dll into \DCS World\bin folder I get the "DCS world has stopped working" error on misison exit and sometimes also when loading a mission.

If I remove the dll everything is fine again. :cry:

Interesting, I just tested this myself - Removed headtracker.dll = no crash.

This would appear to be an issue related to facetracknoir then :(

Ok, I think I've found a fix.

1. Remove HeadTracker.dll from 'Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin' folder

2. Download HeadTracker.dll from this thread and unzip

3. Place in 'Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin' folder

4. Enjoy

It worked for me, so anyone else having this problem might be worth a try

• Like 1

Ok, I think I've found a fix.

1. Remove HeadTracker.dll from 'Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin' folder

2. Download HeadTracker.dll from this thread and unzip

3. Place in 'Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin' folder

4. Enjoy

It worked for me, so anyone else having this problem might be worth a try

I confirm, no more crashes. Thanks k0braka1!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index